Blunt Amendment, poll

Sorry, got distracted.

Do you believe the Blunt Amendment is an example of what is wrong in the Congress today?

Yes or No?

Um. Hello?

Why don't you explain what the Blunt Amendment is? Maybe provide some links for more information so people will know WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Hello, this is a political message board, one must presume the reader has some idea of what's happening in the Congress.

One presumes wrongly.

Would you like me to list some legislation you have probably not heard about?

Link? Quote the Amendment? Is this too hard to figure out if you want to have a conversation?

Sorry, got distracted.

Do you believe the Blunt Amendment is an example of what is wrong in the Congress today?

Yes or No?

How the fuck do you expect people to discuss it or vote if you don't even bother to tell us what it is that you're wanting to discuss. Put a fucking link in or outline the fucking bill.

idiot

I suppose it was foolish of me to believe those who post regularly (or as you do incessantly) on a political message board to have an inkling of what is a current issue in the Congress.

If the rabid right winger really hated abortion as much as they claim, they would be demanding that birth control be practiced by any and all. Just as a way to reduce unwanted pregnancy and abortion.

As a pro-lifer, I have made the argument here and all over the internet many, many times that proper usage of birth control needs to be more widely practiced.

But I am also aware that birth control is against some religions. And I would NEVER violate the First Amendment and force someone to do something against their religion.

Last edited:
Sorry, got distracted.

Yes or No?

How the fuck do you expect people to discuss it or vote if you don't even bother to tell us what it is that you're wanting to discuss. Put a fucking link in or outline the fucking bill.

idiot

I suppose it was foolish of me to believe those who post regularly (or as you do incessantly) on a political message board to have an inkling of what is a current issue in the Congress.

It's all about the C-Span 2.

You need to make it clear (to ignorant radicals?) that it's not an amendment to the Constitution, it's a proposed amendment to a highway bill. It's not expected to pass in the lock-step democrat dominated senate but it would give employers the option of not funding certain parts of Obamacare that are contrary to their religious beliefs. Would you force American mosques to offer bacon to muslem kids for breakfast? Horrors no, but lefties think nothing of forcing the Catholic church to pass out condoms.

Well, someone is not a totally ignorant fool. Yes, the point is and remains what did the Blunt Amendment have to do with a Highway Funding Bill?

You need to make it clear (to ignorant radicals?) that it's not an amendment to the Constitution, it's a proposed amendment to a highway bill. It's not expected to pass in the lock-step democrat dominated senate but it would give employers the option of not funding certain parts of Obamacare that are contrary to their religious beliefs. Would you force American mosques to offer bacon to muslem kids for breakfast? Horrors no, but lefties think nothing of forcing the Catholic church to pass out condoms.

Well, someone is not a totally ignorant fool. Yes, the point is and remains what did the Blunt Amendment have to do with a Highway Funding Bill?

So we have to go two full pages before you finally get to what point you were trying to make.

You mean to say this is not about birth control and the first amendment, but about the legislative process which allows an unrelated amendment to be tacked onto a bill?

How the FUCK were we supposed to know that was your point?

Sorry, got distracted.

Yes or No?

idiot

I do know what the Blunt Amendment is. But, if you're gonna start a thread about it, it would appear to be sensible to put a fucking link in or quote it... at least in part. Seems to me you're just a tad butthurt because your dumb thread is a clusterfuck.... because you didn't provide the context to your question. Don't blame others for your incompetence.

1. Umm yes that is part of the problem. Riders.

2. I dont think Condoms are covered.

3. Churches, Mosques and Synagogues are exempt.

Yes or No?

There's a lot wrong with Congress today, poorly worded legislative language is just one instance. But making the definition of essential health benefits in health plans contingent upon the "moral convictions of the sponsor, issuer, or other entity offering the plan" is a disaster in the making.

Essential health benefits?? Really?? This whole farce has been manufactured out of whole cloth by the Dems as an 'issue' to rally the base around. No Republican is wanting to take away your precious birth control. There have been no laws offered, no 'outcry' to make it illegal, it's a COMPLETE fabrication.

It was started by George Stefanopoulos at the January 7th Republican debate, the question came DIRECTLY out of left field, and it was PLANNED by the White House and Media Matters.

There is NO OTHER CONCLUSION.

I believe it does not matter what the congress and president say, States can use nullification to do away with bad/unconstitutional federal law to protect their citizens from it. If a states deems a federal law unconstitutional of bad for it's citizens, they do not have to enforce that law under nullification. The only thing about it is do they have the balls to do it?

Um. Hello?

Why don't you explain what the Blunt Amendment is? Maybe provide some links for more information so people will know WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Hello, this is a political message board, one must presume the reader has some idea of what's happening in the Congress.

One presumes wrongly. Obviously

Would you like me to list some legislation you have probably not heard about?
Nope

The issue has been all over the news (well, when I turned on Fox News they were focused on the death of Andrew Breitbart).

I believe it does not matter what the congress and president say, States can use nullification to do away with bad/unconstitutional federal law to protect their citizens from it. If a states deems a federal law unconstitutional of bad for it's citizens, they do not have to enforce that law under nullification. The only thing about it is do they have the balls to do it?

Which century are you posting from?

Here is an idea. Insurance is something to protect you from an injury, illness or other life altering event as it pertains to your medical health.

If a woman has the benefit of receiving birth control, at no cost, then I as an insurer and/or employer are in fact truly providing a benefit to my employee, my company, the insurance company as well as to society at large.

How is that?

Because I am able to help insure that my employee is better taken care of and therfore will be a better employee. They will be a better parent, having childen by plan, at the right time and place. Will not be seeking abortion services. Will have treatment for ailments that women have, that birth contril pills treat. etc etc.

Why would I, or you, as employers not want to provide birth control?

Is birth control cheaper than abortion? unwanted pregnancy?

If the rabid right winger really hated abortion as much as they claim, they would be demanding that birth control be practiced by any and all. Just as a way to reduce unwanted pregnancy and abortion.

But no, in the upside down world of what passes for Repub logic, if you require that women have no cost access to birth control you are keeping them from practicing their religion. And men need to make the rules for women. Cause men can't have babies.

How can you argue with that?
:clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back