Blue Bloods

^^^ Amen to that. In my opinion, the show tells about how things should be.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Although I think that it was wrong of the writers to kill Linda. I cried with Danny when he took his ring off on the day before yesterday. The woman who made him do it, I wanted to yell at her saying, "Danny will remove that ring when he is good and ready to, not when someone else tells him to!" By the way, the "gift" that she claims to have, are there really people like her out there in the world who think that they can get into contact with those who are no longer here?

^^^ Amen to that. In my opinion, the show tells about how things should be.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Although I think that it was wrong of the writers to kill Linda. I cried with Danny when he took his ring off on the day before yesterday. The woman who made him do it, I wanted to yell at her saying, "Danny will remove that ring when he is good and ready to, not when someone else tells him to!" By the way, the "gift" that she claims to have, are there really people like her out there in the world who think that they can get into contact with those who are no longer here?
The only thing I dislike about the show is it glorifies the NYPD a bit too much. All politicians and bureaucrats are idiots. Protesters are either poor misguided souls or criminals. Also, the biggest problem the department seems to have is public relations and the chief pays no attention at all to his public relations guy.

^^^ Like I said in my previous message, the show tells about how things should be, not how things sadly are in the real world.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ Like I said in my previous message, the show tells about how things should be, not how things sadly are in the real world.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The cast is almost entirely white with almost no diversity which also describes it's audience. As I said, totally unrealistic but yes, it's certainly how some American believe the way things should be.

^^^ There have been plenty of non white characters. Danny's partner in the first episode I believe was a black man. His second partner was a half white half black lady and then of course along came Jackie. Detective Baez is Spanish and the lady that Eddie was recently partnered with was a black woman. The chief that was killed at the end of season five was a black man. His boy is also a cop. The cop who protected his daughter instead of a shop keeper in season seven is also black and so is the cop who was no stranger to pot in season I believe it was. Let us not forget about the man who played mayor Poole and the man who plays reverend Potter. I am guessing that he will no longer be shown since he is now on a new show named The Code?

God bless you and the non white cast members always!!!

Holly

P.S. How could I forget about the detective that dies in season two? At the beginning of the episode he dies in Danny arms and just a few days later, the man's new born baby was going to be christened. I wanted to put my arms around Danny so bad, I had never seen him cry so hard. :( :( :(

Last edited:
^^^ There have been plenty of non white characters. Danny's partner in the first episode I believe was a black man. His second partner was a half white half black lady and then of course along came Jackie. Detective Baez is Spanish and the lady that Eddie was recently partnered with was a black woman. The chief that was killed at the end of season five was a black man. His boy is also a cop. The cop who protected his daughter instead of a shop keeper in season seven is also black and so is the cop who was no stranger to pot in season I believe it was. Let us not forget about the man who played mayor Poole and the man who plays reverend Potter. I am guessing that he will no longer be shown since he is now on a new show named The Code?

God bless you and the non white cast members always!!!

Holly

P.S. How could I forget about the detective that dies in season two? At the beginning of the episode he dies in Danny arms and just a few days later, the man's new born baby was going to be christened. I wanted to put my arms around Danny so bad, I had never seen him cry so hard. :( :( :(
I was looking at the regular cast of about 18 all white members. There are a half dozen blacks among the 20+ supporting actors that appear from time to time. It's not the kind of program that is likely to appeal to most blacks so that it's reasonable that the producers would not include any blacks as part of the regular cast.

Blue Bloods is a well written decently acted police drama with a Blue Lives Matter agenda. It's a show about nepotism, police corruption, and racism. They even go so far as to stereotype the Irish. To watch this inner circle examine their own acceptance of abusing the rights of the accused (as well as other peripheral characters) is interesting. Of course the nobility of their actions are always justified and the message is that it makes for a safer society.

Blue Bloods (TV Series 2010– ) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDbq=blue+bloods+cast&rlz=1C1ASUC_enUS602US602&oq=blue+bloods+cast&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i61j69i59j0l3.12363j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:
I was looking at the regular cast of about 18 all white members. There are a half dozen blacks among the 20+ supporting actors that appear from time to time. It's not the kind of program that is likely to appeal to most blacks so that it's reasonable that the producers would not include any blacks as part of the regular cast.

Blue Bloods is a well written decently acted police drama with a Blue Lives Matter agenda. It's a show about nepotism, police corruption, and racism. They even go so far as to stereotype the Irish. To watch this inner circle examine their own acceptance of abusing the rights of the accused (as well as other peripheral characters) is interesting. Of course the nobility of their actions are always justified and the message is that it makes for a safer society.

Blue Bloods (TV Series 2010– ) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDbq=blue+bloods+cast&rlz=1C1ASUC_enUS602US602&oq=blue+bloods+cast&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i61j69i59j0l3.12363j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

That analysis is very logical and seems to make sense. It is, however, incorrect. The reason Hollywood has a propensity for whites over blacks isn't because they are pandering to American audiences (or are racists as some allege). They are pandering to overseas audiences. It seems counterintuitive in some ways, but over seas earnings are a big part of the mix and overseas audiences prefer white dominated productions.

That analysis is very logical and seems to make sense. It is, however, incorrect. The reason Hollywood has a propensity for whites over blacks isn't because they are pandering to American audiences (or are racists as some allege). They are pandering to overseas audiences. It seems counterintuitive in some ways, but over seas earnings are a big part of the mix and overseas audiences prefer white dominated productions.
I have to agree with you that Hollywood is making more money from overseas audience and thus will cater to their interest. However, it is hard to imagine that most foreign audiences are going to be interested in Blue Bloods

My favorite thing about last night's show was Jamie letting Eddie know that he was open to the idea of adoption when he saw how hung up she was getting on the baby that she saved.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The direction that Sean drove the family dinner conversation into was another good moment.

My favorite thing about last night's show was Jamie letting Eddie know that he was open to the idea of adoption when he saw how hung up she was getting on the baby that she saved.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The direction that Sean drove the family dinner conversation into was another good moment.
I liked the last scenes where Erin confronts her father on the crime bill and where she tells the governor she want be doing any more deals with him.

Interesting that the Lovebirds have gone this far in their relationship, and STILL have not had a serious conversation about whether they want kids, and when.

Totally realistic.

No, I'm not being sarcastic.

^^^ I saw the lady who plays Erin on TV a few days ago and she says that the wedding will happen before the end of the current season.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

According to what I read here, Eddie's dad is going to be shown on this Friday's episode. It would be great if he was able to be at the wedding.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ Eddie and her dad won't be making up before the big day? I think the legal clearance to be at the wedding was given to him. I heard Jamie say that Mr. J. can have as many as twelve hours on the "outside".

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Tonight's season ten opener was good, but I was a little disappointed when Maggie did not have anything new from Linda to let Danny know of like how she feels about the wedding ring being removed from his hand for example.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back