BLS Economists Obama Supporters

This is from an interview today with the head of BLS:

BLS Explains Why 'Cooked' Jobs Report Charge is 'Preposterous' - CNBC

So, there's 2 people that contributed to the Obama campaign... OUT OF 15.

Wow, that's a revelation alright.

Fact is, it would take a massive bi-partisan conspiracy to doctor the data without anyone leaking the fact that it was doctored.

And, this would be your position if the shoe were on the other foot?

It would be. Because none of the people who compile this data over at BLS are Obama appointees, or appointees by anyone else, mind you.

You would have to keep every one of the 15 economists involved silent on the conspiracy, plus all the people that work for them.

in order for a conspiracy to work, you either have to have a lot of very loyal people in on it, or a very small number of people with motivation not to say anything.

Neither of those situations are the case here.

1. "You would have to keep every one of the 15 economists involved silent on the conspiracy,..."
That may or may not be true.

2. "It would be.[the same opinion]"
I have no reason not to believe you.

What I'm getting at is the kind of arguments I've seen when the a tobacco company provides funding for studies that deny the dangers of second hand smoke.

Or oil companies that fund studies that downplay global warming.

I'm going to continue to believe that both the proximity to the election, and the evidence that folks at BLS support Obama in a large financial way are enough to give one pause.
Don't you agree?

Last edited:
1. "Bureau of Labor Statistics Economists contributors to the Democratic Party and Obama....No wonder No One Believes the September Jobs Numbers....

2. At least two economists at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) have contributed to President Barack Obama’s campaign.

3. Harley Frazis of Bethesda, MD, has contributed at least $2,000 to Obama and $9,000 to the Democratic National Convention over the last three election cycles. During his time at BLS, Harley has published a number of papers including his most recent, “How to Think About Time-Use Data: What Inferences Can We Make About Long- and Short-Run Time Use from Time Diaries?

4. Stephen Phillips of Washington, D.C., has contributed at least $270 to Obama during the 2012 cycle. ...Phillips was responsible for examining the impact of Obamacare on Healthcare North American Industry Classification System indices. ..."
Nobama 2012: Bureau of Labor Statistics Economists contributors to the Democratic Party and Obama....No wonder No One Believes the September Jobs Numbers....

Do you have a real credible source for this, sweetie?

Or are you just aching to be mocked?

Cause I'll mock all over your face.

Really scary.

Post #3.

And, this would be your position if the shoe were on the other foot?

It would be. Because none of the people who compile this data over at BLS are Obama appointees, or appointees by anyone else, mind you.

You would have to keep every one of the 15 economists involved silent on the conspiracy, plus all the people that work for them.

in order for a conspiracy to work, you either have to have a lot of very loyal people in on it, or a very small number of people with motivation not to say anything.

1. "You would have to keep every one of the 15 economists involved silent on the conspiracy,..."

What I'm getting at is the kind of arguments I've seen when the a tobacco company provides funding for studies that deny the dangers of second hand smoke.

I'm going to continue to believe that both the proximity to the election, and the evidence that folks at BLS support Obama in a large financial way are enough to give one pause.
Don't you agree?

OWOWOW Large $ way? wtf are you talking about, a LARGE way would be like the "COKE" brothers do, 500 million a year, or what FOX does. not 2,700 bucks

Don't you agree?

OWOWOW Large $ way? wtf are you talking about, a LARGE way would be like the "COKE" brothers do, 500 million a year, or what FOX does. not 2,700 bucks

Wow.

I didn't believe you could possibly come up with a post even less intuitive than your last bloviation.....

...and, yet, here it is!
Bravo!

Now, for edification.....
The investment of the Right in the political process is so infinitesimal, as compared to that of the Left, that it indicates how truly limited your knowledge is.

a. As of 2009, the financial assets of the 115 major tax-exempt foundations of the Left add up to $104.56 billlion. Not only is this total not less than the financial assets of the 75 foundations of the Right, it was more than ten times greater!

b. Bradley, Olin, Scaife, the “Big Three” conservative foundations, not one has assets exceeding $1 billion. (Olin has been defunct since 2005

c. George Soros has claimed that he has donated over $7 billion to his Open Society organizations. Check his website.

if you really need to me to explain why and HOW citizens united was passed, then you clearly do not belong on this site.

if you really need to me to explain why and HOW citizens united was passed, then you clearly do not belong on this site.

You need not provide further proof....

....you are no more than a second-rate Liberal sycophant....

And, as is true of most Liberals, feeling passes for knowing....as I showed in my previous post.
Forrest Gump would have to speak loud and slow to you.

Don't you agree?

I agree that the Obama administration WOULD have done this, as I would believe of any other administration in a tight race like this. I certainly don't think these guys are above fudging the data.

I just don't believe they'd have the ability to do it, given the circumstances.

Don't you agree?

I agree that the Obama administration WOULD have done this, as I would believe of any other administration in a tight race like this. I certainly don't think these guys are above fudging the data.

I just don't believe they'd have the ability to do it, given the circumstances.

Fair enough.

They had the ability to cover up the fact that Libya was a terrorist attack.....

Fair enough.
They had the ability to cover up the fact that Libya was a terrorist attack.....

They did. I'm not really sure what difference that makes to the campaign, to provide the motivation, though.

Has Mr Obama stated that terrorism no longer exists?

4 people were killed in Libya. Sure, it was a tragedy, but really not a situation where a desperate cover-up would be necessary.

Fair enough.

They did. I'm not really sure what difference that makes to the campaign, to provide the motivation, though.

Has Mr Obama stated that terrorism no longer exists?

4 people were killed in Libya. Sure, it was a tragedy, but really not a situation where a desperate cover-up would be necessary.

Cover up, always worse than the crime.....

....you'd think they'd have known.

He was trying to avoid having to admit failure of his foreign policy...

and making the "Osama's dead" theme sound empty.

Cover up, always worse than the crime.....

....you'd think they'd have known.

He was trying to avoid having to admit failure of his foreign policy...

and making the "Osama's dead" theme sound empty.

I will not say it is impossible that this is the case.

But in my mind it is highly improbable.

I'm just not seeing enough motivation.

1. "Bureau of Labor Statistics Economists contributors to the Democratic Party and Obama....No wonder No One Believes the September Jobs Numbers....

2. At least two economists at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) have contributed to President Barack Obama’s campaign.

3. Harley Frazis of Bethesda, MD, has contributed at least $2,000 to Obama and $9,000 to the Democratic National Convention over the last three election cycles. During his time at BLS, Harley has published a number of papers including his most recent, “How to Think About Time-Use Data: What Inferences Can We Make About Long- and Short-Run Time Use from Time Diaries?

4. Stephen Phillips of Washington, D.C., has contributed at least $270 to Obama during the 2012 cycle. ...Phillips was responsible for examining the impact of Obamacare on Healthcare North American Industry Classification System indices. ..."
Nobama 2012: Bureau of Labor Statistics Economists contributors to the Democratic Party and Obama....No wonder No One Believes the September Jobs Numbers....

lol

I think it's the illuminate! I wish there was audio so I could say it in a spooky voice.

So?

Forum List

Back