Bloombergs says no slow down for US

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
No Repeating Slowdown Seen by U.S. With Banks to Housing - Bloomberg

The smallest gain in U.S. payrolls in six months need not presage the kind of slowdown that bedeviled the world’s largest economy for the past two years.

Rising auto sales, improving bank credit and stabilization of housing are among the signs the economy is more resilient now than it was around the same time in 2010 and 2011, according to Marisa Di Natale, an economist at Moody’s Analytics in West Chester, Pennsylvania.

“From where we sit right now, we think the economy looks fundamentally stronger,” Di Natale said. “Surveys of business and consumer confidence are better, the labor market data looks a lot better than it did last year, even some of the housing data looks better.”

Stocks and bond yields fell on May 4 after a report showing payrolls climbed 115,000 in April, less than the 160,000 median forecast in a Bloomberg News survey of 85 economists. The slowdown followed data showing the pace of economic expansion cooled in the first quarter, prompting concerns that another pickup in growth may again be sputtering.

Last edited:
  • Banned
You are not the economy are you?

Now are you jealous that other people are doing better?

• Banned
I know it pains you to see Americans doing better at the cost of your partys bullshit lies

I know it pains you to see Americans doing better at the cost of your partys bullshit lies

what cracks me up is you taking a Republicans word on things..funny that when it FITS what you want to hear..
I wouldn't exactly call Bloomberg a "Republican" in the strictest sense but I see what you mean.

Business people like him would have been ripped to shreds if McCain were the President.

• Banned
see how they try to trash any good news on the economy

So what's the good news? The economy has to expand at a 6-8% clip just to pay for ObamaCare. It's currently at 2.2%.

Through "Free Trade" agreements we've shipped 80% of our manufacturing base overseas and now it looks like we're paying GM to move over seas too.

Tell us TM, what sector of the US economy is gonna' drive growth at a 6-8% clip? The Fast Food Industry?

So what's the good news? The economy has to expand at a 6-8% clip just to pay for ObamaCare. It's currently at 2.2%.

Through "Free Trade" agreements we've shipped 80% of our manufacturing base overseas and now it looks like we're paying GM to move over seas too.

Tell us TM, what sector of the US economy is gonna' drive growth at a 6-8% clip? The Fast Food Industry?

We aren't going to see 6-8% growth again in our life times. I guess everything seems like an improvement (2.2%) compared to 08', but the horizon sure is filled with some thunderclouds (debt crisis). At this point people are saying that the labor numbers are improving because people have stopped looking for jobs. What a joke...

Things may be getting better, but things were SO BAD that they'll need to keep getting better, and at a much faster pace, before anybody SANE is going to say we've really recovered.

Frankly, I do not believe our national "recovery" is ever going to take most Americans back to the level of affluence we once had.

Oh some of us will, no doubt, do much MUCH better, but the majority of Americans are facing a decline in their quality of life that is still going down.

Forum List

Back