Board Dynamics

There are many message boards. Why do you, personally, post at this one? What are the pros and cons here if someone asks you about the board you post at although you do not tell them exactly where it is located?
I have been asked where I disappeared to from my old home board I used to hang out at. My response was vague but it made me think about why I came here...and stayed.
So I thought I'd ask you why you came here...and stayed as well.

I have no life and I desparately need something to fill it.

I posted for years on a Disney message board, mostly in the community section. I'd frequently get time-outs for being sarcastic.:dunno: :D That's why I had that sarcasm avatar for so long....whiny, thin-skinned little bitches suck.:tongue: Then they banned all political discussion, and I had really enjoyed those debate topics. So on that day I googled political message boards and found this place....and it was love at first sight. I could be sarcastic, vulgar, goofy....whatever mood struck me, and no mods would jump my shit. I don't have time for any other boards.

There are many message boards. Why do you, personally, post at this one? What are the pros and cons here if someone asks you about the board you post at although you do not tell them exactly where it is located?
I have been asked where I disappeared to from my old home board I used to hang out at. My response was vague but it made me think about why I came here...and stayed.
So I thought I'd ask you why you came here...and stayed as well.

:doubt:I thought this was a thread on surfing....

surfing-01302858b.jpg

surf-board-t-shirt.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm, what are the rules on bumping threads? What's considered too old?

The Mods run it like it a board for grown ups, don't suck up to corporate sponsors and don't shill for any political party.

This!

Haven't been here long. Maybe I'll run up against some cliques. But this is the feeling I get.

I'm a refugee from a fan-based corporate-shill political site. I recently figured out a fundamental flaw of that site. The people posting there have all agreed implicitly or explicitly to cauterize a certain critical part of their mind. No criticizing the host or his friends. That kind of mentality seems to predispose one to submitting to strong personalities, even or especially abusive ones.

So, I appreciate having found a site with no apparent agenda other than discussion. No one is perfect but that's a better starting point than one which is personality-based from the get go.

At first I was intimidated by the volume of this site and didn't want to try to learn my way around a new board, but I came back a few times to search for different things and decided to go ahead and post, and it's been cool.

The Mods run it like it a board for grown ups, don't suck up to corporate sponsors and don't shill for any political party.

This!

Haven't been here long. Maybe I'll run up against some cliques. But this is the feeling I get.

I'm a refugee from a fan-based corporate-shill political site. I recently figured out a fundamental flaw of that site. The people posting there have all agreed implicitly or explicitly to cauterize a certain critical part of their mind. No criticizing the host or his friends. That kind of mentality seems to predispose one to submitting to strong personalities, even or especially abusive ones.

So, I appreciate having found a site with no apparent agenda other than discussion. No one is perfect but that's a better starting point than one which is personality-based from the get go.

At first I was intimidated by the volume of this site and didn't want to try to learn my way around a new board, but I came back a few times to search for different things and decided to go ahead and post, and it's been cool.

The mods here are very good. The rules are pretty clear and there is very little favouritism. If you violate those rules, they'll come down pretty consistently.

On the flip side, you need a thick skin.

This!

I came here from a very small site and the number of posters/posts was definitely a concern. I don't post here nearly as much as I did on the previous site, probably because so much of my time here is taken up by reading the plethora of posts! :lol:

Still, I've gotten used to it, I guess a person's posting style can change from site to site. :)

Republicans on this board are needy. They need to hear the truth before they become even further lost in their delusions. I'm saving them.

I like the moderators..

They step in when needed but are mostly hands off

What I don't get is they let you say Fuck but they don't let you say *****

Edit: ***** the guy in the helmet from Star Wars

RW needs moderators like he needs masters.
But he's left of center, so it figures.

Forum List

Back