Blue Lies Matter: How cops are incentivized to lie — and why they get away with it.

A police officer, sworn to uphold the law and with the right to arrest people and ruin their lives, yes I do.

And I promise I'm not the only one.

A police officer, sworn to uphold the law and with the right to arrest people and ruin their lives, yes I do.

And I promise I'm not the only one.

I'm well aware that you are not the only one. That doesn't matter. Having a bunch of people support something that is stupid or wrong, doesn't mean it's magically valid or right. Putin has popular support for slaughtering Ukrainians. Doesn't make it right or valid.

Arresting someone doesn't ruin their entire life. Committing a felony can mess it up, provided you are actually convicted.

Moreover, criminals can mess up people's lives just as much, if not more so. I know a woman right now that lost everything, because she was raped repeatedly, and could no longer be intimate with her husband, and the marriage fell apart. So one guy, not only ruined the life of the woman, but also the husband, and of course the family problems that followed that. Literally devastated multiple people.

So if you claim that stealing a hundred dollars is grounds for life in prison, then the same should be true of everyone. Because that same criminal can ruin people's lives too. If your daughter goes to the store and shop lifts some bubble gum, I want her in prison for the rest of her life.

Sorry, I don't buy this hypocritical system of yours, where police are punished according to entirely different standards of law, than the rest of society. And the fact is, I don't care how many people support your position, that will never happen. Just write it down, on Feb 17, 2017, you were informed your Law of Hypocrisy system, will never happen. I promise you it will NEVER happen.

The moment you even attempt such a system, you'll have a strike of nation wide proportions. You'll end up with Chicago everywhere.

So, you can b!tch and moan all you want. You people always want to have higher penalties for everyone but yourselves. But your immoral evil, will never happen. Never. Today you have been informed.

Um, obviously you've never been arrested or know anyone arrested for a serious crime they didn't commit.

When you are arrested, it immediately goes on your record. A crooked cop could have you arrested for murder, and when you go to bed tonight, a background check on you will show a pending first degree murder charge. Even though you've been convicted of nothing. You immediately lose your right to possess a firearm because if you do manage to get out on bond, a condition will be no firearms.

This prevents someone from getting a job, keeping their house, cars, etc.

Only a mildly moronic individual doesn't think that a crooked cop can ruin someones life.

So yes, due to the expectation that cops are examples for society to follow as far as behavior, when one goes crooked, the punishments should be more severe.

Just like calling it a "hate crime" makes the punishment more severe. The actual crime is no more severe when it's labeled a hate crime, it's labeled that because of WHY it was committed. Same thing with the cop. Cops are trusted by society. To become a crooked cop undermines that trust. That should be punished severely.

Last edited:
Um, obviously you've never been arrested or know anyone arrested for a serious crime they didn't commit.

When you are arrested, it immediately goes on your record. A crooked cop could have you arrested for murder, and when you go to bed tonight, a background check on you will show a pending first degree murder charge. Even though you've been convicted of nothing. You immediately lose your right to possess a firearm because if you do manage to get out on bond, a condition will be no firearms.

This prevents someone from getting a job, keeping their house, cars, etc.

Only a mildly moronic individual doesn't think that a crooked cop can ruin someones life.

So yes, due to the expectation that cops are examples for society to follow as far as behavior, when one goes crooked, the punishments should be more severe.

Just like calling it a "hate crime" makes the punishment more severe. The actual crime is no more severe when it's labeled a hate crime, it's labeled that because of WHY it was committed. Same thing with the cop. Cops are trusted by society. To become a crooked cop undermines that trust. That should be punished severely.

Actually I do know several people arrested for serious crimes. Some they apparently did commit, and others, not. I'm always amazed how some people make endless assumptions about people they are talking to, the moment those people don't support everything they are saying.

What does the cop have to do with any of that stuff? If you are pending a first degree murder charge, does the cop have anything to do with the affects of that on your life? No.

If you have a problem with that, then we should change the laws. Not say that picking up a dime on the street is felony and deserves a life sentence.

I disagree with "hate crime laws" too. So that logic doesn't work for me. In fact, I would cite that very example as one of the reasons we shouldn't have punishments overly server on cops. The crime... is the crime. That is what you should be punished for, and the punishment should fit the crime. I don't care if you hated me, when you shot me in the leg or not. You need to be punished for shooting me in the leg. Not for whatever dreamed up reason we make up as why you did it.

Similarly, if a cop steals $10, we should have a punishment that fits the crime of stealing $10. Not send him to prison for life, over $10. You sound like a Stalin show trial.

Fine him for stealing $100. Then hang him for being a bent cop.

And then you won't have any cops at all, and anarchy will destroy the country.

Or, we can fine you $100 for stealing, and then hang your butt for being a bent citizen.

Equality man. Equal under the law, doesn't mean non-cops get off easy. If being bent is grounds for hanging, then I'm all for it. We'll kill your butt, and not have thieves. Which ironically will mean we won't need very many cops.

That's win-win in my book. I'm all for it.

Not interested enough to read the thread. Pay the parking ticket and move on. The ticket didn't really change my mind on your honesty or likability. Already figured you were a lair and jerk.

Fine him for stealing $100. Then hang him for being a bent cop.

And then you won't have any cops at all, and anarchy will destroy the country.

Wait, you said if we hang the bent cops we won't have any cops at all.

You do realize you just said all cops are bent, right?

So, you are a cop. You see a buddy of yours get put to death for supposedly lying.

Are you going to be a cop anymore?

Again, I keep pointing to Chicago, because the case is so clear cut there.

A police officer was simply fired from his job. And the police have pulled back, stopped making patrols, stopped making stops, basically disappeared from areas of the city, and the result is a massive crime wave and anarchy.

At the same time, unsurprisingly recruitment into the police departments has dropped dramatically. As the older officers retire, there is no one to replace them. The size of the CPD is falling, even while crime is increasing.

That's what I mean by, you won't have cops anymore. Not that you'll kill them all off.... but simply, people are not going to be police officers in a situation where you can be fired for doing your job... let alone killed for doing your job.

And don't tell me that people don't lie while they accuse police of lying. I've seen it hundreds of times where they make up things the police officer didn't do, and didn't say. That's far more common than the officer themselves lying.

Forum List

Back