Blue states lose population - 2010 census

Are they? From what I've seen the south has been getting steadily more Republican over the last 30 years, not less.

The south entirely went for Bush in 04. North Carolina, Florida, and Virginia all went for Obama in 08...........

2008 was an off year across the board. Florida has always been a swing state, but the GOP has been gaining the edge there. Furthermore, you're only looking at presidential elections, not the large picture.

Fair enough, I think most people know what presidential elections are different than state/local elections. However with regards to Florida (obviously state's politics I'm most familiar with), I agree it is a swing state-it's not fair to say it's GOP or DEM.

I would argue though that the GOP is losing ground here. The governor elections have all gone for GOP lately, but with each election it gets closer and closer. Scott won by a hair against Sink. 1/2 of our US Senators is D (Nelson). And quite frankly Marco Rubio won because he's not a regular GOP candidate. He won for two reasons:

1. Meek stayed in the race.
2. He got a larger percentage of the hispanic vote than most GOP candidates do down here.

Forum List

Back