BO running nasty, mean, partisan, presidential campaign against...George Bush

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
that will seem preposterous to most Americans and so should enable Romney to become our next president!! Two Republican Supreme Court nominees comming up and then liberalism will be cooked!!

that will seem preposterous to most Americans and so should enable Romney to become our next president!! Two Republican Supreme Court nominees comming up and then liberalism will be cooked!!

Wrong. I've seen a few very hard hitting political ads targeting Romney. Perhaps you're hoping Obama has forgotten all about Mitt? :lol:

Wrong. I've seen a few very hard hitting political ads targeting Romney. Perhaps you're hoping Obama has forgotten all about Mitt? :lol:

I think that's pretty much his point. As I read it, Ed is suggesting that Obama is campaigning against George Bush, again...

I think that's pretty much his point. As I read it, Ed is suggesting that Obama is campaigning against George Bush, again...
Again? He never STOPPED campaigning against Bush. :lmao:

His point was that Obama is running against Bush and I am saying no such luck.

I misread your post...

I have yet to see one ad against Romney. Every speech I see or hear from our President focuses on what he "inherited" (never mind that he asked for and actively sought the job knowing full well what he faced), blaming the previous administration, blaming Republicans, blaming anyone at whom he can point a finger, nary a mention of Romney, and certainly no claim of responsibilty or failure on his part.

At what point, seriously, does the President, any President, become responsible for the actions and policies he has enacted since taking office? I can't remember one who has spent as much time blaming the "other guy" as President Obama has. Not Bush, not Clinton, not Bush, not Reagan, not Carter.

I misread your post...

I have yet to see one ad against Romney. Every speech I see or hear from our President focuses on what he "inherited" (never mind that he asked for and actively sought the job knowing full well what he faced), blaming the previous administration, blaming Republicans, blaming anyone at whom he can point a finger, nary a mention of Romney, and certainly no claim of responsibilty or failure on his part.

At what point, seriously, does the President, any President, become responsible for the actions and policies he has enacted since taking office? I can't remember one who has spent as much time blaming the "other guy" as President Obama has. Not Bush, not Clinton, not Bush, not Reagan, not Carter.

Well you begin with the false premise that every speech is about George Bush.

The anti Romney ads have to do with his record as Governor and they are very good.

I misread your post...

The anti Romney ads have to do with his record as Governor and they are very good.

What false premise? I clearly stated, "Every speech I see or hear." Now, I suppose that there may have been a bit of hyperbole in that statement, but you must admit that it would be disingenuous to say that the President hasn't seized just about any and every opportunity to lay the blame for the country's current state at the feet of George Bush. He doesn't often say his name, but we all know what he means when he says he "inherited" these problems.

Look, I'm not saying that he was wrong to point out the shortcomings of the previous administration. I'm not saying he was wrong to blame Bush. But, in my opinion, he should have stopped blaming them after his first year in office. He didn't and he hasn't.

So, I repeat my last question...

At what point, seriously, does the President, any President, become responsible for the actions and policies he has enacted since taking office? I can't remember one who has spent as much time blaming the "other guy" as President Obama has.

I misread your post...

Um, every speech I've heard Obama give mentions Bush, which kinda gets me excited until I find out it's about politics, but seriously is there one that doesnt mention W?

Last edited:
The presently stagnant political situation is such that things will need to get much worse before they get better and a Romney presidency might just bring that about.

By worse I mean fulfillment of the corporatist agenda, which is complete dissolution of the middle class, which includes the right-wing water-carriers who seem to believe they will not be among the economically subjugated when the elite finally prevail. When these delusional Tories realize they've been their own worst enemy they will drift across the dividing line. The eventual political revolution will be so powerful it will sweep the Congress and laws will be passed that will bring the Supreme Court into line with the Peoples' interests.

I know it won't happen in my lifetime but I hope my grandchildren will see the return to a unified and truly democratic America. Because what has happened to this Nation in recent years is a goddam shame.

A second term with Obama will do nothing but prolong the misery.

Last edited:

And Bishop Willard is running to reinstate the policies of his mentor George W Bush. Willard wants Bush's tax cuts, Willard wants Bush's lax to no regulations, Willard wants Bush's emergency room health care, Willard wants Bush's perpetual war by attacking Iran, where exactly does Willard differ from Bush????????
Willard is the third term of Idiot Bush!!!

And Bishop Willard is running to reinstate the policies of his mentor George W Bush. Willard wants Bush's tax cuts, Willard wants Bush's lax to no regulations, Willard wants Bush's emergency room health care, Willard wants Bush's perpetual war by attacking Iran, where exactly does Willard differ from Bush????????

Wow, this Obama term has been awesome, what did it take Reagan 1 year, Clinton 1 year and W 1 year to get out of their economic crapper, yet Obama cant in 4?

I say lets tax the rich, I mean we dont want companies making money or producing jobs, and we certainly know that taxing the rich and corporations with have zero effect on the middle and lower classes. And I bet you believe in unicorns, dont ya?

Wow, this Obama term has been awesome, what did it take Reagan 1 year, Clinton 1 year and W 1 year to get out of their economic crapper, yet Obama cant in 4?

I say lets tax the rich, I mean we dont want companies making money or producing jobs, and we certainly know that taxing the rich and corporations with have zero effect on the middle and lower classes. And I bet you believe in unicorns, dont ya?
Thank you for showing that you can find no difference between the policies of Willard and Dumbya.

Thank you for showing that you can find no difference between the policies of Willard and Dumbya.

WEll gee what policies do you think would be different? I know you love this Obama economy? ARE you union, did you make a pile in the GM bailout? Those are about the only winners so far in Obama's economy.
So tell me why did Air America fail? you can give me a buisness reason and then some bs excuse.

WEll gee what policies do you think would be different? I know you love this Obama economy? ARE you union, did you make a pile in the GM bailout? Those are about the only winners so far in Obama's economy.
So tell me why did Air America fail? you can give me a buisness reason and then some bs excuse.
Why did Enron go broke during Dubya? Well first off it was the companies responsibilty to make a profit and they didn't, but lame Obama, and then blame Dubya for the Enron collapse.

I misread your post...

What false premise? I clearly stated, "Every speech I see or hear." Now, I suppose that there may have been a bit of hyperbole in that statement, but you must admit that it would be disingenuous to say that the President hasn't seized just about any and every opportunity to lay the blame for the country's current state at the feet of George Bush. He doesn't often say his name, but we all know what he means when he says he "inherited" these problems.

Look, I'm not saying that he was wrong to point out the shortcomings of the previous administration. I'm not saying he was wrong to blame Bush. But, in my opinion, he should have stopped blaming them after his first year in office. He didn't and he hasn't.

So, I repeat my last question...

At what point, seriously, does the President, any President, become responsible for the actions and policies he has enacted since taking office? I can't remember one who has spent as much time blaming the "other guy" as President Obama has.

It isn't easy trying to clean up someone elses mess and I'm sure he is about sick of Republicans setting him up for failure all the time. He does talk about the lack of enthusiasm the Right wing congress shows in fixing problems simply because they want him to fail. They have come out and said it. (Mitch McConnell)

He did walk into a near depression, that is a fact and he deserves credit for bringing back the auto industry in Michigan and Ohio. You all never talk about his accomplishments and you do always say things like he just blames Bush and he hasn't done anything himself which isn't the case.

Obama is running against Romney and he is not forgetting about all the lies Romney keeps repeating as you will see in the debates.

oh my, they aren't the Bush tax cuts anymore, Obama and the Democrats EXTENDED them so they are the OBAMA TAX CUTS now..about the ONLY good thing he has done

but that won't stop you all from lying and still try and put the blame on Bush..

tsk tsk

Firstly, congrats on making a post without quoting Rush. I'm impressed.

Unfortunately, even without Rush's words, you're still too dumb to compete in the real world. Your constant pretense that it was Bush would wanted lax regs is no based in reality. You really should study more... and by study, I don't mean read the HuffPuff and watch MSNBC.

Romney is running to restore the reign of GW Bush. Romney may not wish to state that explicitly,

but materially, that is exactly what he is doing.

Therefore, it is the perfectly appropriate rebuttal to that campaign to remind everyone of what we got out of 8 years of GW Bush.

Forum List

Back