Bloomberg opinion piece

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
The True Aim of the Gun Sanctuary Movement

"(Bloomberg Opinion) -- At first glance, the Second Amendment sanctuary movement currently burrowing into rural Virginia looks like a ballistic twist on the immigrant sanctuary cities movement. Both movements defy the law, one to protect undocumented immigrants from legally sanctioned deportation, the other to protect unlicensed firearms from legally sanctioned regulation."

This is a good reason NOT to read Bloomberg on a regular basis.

"(Bloomberg Opinion) -- At first glance, the Second Amendment sanctuary movement currently burrowing into rural Virginia looks like a ballistic twist on the immigrant sanctuary cities movement. Both movements defy the law, one to protect undocumented immigrants from legally sanctioned deportation, the other to protect unlicensed firearms from legally sanctioned regulation."

The article lies and spews fake news like all left media. There is no gun registration in the United States and there never has been.

The article lies and spews fake news like all left media. There is no gun registration in the United States and there never has been.
"There is no gun registration in the United States and there never has been."

I hate to break it to you but the ATF has been tracking guns from manufacture to end users for 20 years or more. Currently, a transfer form must be filed with ATF for all firearms sales public and private or you risk 5 years in prison and/or a 25,000/00 fine. There is a database and they have been collecting data for over 20 years.

I hate to break it to you but the ATF has been tracking guns from manufacture to end users for 20 years or more. Currently, a transfer form must be filed with ATF for all firearms sales public and private or you risk 5 years in prison and/or a 25,000/00 fine. There is a database and they have been collecting data for over 20 years.
There is no gun registration on the United States and there never has been, you are a liar.

There is no gun registration on the United States and there never has been, you are a liar.
Firearms Guide - Identification of Firearms Within the Purview of the National Firearms Act | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

You may want to read up...

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title26/pdf/USCODE-2011-title26-subtitleE-chap53.pdf

Pipe dream, or do you have something to back that up?

Firearms Guide - Identification of Firearms Within the Purview of the National Firearms Act | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

"This guide acts as an aid in identifying types of firearms and destructive devices which must be registered with ATF under the national firearms act (title II of the gun control act of 1968)."

hmm, leaves a lot of firearms that don't have to be registered.

Go to your local gun store and try to buy a firearm while you tell them they have no right to take down your information... I dare you!

"This guide acts as an aid in identifying types of firearms and destructive devices which must be registered with ATF under the national firearms act (title II of the gun control act of 1968)."

I added Title 26 to that post. You may want to read it..

That is not true. When I first moved to Las Vegas you had to to register your guns. It was required throughout Clark County. You were issued a blue card for each gun you owned. The state legislature eventually did away with it a few years ago, but there is registration is some places throughout the country.

If you want to say there is no federal registration requirements that's mostly true, but if you want to buy a fully automatic gun, for example, those are registered with the feds.

Go to your local gun store and try to buy a firearm while you tell them they have no right to take down your information... I dare you!

a background check means they are tracking those sales?

are you serious?

I’m in Boston I just bought a gun 15 minutes ago from a kid on the sidewalk

"CHAPTER 53—MACHINE GUNS, DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES, AND CERTAIN OTHER FIREARMS"

again, select firearms, not all

That is not true. When I first moved to Las Vegas you had to to register your guns. It was required throughout Clark County. You were issued a blue card for each gun you owned. The state legislature eventually did away with it a few years ago, but there is registration is some places throughout the country.

If you want to say there is no federal registration requirements that's mostly true, but if you want to buy a fully automatic gun, for example, those are registered with the feds.
Every firearms sale in the US since 2000 is required to be reported to ATF on the appropriate form. It is a requirement of their FFL (Federal Firearms License) that this be done or they can not transfer the weapon. I can call the ATF, give them the serial number of the weapon and they can tell me who the registered owner is and where they live. You can even do it using google but it will not give you the current location of residence.

Like it or not there is a database.

"CHAPTER 53—MACHINE GUNS, DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES, AND CERTAIN OTHER FIREARMS"

again, select firearms, not all
You may want to check a little deeper... One of the qualifications is the speed the projectile leaves the barrel. Anything above 1300fps requires registration in long guns and 950fps in hand guns. While the 'list' may not be exhaustive the nuances will encompass about everything..

Every firearms sale in the US since 2000 is required to be reported to ATF on the appropriate form. It is a requirement of their FFL (Federal Firearms License) that this be done or they can not transfer the weapon. I can call the ATF, give them the serial number of the weapon and they can tell me who the registered owner is and where they live. You can even do it using google but it will not give you the current location of residence.

I can call the ATF, give them the serial number of the weapon and they can tell me who the registered owner is and where they live. You can even do it using google but it will not give you the current location of residence.

So, if I give you the serial number of one of my firearms, you could find out who I am?

I can call the ATF, give them the serial number of the weapon and they can tell me who the registered owner is and where they live. You can even do it using google but it will not give you the current location of residence.

So, if I give you the serial number of one of my firearms, you could find out who I am?
As long as the sale was reported, yes.

Billionaires are taking all the air out of the D party. It's kinda funny how the party that hates the rich so much is now now being led by two billionaires.

Forum List

Back