Blue state california ranking in K12 achievement

It's funny you should mention California's education system.

California dropped from the top of the list to the bottom as soon as they passed Prop. 13 in 1978, which lowered property taxes to a fraction of what they were, and effectively made it impossible to raise them.

California schools were destroyed by Prop. 13, not by it's "blue"-ness.

California dropped from the top of the list to the bottom as soon as they passed Prop. 13 in 1978, which lowered property taxes to a fraction of what they were, and effectively made it impossible to raise them.

I am sorry, thats just to easy, I cannot agree. .......I think you are missing another angle here , a few in fact; immigration, priorities.

and overall, I think we have put to bed the k-12 money= good education mantra....

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I am sorry, thats just to easy, I cannot agree. .......I think you are missing another angle here , a few in fact; immigration, priorities.

and overall, I think we have put to bed the k-12 money= good education mantra....

More money doesn't equal better education - that's true.

But LESS money does mean a worse education.

I'm not saying Prop. 13 is the ONLY reason that California is falling apart - but it's certainly a big part.

I'm not saying Prop. 13 is the ONLY reason that California is falling apart - but it's certainly a big part.

Prove it.

Then explain to me why kullyfornia teaches classes in fifteen different languages? Does that help?

Prove it.

Then explain to me why kullyfornia teaches classes in fifteen different languages? Does that help?

They don't.

Thanks for the teachers' union false talking point. :rolleyes: Proposition 13 saved THE WHOLE STATE from being destroyed. People were paying HUGE property taxes - eg $10,000 on run of the mill homes. It became clear that there was LITERALLY no limit to the greed of democrat state legislators. Old people on fixed incomes were being forced out of homes they'd lived in for many years because they didn't have enough money to feed the voracious liberal greed machine. Finally, people of all political persuasions said enough. In spite of this, even with a 12%+ unemployment rate and the state teetering near bankruptcy, government employees here are lavishly compensated, with teachers averaging $62K for nine months plus defined benefit pensions, unheard of for non-government workers. The schools budget crisis actually results from the warm welcome to MILLIONS of illegal alien invaders here by a succession of lib and RINO governors.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back