Bloomberg’s nannyism: It’s come to this

Excellent point. Women can receive abortions for "no medical reason" but not a bottle of FDA approved Similac?

People can get elective surgery "for no medical reason", but not any baby milk?

I hated nursing. I did it for several weeks because I was pressured by the Le Leche people at the hospital, but if I were ever to do it again, I'd pass. It's a personal decision; not the mayor's.

who forced you to breast feed....and why wouldnt you do what was best for your infant?

several weeks is nothing....its recommended you breast feed for a least a year

Most drugs have side effects. Imagine if Nanny Bloomberg decided that pain meds. were unnecessary except in the most extreme circumstances?

Can you imagine if it were illegal for doctors to dispense opiates without a medical reason? What a horrible world that would be!
I've heard that Vicoden is far more dangerous than baby formula. (sorry no link) :cuckoo:

I expect unintended consequences from this. :frown:

Of course Bloomberg would prefer this:

malnourished_child.jpg

to this:

baby_1442825c.jpg

That actually looks like a bottle from a Medela breast pump. Massive failure on your part.

Last edited:
Most drugs have side effects. Imagine if Nanny Bloomberg decided that pain meds. were unnecessary except in the most extreme circumstances?

I've heard that Vicoden is far more dangerous than baby formula. (sorry no link) :cuckoo:

malnourished_child.jpg

to this:

baby_1442825c.jpg

why do you equate breast feeding with starving babies?

o let me guess you didnt breastfeed and have no concept of what you are endorsing or not endorsing....but you fully support the formula companies

There is a role each play.

But stupid people need the government to manage their lives............

malnourished_child.jpg

to this:

baby_1442825c.jpg

o let me guess you didnt breastfeed and have no concept of what you are endorsing or not endorsing....but you fully support the formula companies

? Stupid people live at hospitals?

Apparently..................It is NYers that cant manage a simple task as breast feeding without the government.

its okay to force formula but not try to level the playing field?

breast feeding is free and so much better for the infant.....

With all due respect, you are assuming the mother is living a healthy lifestyle. What if the mother is a crack addict or alcoholic?

I prepped for my three. And it was wonderful I could breast feed. But I also knew women who tried and for some reason or another were not able to breast feed and really were emotionally scarred for a long time because they felt like failures.

And trust me I've seen the rabid bitch side of the LLL. They make women feel like failures and demean them.

Not broad brushing here, but there is a certain segment that think that women who bottle feed are scumbuckets and incompetent mothers.

This is a very personal decision. A woman's right to choose comes to mind.

Apparently..................It is NYers that cant manage a simple task as breast feeding without the government.

How does that even make sense? What they are doing is discouraging formula by not inundating the new mother with "freebies" from the formula companies. Nobody is being prevented from buying and using formula if that is their choice, it just won't be forced on them by the hospitals.

There's a sweet irony in this.

The very same people who accuse Republicans of wanting to control a woman's vagina now want to control our breasts.

Unreal. The hypocrisy is just unreal. :lol:

There's a sweet irony in this.

The very same people who accuse Republicans of wanting to control a woman's vagina now want to control our breasts.

Unreal. The hypocrisy is just unreal. :lol:

I actually would oppose this law - if it were in my city.

But seeing as how I don't live in NYC - if this is the law the People of NYC have expressed their desire for through their local government, then I think the should have it.
Unlike conservatives, I actually do believe local government knows what's best for local people.

its okay to force formula but not try to level the playing field?

breast feeding is free and so much better for the infant.....

With all due respect, you are assuming the mother is living a healthy lifestyle. What if the mother is a crack addict or alcoholic?

I prepped for my three. And it was wonderful I could breast feed. But I also knew women who tried and for some reason or another were not able to breast feed and really were emotionally scarred for a long time because they felt like failures.

And trust me I've seen the rabid bitch side of the LLL. They make women feel like failures and demean them.

Not broad brushing here, but there is a certain segment that think that women who bottle feed are scumbuckets and incompetent mothers.

This is a very personal decision. A woman's right to choose comes to mind.

Is anyone taking away the right to feed a baby as you choose? How long are they in the hospital anyway? If they're in there a long time, that'd be medical reason by definition. If a woman has problems with feeding, that would be medical, too. I don't this as anything more than countering the millions poured into companies trying to convince us that formula is better.

How does that even make sense? What they are doing is discouraging formula by not inundating the new mother with "freebies" from the formula companies. Nobody is being prevented from buying and using formula if that is their choice, it just won't be forced on them by the hospitals.

I dont care about the freebees.

Being told what I will or wont do doesnt sit well with me.

But there are those that can not think without the government keeping them safe from themselves.

Most drug abusers don't admit that to their doctor.

How would they know if the woman had a problem with feeding? They kick you out of the hospital in 24 hours now.

I would propose that the advent of formula has SAVED more lives.
\
Many of these babies will be not fed; underfed; or poisoned with drugs and alcohol.

Education is good. Emotional blackmail is not.

I dont care about the freebees.

But there are those that can not think without the government keeping them safe from themselves.

Then it's a good thing that isn't happening here. Try following the issue without a Rush Limbaugh knee jerk reaction.

Nobody is banning formula from being used. They are encouraging breast feeding, not keeping people from other methods of sustenance.

I'm seeing this more and more as the central dilemma our nation faces. We're dealing with a growing block of voters - sadly approaching a majority - who believe the proper job of government is to tell us how to live.

All doctors encourage breast feeding. This is not a new concept.

What they are doing is PUSHING it on women who are in an emotional state and may not know the downside. And there are many...

Forum List

Back