Bloomberg: I'm considering 2016 bid

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
This may be actually happening. Bloomberg in a self funded, Independent run this year.

Michael Bloomberg says he is considering running for president of the United States, a move that would dramatically shake up an already chaotic 2016 race.

In an interview with Financial Times, the media mogul and former New York City mayor said he was "looking at all the options" when asked about a possible bid.

"I'm listening to what candidates are saying and what the primary voters appear to be doing," Bloomberg said, adding that he would need to add his name on ballots by early March in order to stage a serious campaign.

The billionaire also issued his most damning indictment of the current campaigns to date.

"I find the level of discourse and discussion distressingly banal and an outrage and an insult to the voters," Bloomberg told the Financial Times, adding that the public deserved "a lot better."

Bloomberg: I'm considering 2016 bid - CNNPolitics.com

The New York Times reported last month that he was considering a plan to run as an independent because he was troubled by Donald Trump's success on the Republican side, and Hillary Clinton's inability to stanch Bernie Sanders' growth on the Democratic side.

What do you think about that?

This may be actually happening. Bloomberg in a self funded, Independent run this year.

Michael Bloomberg says he is considering running for president of the United States, a move that would dramatically shake up an already chaotic 2016 race.

In an interview with Financial Times, the media mogul and former New York City mayor said he was "looking at all the options" when asked about a possible bid.

"I'm listening to what candidates are saying and what the primary voters appear to be doing," Bloomberg said, adding that he would need to add his name on ballots by early March in order to stage a serious campaign.

The billionaire also issued his most damning indictment of the current campaigns to date.

"I find the level of discourse and discussion distressingly banal and an outrage and an insult to the voters," Bloomberg told the Financial Times, adding that the public deserved "a lot better."

Bloomberg: I'm considering 2016 bid - CNNPolitics.com

The New York Times reported last month that he was considering a plan to run as an independent because he was troubled by Donald Trump's success on the Republican side, and Hillary Clinton's inability to stanch Bernie Sanders' growth on the Democratic side.

What do you think about that?
Pretty remarkable ego on Bloomberg's end, I think. He's going to change the level of discourse and discussion among the rest of these guys? I don't think so; it is apparently what the people want to hear. Just what we need--another egomaniac billionaire in the race.

Good luck to the lunatic. He will need it.
"Can I get a liter of Cola?"

Great... he can issue EO's to address all his oral fixations, from smoking to salt use.

He's creepy.

This is good, Hillary, Bernie, Donald, Ted, Marco, John, Jeb and Michael. We need all these characters! What fun we will have until November.

If Mikey wins, will we have the return of prohibition, this time on the soda pop industry?

Out of the two billionaires, Bloomberg understands how government works, Trump doesn't get it. He throws talking points into the air and steps back to see who will swallow it.

Bloomberg is much less scary.

Out of the two billionaires, Bloomberg understands how government works, Trump doesn't get it. He throws talking points into the air and steps back to see who will swallow it.

Except for his gun grabbing asshattery.

He won't even get 10% in States that care about 2nd amendment rights.

Bloomberg thinks he knows better than everyone what they should do to their bodies and FORCES them to concede. That isn't American govt..

Sure, Bloomberg is eccentric but like Ross Perot, he can really muck everything in the race up. Our candidates don't need his help and I'm pretty sure the Republicans don't either.

They'll be digging up dirt on him.

Bloomberg thinks he knows better than everyone what they should do to their bodies and FORCES them to concede. That isn't American govt..

He's a full blown Nanny Statist.

Sure, Bloomberg is eccentric but like Ross Perot, he can really muck everything in the race up. Our candidates don't need his help and I'm pretty sure the Republicans don't either.

na. That fool got buried ABOVE ground. Its just right there..

He is a bigger threat to the Democrats than the Republicans. It could divide the Democrats and Independents. He won't take too much away from the GOP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since we know The Democrat Party won't sit still for a Jew and will, if only out of habit, throw Mrs. Rodham-Clinton/Lewinsky under the bus.... And because their nominee with be Biden, Kerry or Algore, then yeah, bring it on Bloomie! But because the RINO element of the (former) Republican party will nominate Bush or maybe Rubio, then it's gonna be one hell of a contest:

Bush vs Biden vs Trump vs Sanders vs Bloomberg.

Which means whoever has control of The House of Representatives will choose your next president - unless The Supreme Court horns in.

Uncle Bloomberg wanted to take all our guns and regulate salt, sugar and even drink sizes. He's a perfect Progressive!

Run, Mike! Run!

He is running and he dislikes Trump and Bernie for president equally. Wait for it before you applaud his effort too much, guys.

Forum List

Back