Blu Cigs.... Not too bad of a deal.

Feb 28, 2009
Being a smoker, and a roll-your-own guy, the SCHIP tax increase on loose tobacco (what the poor people buy) which was a whopping 1200% increase, made me look for alternatives.

I'd heard of electronic cigarettes, in fact Steve, a friend of mine who is trlrtrash13 here and has The Axis of Stevil Show sometime back started using the NJoy brand of ENDS. (Our acronym for Electronic Nicotine Delivery System. Cute, huh?)

Anyhow it's been a success for him. The advantages are, you can "smoke" them anywhere, anytime, there's no tar, CO, or any poisons in it like you get with storebought cigs, and it's far cheaper than storebought or RYO.

I got to researching it, and found these "Blu" brand, and ordered up their starter kit for 60 bucks.

0805091709.jpeg

It took them a little over a month to deliver the product, and I've had it for about a month, with mixed reviews. The packaging and design of their product is great, and innovative. They give you a plastic "pack" which has a battery in it, and you screw your cig battery into it for charging on the go. Both batteries recharge from your USB port! Or, with a wall plug-in charger which is also provided.

Onto your cig battery you screw your atomizer, and onto that you twist on the flavor cartridge. When you inhale, the atomizer heats the solution in the cartridge, and you inhale water vapor, the flavoring, and a dose of nicotine.

It's exactly like smoking! Without any of the objectionable elements. No ashes, butts, smoke, or chemicals!

However, there have been problems. One of the cig batteries is no longer holding a charge, and one of the 2 atomizers provided has quit working. I am working with them now to get these replaced.

BUT..... No longer am I a smoker and am saving a bunch of bucks!!

By the way, the flavor cartridges which you keep buying are 20 bucks for 20 which is equivalent to a carton of cigarettes!

It's a semi-good deal, but their slow delivery times and product issues make me give them only 3 stars right now.

(I know I am gonna hear from you smoke nazis out there. Please, help save the planet and spare us your polluting blowhole on this issue. This thread is a public service for the smokers on USMB.)

By the way, I avoided linking to any of the products mentioned. I'm not promoting anything, just reviewing for the folks.

That is all.

You're still smoking, since it delivers nicotine into your system.

Sounds like too much to go through for me.. Should just quit. I quit in January after 29 years of smoking. There's only 2 bodies buried under the house.. Not bad odds..

• Banned
You're still smoking, since it delivers nicotine into your system.

Sounds like too much to go through for me.. Should just quit. I quit in January after 29 years of smoking. There's only 2 bodies buried under the house.. Not bad odds..
"Smoking" what amounts to water vapor, generated by heating the main ingredient of all inhalers you might use for medical purposes.

Are people on "the patch" still smoking? No, they are getting nicotine via a different method. Same thing here.

It's not the nicotine that's "harmful" it's the tar, chemicals, CO and other products of combustion from smoking.

MY main focus here is on the cost. AND not feeding this government so much of my money via punitive, social engineering taxation.

Hi,

I wanted to buy blucigs products but I leave in Europe. I found the exact same product but not branded with free shipping to Europe and United States.

The cool thing is that they also sell with orange glow as well as blu. Have a look to buy the same kit as blucigs one at: e-cigs.me

Last edited:
I smoke because I enjoy it, although just 5-7 cigs a day. I have rolled my own for several years, over 30. My lungs are clear and I can walk all day without getting winded.
That said, smoking should be a personal choice. I would not advise anyone to smoke.

There is a small company in NC that grows, processes and sells tobacco. They use no chemicals, just tovbacco and water, as well as molasses in some of their tobacco.
When the 24/lb tax went into effect they stopped selling rolling papers and rolling tobacco. They now only sell pipe tobacco. (google "daughters and ryan tobacco")

I have been using their "three sails flavor for several years, it used to be rolling tobacco, now it is pipe tobacco. Same flavor, same cut, the pipe tobacco version is a little more moist is all.

No 24/lb tax on pipe tobacco. D&R pipe tobacco is still about 25 bucks for a 14 oz bag.......

just sayin'

Being a smoker, and a roll-your-own guy, the SCHIP tax increase on loose tobacco (what the poor people buy) which was a whopping 1200% increase, made me look for alternatives.

I'd heard of electronic cigarettes, in fact Steve, a friend of mine who is trlrtrash13 here and has The Axis of Stevil Show sometime back started using the NJoy brand of ENDS. (Our acronym for Electronic Nicotine Delivery System. Cute, huh?)

Anyhow it's been a success for him. The advantages are, you can "smoke" them anywhere, anytime, there's no tar, CO, or any poisons in it like you get with storebought cigs, and it's far cheaper than storebought or RYO.

I got to researching it, and found these "Blu" brand, and ordered up their starter kit for 60 bucks.

0805091709.jpeg

It took them a little over a month to deliver the product, and I've had it for about a month, with mixed reviews. The packaging and design of their product is great, and innovative. They give you a plastic "pack" which has a battery in it, and you screw your cig battery into it for charging on the go. Both batteries recharge from your USB port! Or, with a wall plug-in charger which is also provided.

Onto your cig battery you screw your atomizer, and onto that you twist on the flavor cartridge. When you inhale, the atomizer heats the solution in the cartridge, and you inhale water vapor, the flavoring, and a dose of nicotine.

It's exactly like smoking! Without any of the objectionable elements. No ashes, butts, smoke, or chemicals!

However, there have been problems. One of the cig batteries is no longer holding a charge, and one of the 2 atomizers provided has quit working. I am working with them now to get these replaced.

By the way, the flavor cartridges which you keep buying are 20 bucks for 20 which is equivalent to a carton of cigarettes!

It's a semi-good deal, but their slow delivery times and product issues make me give them only 3 stars right now.

(I know I am gonna hear from you smoke nazis out there. Please, help save the planet and spare us your polluting blowhole on this issue. This thread is a public service for the smokers on USMB.)

By the way, I avoided linking to any of the products mentioned. I'm not promoting anything, just reviewing for the folks.

That is all.

Interesting and informative review.

Thanks!

And congrats on quitting, too.

Just remember, no matter how long it's been since your last cigarette?

You're still a junkie.

I quit for over five years and one cigarette was all it took to take me down the path to full blown re-addiction.

Insidious stuff nicotine.

0805091709.jpeg

That is all.

Interesting and informative review.

Thanks!

And congrats on quitting, too.

Just remember, no matter how long it's been since your last cigarette?

You're still a junkie.

I quit for over five years and one cigarette was all it took to take me down the path to full blown re-addiction.

Insidious stuff nicotine.

Ain't it a bitch? I've been quit two years now and I know damn well what will happen if I decide to have "just one."

A close friend of mine has ordered these electronic cigarettes...I hope they work for him, and smell better than those damn Marlboro reds.

I'm an old dog and not to easily turned on by new tricks. I think I'll stick with my Marlboro Cowboy killers and see how this plays out for you. I know it sounds crazy to hear because I smoke but I'm not to crazy about inhaling water vapor. Over the long run that might not be real good for you - not saying that cigarette smoke is, but still I'm leary. Please report back in a month with your longer-term assessment.

I'm an old dog and not to easily turned on by new tricks. I think I'll stick with my Marlboro Cowboy killers and see how this plays out for you. I know it sounds crazy to hear because I smoke but I'm not to crazy about inhaling water vapor. Over the long run that might not be real good for you - not saying that cigarette smoke is, but still I'm leary. Please report back in a month with your longer-term assessment.
You inhale water vapor every time it rains...it keeps your nose moist and healthy. Ever notice the "percent humidity" on the local weather report?

In contrast, when you smoke tobacco, you are inhaling plant toxins that originally evolved to kill rival plants.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back