Blue states teach math and science better

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
State Education Rankings: The Best And Worst For Math And Science
The Science and Engineering Readiness Index (SERI) measures how high school students are performing in physics and calculus -- based on publicly available data, including Advanced Placement scores, National Assessment of Educational Progress reports, teacher certification requirements by state and physics class enrollment data.

The SERI was developed by Susan Wite from the Statistical Research Center at the American Institute of Physics and physicist Paul Cottle of Florida State University.

Well Above Average 1 Massachusetts 4.82
2 Minnesota 4.06
3 New Jersey 4.04
4 New Hampshire 4.01
5 New York 3.94
Above Average 6 Virginia 3.73
7 Maryland 3.57
8 Connecticut 3.28
9 Indiana 3.28
10 Maine 3.24

And it's all because of the superiority of gubmint schools in these states, right?
Is it? Do you have evidence?

Can't go around giving the credit to the parents and students, when we have a political angle to exploit, can we?
Why not? Is it because Republicans have never mixed politics and education or exploited the state of an education system for gain, and hence it would be wrong for lefties to do the same?

And it's all because of the superiority of gubmint schools in these states, right?

Can't go around giving the credit to the parents and students, when we have a political angle to exploit, can we?
Why not? Is it because Republicans have never mixed politics and education or exploited the state of an education system for gain, and hence it would be wrong for lefties to do the same?

(psssst! I believe you missed the sarcasm in Oddy's post)

(psssst! I believe you missed the sarcasm in Oddy's post)
Pssst! I think you've got your sarcasm missings switched around, fast thinker!

I just wanna make sure I get the rules straight:

1) When something good happens in a Red state, its the right's fault
2) When something bad happens in a blue state, its the left's fault
3) When something good happens in a blue state, it has nothing to do with politics
4) When something bad happens in a red state, it has nothing to do with politics.

Is that about right?

they jsut hate half of the American people so much they cant think straight.

Then they call that hate patriotism

I just wanna make sure I get the rules straight:

1) When something good happens in a Red state, its the right's fault
2) When something bad happens in a blue state, its the left's fault
3) When something good happens in a blue state, it has nothing to do with politics
4) When something bad happens in a red state, it has nothing to do with politics.

Is that about right?
Or you could just have an independent thought enter into your head and check your premises.

I don't see California on the list and don't make me laugh about the poor showing in every category in Wahiington D.C. schools (where does Obama send his kids?). What do we need the US Dept. of Ed. for? Bragging rights for North East schools? You might consider the demographics also. These areas are very White aren't they?

Last edited:
But Red States teach Critical Thinking better because they define what critical thinking is. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdTOY-giMy4]‪The Gravity of Critical Thinking‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

psik

The new hampshire legislature is controlled by Republicans, and has been rated the freest (meaning least government involved state) in the nation.

You should be looking at policy, which actually means something, not party affiliation. That is stupid, to put it bluntly.

A more important fact is that the US lags behind most industrialized countries in math and science. Government schools have failed.

And when a BLUE state turns RED, naturally there will no longer be a correlation between that states color and the teaching level of math and science... right?

Please.

Forum List

Back