Blunders and Binders of Women

he was asked a fairly simple question about what his position was on the ledbetter law. he went into a diatribe about how he had binders of women brought to him and then went on to talk about women needing flex time.

i'm sorry... what part of that does someone like you actually think means he supports legislation assuring equal pay for equal work?

:lol: It really was awkward when he answered that question in that manner...

because it really shouldn't have been so difficult for him to say "of course i support equal pay for equal work"

the fact that he couldn't spoke volumes.
Obama is fucking Lilly Ledbetter up the ass in the White House, and you libtards want to whine about binders?

Obama's record on paying women White House aides not stellar - Washington Times

But President Obama's own record on closing the gender pay gap is less than stellar. Using late 2011 figures, the latest available at the time, The Washington Times earlier this year surveyed 121 White House employees who were paid at least $100,000 and found that 47 were women and 74 were men. That is only slightly better than in 2003, the third year of the Bush administration, when 39 of the top 121 employees were women.

When all White House employees are considered, the Obama administration's record dims a bit further. Female employees earn a median salary of $60,000, roughly 18 percent less than men, whose median salary is $71,000.
And statistics don't tell the whole story. Despite progress on closing pay disparities and hiring women for senior roles, the president has incurred persistent criticism that women in his White House for the most part are kept out of the inner circle.

:lol: It really was awkward when he answered that question in that manner...

because it really shouldn't have been so difficult for him to say "of course i support equal pay for equal work"

the fact that he couldn't spoke volumes.
Obama is fucking Lilly Ledbetter up the ass in the White House, and you libtards want to whine about binders?

Obama's record on paying women White House aides not stellar - Washington Times

But President Obama's own record on closing the gender pay gap is less than stellar. Using late 2011 figures, the latest available at the time, The Washington Times earlier this year surveyed 121 White House employees who were paid at least $100,000 and found that 47 were women and 74 were men. That is only slightly better than in 2003, the third year of the Bush administration, when 39 of the top 121 employees were women.

When all White House employees are considered, the Obama administration's record dims a bit further. Female employees earn a median salary of $60,000, roughly 18 percent less than men, whose median salary is $71,000.
And statistics don't tell the whole story. Despite progress on closing pay disparities and hiring women for senior roles, the president has incurred persistent criticism that women in his White House for the most part are kept out of the inner circle.

The Times is not an accepted source, ministry of truth member or nothing. :badgrin:

guess you missed my post or did you purposefully ignore it? Let's see if you do it again.
Romney's former lieutenant governor defends record on women
Kerry Healey explains 'binder' project, says working with Mitt was an 'extraordinary' experience
Romney's former lieutenant governor defends record on women | Fox News Video
Today 08:44 PM

Sorry, but that doesn't change the gross inaccuracies in his debate claims.
you might as well have answered, 'but,but,but". It would have meant the same thing.

guess you missed my post or did you purposefully ignore it? Let's see if you do it again.
Romney's former lieutenant governor defends record on women
Kerry Healey explains 'binder' project, says working with Mitt was an 'extraordinary' experience
Romney's former lieutenant governor defends record on women | Fox News Video
Today 08:44 PM

you might as well have answered, 'but,but,but". It would have meant the same thing.

Romney lied on stage about directing that the "binders full of women" be created. Without asking for them, Willard was given the binders...making his binders story a lie. What you posted has nothing to do with my statements. Much like Reversible Mitten's answer had nothing to do with the question.

he was asked a fairly simple question about what his position was on the ledbetter law. he went into a diatribe about how he had binders of women brought to him and then went on to talk about women needing flex time.

i'm sorry... what part of that does someone like you actually think means he supports legislation assuring equal pay for equal work?

Oh wait thats what this thread is about? :lol:

"Someone like me"?

What's next?

"you people"? :rolleyes:

Does Obama sptt. Equal pay?

But data from the Obama White House’s 2011 annual report show that female staffers there earn a median salary 18 percent lower than that of men.
And nearly four years ago, at the height of the 2008 election season, Scripps Howard syndicated columnist Deroy Murdock wrote that female staffers in Obama’s U.S. Senate office, too, were shortchanged.

“Obama’s average male employee earned $54,397,” Murdock determined from online Senate salary records. But the future president’s “30 female employees … [earned] $45,152, on*average.”

By contrast, 2008 Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain paid his female staffers higher average salaries than his male employees at the time, with women earning an average of*$55,878 and men taking home*$53,936.

More at-
Democrats focus on equal pay issue while Obama White House pays women less - Yahoo! News

Maybe, someone should have asked him, then candy could have followed up with this "fact"......:eusa_whistle:

i'm sorry...an article from the daily caller isn't very compelling to me and shouldn't be to anyone else.

the reality is that the president signed the ledbetter law which was only necessary because the far right judges on the court eviscerated employment laws in the ledbetter case.

and if romney were elected, he'd appoint more judges like that... and if an amendment came to him which would cut the legs off of the ledbetter law, he'd sign it.

and ultimately, that's why he couldn't say that he supports the law.... because all those people telling their employees that they'll lose their jobs if they don't vote against their own interests don't want it.

out of 141 making $100 grand or more a year, only 55 are women.
See for yourself, dear.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/disclosures/annual-records/2011

Who's up for a "Fact check":rolleyes:

The White House’s use of data on the gender wage gap - The Washington Post

Or.....oh oh.....Time magazine, does that pass muster Jillian?

Nearly every professional woman has had the experience of saying something in a meeting, receiving no response, and then listening as a male colleague offers the same thought or suggestion minutes later to great acclaim. The first time it happens, she feels slightly foolish and is a little unsettled. Did I say that out loud or just in my head? Maybe he made the point better than I did. The second time it happens, she gets frustrated. The third time, she gets angry.

Look at the senior women meeting with Obama in this White House photo*at a dinner they called to discuss their invisibility. Look at their faces and body language.*They are pissed off.

And again, the pay disparity too:

I knew the problem wasn’t a lack of women on staff at the White House. A 2009 analysis of White House salary data did find that while women outnumbered men in the lowest salary brackets, there were only 58 women in the 142 highest senior staff positions at the Obama White House. But those 58 were still a huge leap over the 32 highly-paid women in George W. Bush’s White House in 2007. Even so, it didn’t matter how many senior women were on staff if they weren’t in the room with the boss when it mattered. There, a comparison with Bush’s White House is also instructive. Valerie Jarrett is obviously a key member of Obama’s inner circle, but her role is largely a personal one, to protect Obama’s brand. For the most part, she does not fill the same position of political or policy guru that Karen Hughes and Condi Rice respectively did in Bush’s brain trust.

The White House Boys’ Club: President Obama Has a Woman Problem | Swampland | TIME.com

Nearly every professional woman has had the experience of saying something in a meeting, receiving no response, and then listening as a male colleague offers the same thought or suggestion minutes later to great acclaim. The first time it happens, she feels slightly foolish and is a little unsettled. Did I say that out loud or just in my head? Maybe he made the point better than I did. The second time it happens, she gets frustrated. The third time, she gets angry.

Look at the senior women meeting with Obama in this White House photo*at a dinner they called to discuss their invisibility. Look at their faces and body language.*They are pissed off.

I knew the problem wasn’t a lack of women on staff at the White House. A 2009 analysis of White House salary data did find that while women outnumbered men in the lowest salary brackets, there were only 58 women in the 142 highest senior staff positions at the Obama White House. But those 58 were still a huge leap over the 32 highly-paid women in George W. Bush’s White House in 2007. Even so, it didn’t matter how many senior women were on staff if they weren’t in the room with the boss when it mattered. There, a comparison with Bush’s White House is also instructive. Valerie Jarrett is obviously a key member of Obama’s inner circle, but her role is largely a personal one, to protect Obama’s brand. For the most part, she does not fill the same position of political or policy guru that Karen Hughes and Condi Rice respectively did in Bush’s brain trust.

The White House Boys’ Club: President Obama Has a Woman Problem | Swampland | TIME.com

that number dropped to 55 in 2011. So it has gotten even worse.

the left and Obama has NOTHING, so they have to resort their focus on stupid shit..

the New Yorkslimes used to be the paper of record, now they are just a National Enquire of the Democrat party

Another idiot article by the Charlie Blow..I wish he'd do us a favor and blow it out his ass....oh wait, he does

After the first debate the whine was over Big Bird. Now over binders? That does wreak of desperation from the Obama camp. Romney has various places in his record where his opponents might make inroads but this crap is not going to bring over voters to the left from the middle.

that number dropped to 55 in 2011. So it has gotten even worse.

:eusa_hand:sorry , you need stop now, they need to HEAR Romney say- he supports Equal Pay etc. ......Events? Deeds? Meaningless in the land of the Unicorns.
dancing_smiley.gif

Now Obama? ...................hell, he can say anything he likes, evolve into whatever he likes, they eat it up and don't want to hear of no stinkin' female WH staff getting the short $$, or that their 5 top Governors have a record only half as good(?) as Romneys , just keep that head down and graze....
smiley%20sheep.gif
..... reality melts.....

Romney lied on stage about directing that the "binders full of women" be created. Without asking for them, Willard was given the binders...making his binders story a lie. What you posted has nothing to do with my statements. Much like Reversible Mitten's answer had nothing to do with the question.

Horsecrapp.

Mitt Romney’s second-in-command when he was governor of Massachusetts and a coalition of women's groups rallied Wednesday behind the Republican presidential nominee in the face of a rapidly expanding Internet phenomenon poking fun at his "binders full of women."

The supporters said Romney, indeed, asked for and received binders with names of potential female candidates for high-level posts -- backing up his claim in Tuesday night's debate that as governor he had reached out to women's groups because he was dissatisfied with the mostly male applicants for jobs in his administration.
Romney's anecdote, in which he recalled receiving "binders full of women," was part of the Republican's efforts to appeal to undecided female voters, a voting bloc that could swing the election.

President Obama once held a double-digit lead with the group. But a recent Gallup survey shows the president just 6 percentage points ahead of Romney among likely women voters.

Kerry Healey, Romney’s former lieutenant governor, said 10 of the 20 top positions in the administration were filled by women -- more than any other state in the nation.

“Mitt Romney had a commitment to making sure women were properly represented in his administration,” Healey, now a Romney campaign adviser, told Fox News. She also explained the initiative was part of a campaign promise.

Read more: Women, including ex-Cabinet members, rally behind Romney and 'binder' project | Fox News

Your boy isn't so popular these days.

Forum List

Back