Blue Wave! Democrats ‘Generic Ballot’ Advantage Has All But Disappeared

2aguy, post: 20560302
Any vote for a democrat is a vote to end the 2nd Amendment.

You are lying.

The Democratic Party is for common sense regulations of firearms not even close to repealing the 2nd Amendment.

The Party Platform does not promote a repeal of the 2nd Amendment because there is no need and doing so would be insane to even think it could be done.

Ending the 2nd Amendment would require a proposal to be passed by both the House and the Senate with two-thirds majorities.

TWO-THIRDS MAJORITIES in HOUSE & SENATE.

It would then need to be ratified by three-fourths of the 50 states – or 38 of them.

Ratified by THIRTY EIGHT STATES?

I doubt either Massachusetts, California or New York would ratify the proposal they would never see.

It will never happen by voting for Democrats who do not disagree with former Justice Scalia on the right of the government to regulate firearms under the Second Amendment. NEVER!

You do know that Second Amendment rights are not unlimited don’t you?

“Justice Scalia went out of his way to declare longstanding laws that prohibit possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill; that forbid guns in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings; that impose conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms; and that restrict the right to carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose, are still valid and enforceable.

Antonin Scalia on Gun Control

A vote for a Republican is a vote based upon overt amiable fondness for liars.

Last edited:
Doc1, post: 21235982
The coverage sucks

If the coverage sucks - why this?

Obamacare 2017 enrollment hits record, despite Trump's threat to repeal By Tami Luhby December 21, 2016: 5:19 PM ET

I get insurance through my employer and my coverage improved greatly on behalf of our daughter gettingher masters degree without worrying about paying for health insurance for five years

When do you quit the bogus tax asking of a very good and now majority accepted policy?

And lying Republican politicians claim to support no discrimination against applicants with pre-existing health conditions. Obamacare gives even you that.

Last edited:
Doc1, post: 21235982
The coverage sucks

If the coverage sucks - why this?

Obamacare 2017 enrollment hits record, despite Trump's threat to repeal By Tami Luhby December 21, 2016: 5:19 PM ET

I get insurance through my employer and my coverage improved greatly on behalf of our daughter gettingher masters degree without worrying about paying for health insurance for five years

When do you quit the bogus tax asking of a very good and now majority accepted policy?

And lying Republican politicians claim to support no discrimination against applicants with pre-existing health conditions. Obamacare gives even you that.

The subject is the ACA not Employer Group. Individual plans suck, and the ones that don't can't be paid for with Gov Subsidies.

Fact, you folks went ape shit in the run up to the ACA. Everyone was screaming about it not being "affordable" and that we were paying for their care went they went to the ER.

We got the ACA, the premiums sky rocketed making it LESS affordable. This brings us to the Subsidies and Cost Sharing, MOST of the new insureds could ONLY afford it with those Subsidies and Cost Sharing. This bring us to the deductibles and ax out of pockets. So.....we are now paying for their insurance....they have a mishap and they are faced with these high deductibles and a max family out of pocket of 12-13 thousand dollars.

So BEFORE we were paying for their ER care.
NOW we are paying for their "insurance" AND the treatments they receive because they CAN'T afford the high max out of pockets.

It will not stand as it is.

Forum List

Back