Bloomberg won't disarm his security team

katsung47

VIP Member
Nov 22, 2011
In an explosive exchange outside the U.S. Conference of Mayors meeting in Washington, D.C., security guards for billionaire New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg accosted senior Talk Radio Network investigative reporter Jason Mattera when he asked the mayor about his strong support for gun control.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCC-rEx81PE&feature=player_embedded]Journalist Accosted By Security Over Mayor Bloomberg Gun Control Question - YouTube[/ame]

In the video, Bloomberg is seen surrounded by security. Mattera approaches Bloomberg and asks, “In the spirit of gun control, will you disarm your entire security team?”

Bloomberg’s reply: “Uh, you, we’ll get right back to you.”

“Why can you defend yourself but not the majority of Americans?” Mattera asks as the mayor walks away. “Look at the team of security you’ve got. And you’re an advocate for gun control?”

The video then cuts to Mattera walking further down the street when one of the men guarding Bloomberg, identified as Officer Stockton NYPD, stops Mattera and asks to see his photo ID.

EXCLUSIVE: Journalist Accosted by Security over Mayor Bloomberg Gun Control Question

Standard operating procedure, eliminate guns for the people while you are protected by the most concealable guns in large numbers.
The "ruling class" get the protection of whatever means they feel they need but the "ruled" get only what those in power decide is "safe". Safe for whom?

I'm not a fan of this "ambush reporting", but it certainly doesn't put Bloomberg in a good light. I mean, how hard would it have been for him to say "Yes" even if he didn't mean it?

It occurs to me though, are bloombergs bodyguards allowed to carry guns? I mean, half a dozen linebacker-sized guys are pretty intimidating, but what are the rules about arming bodyguards who aren't federal agents?

Forum List

Back