Bloomberg declares war on poor people

He wants to have the government build projects wherever they want, i.e. in middle class neighborhoods which will crash the housing market.

He also wants to raise the minimum wage to $15 / hour, which will get many poor people fired from their current jobs.

In Bloomberg’s inequality plan, he’s proposing expanding tax credits to build low-income housing, increasing federal spending on public housing and launching a $10 billion competitive program to encourage cities to ease zoning restrictions that govern where and how developers can build. Proposals in the California Legislature to ease restrictive zoning, which critics say contribute to the state’s housing crisis, have failed.

Bloomberg is also calling for raising the minimum wage to $15 by 2025 and expanding a tax credit for low-wage workers.

Bloomberg calls for 'war on poverty' on 1st California trip

You hate the American Worker?

I like Americans with jobs. Which is why I support the wall to eliminate illegal aliens, and I support very limited legal immigration. Continuing to allow hordes of illegals and raising the minimum wage will just get Americans fired and more illegals will take jobs for lower wages. I also support tariffs against communist third world shit holes that use virtual slave labor, as it keeps jobs away from them and in America.

You’re the one that supports illegals, lower wages, wages off the books that are never taxed, and you support China taking our jobs. Which is of course what Bloomberg wants.

He also wants to raise the minimum wage to $15 / hour, which will get many poor people fired from their current jobs.

Dem's don't care one iota if poor people get fired. Dem's are bought and paid for by the public employee unions so they are fine with raping the poor and middle class.

The liberal stupid shit governor of Oregon just signed a gross revenue tax on Oregon businesses. Those with slim profit margins are predicting they will have to eliminate overtime to survive. Sell $1 million you get whacked with a tax on $1 million even though your profit margin on that $1 million may have been $0.00 or even a loss.

What you lost money this year? Screw you pay us. Right out of the Goodfellas mob movie.
Employers get to expense Labor costs. And, reexamining operation costs never hurts in modern economic times. Streamlining operations is usually a good thing. Go ahead and look into automation. We don't need minimum wage jobs; we really can compensate labor for simply being unemployed in our At-Will employment States.

He wants to have the government build projects wherever they want, i.e. in middle class neighborhoods which will crash the housing market.

In Bloomberg’s inequality plan, he’s proposing expanding tax credits to build low-income housing, increasing federal spending on public housing and launching a $10 billion competitive program to encourage cities to ease zoning restrictions that govern where and how developers can build. Proposals in the California Legislature to ease restrictive zoning, which critics say contribute to the state’s housing crisis, have failed.

Bloomberg is also calling for raising the minimum wage to $15 by 2025 and expanding a tax credit for low-wage workers.

Interesting I have not followed Bloomberg much in the news, but I actually like these ideas of his. I think increasing low-income housing and federal spending on public housing is brilliant! My wife and I live out of a run down trailer for $350/month and we were so fortunate to find rent this cheap.

The Governor of Oregon has to increase taxes because of the less expected return from the Feds due to Corporate America and the wealthy paying less taxes. btw, that's occurring in almost all States.

Shut up liar. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar: Now that this ^^^ liar has been dealt with, here's what Oregon liberals are going to spend the new $1 billion dollars in taxes on...half the money will be spent on NOT teaching math and science but 'student mental health' and 'reducing achievement disparities for students of color' in other words hiring more public employees. State GOP senators walked out in protest, they say the tax is destined not for students but for public employee pensions.

Dem's don't care one iota if poor people get fired. Dem's are bought and paid for by the public employee unions so they are fine with raping the poor and middle class.

The liberal stupid shit governor of Oregon just signed a gross revenue tax on Oregon businesses. Those with slim profit margins are predicting they will have to eliminate overtime to survive. Sell $1 million you get whacked with a tax on $1 million even though your profit margin on that $1 million may have been $0.00 or even a loss.

What you lost money this year? Screw you pay us. Right out of the Goodfellas mob movie.
Employers get to expense Labor costs. And, reexamining operation costs never hurts in modern economic times. Streamlining operations is usually a good thing. Go ahead and look into automation. We don't need minimum wage jobs; we really can compensate labor for simply being unemployed in our At-Will employment States.

This is a gross receipts tax fool, that slams small to medium local businesses with a BILLION dollars in new taxes. Large businesses who's sales are mostly out of state get off scott free.

This is a gross receipts tax fool, that slams small to medium local businesses with a BILLION dollars in new taxes. Large businesses who's sales are mostly out of state get off scott free.
What would be better for small to medium businesses?

In some respect, individuals or groups, including business have a choice in their behavior or how they operate, so I don't buy into purely consequential arguments, nor do I have blind faith in the predictions thereof.

I like Americans with jobs. Which is why I support the wall to eliminate illegal aliens, and I support very limited legal immigration. Continuing to allow hordes of illegals and raising the minimum wage will just get Americans fired and more illegals will take jobs for lower wages. I also support tariffs against communist third world shit holes that use virtual slave labor, as it keeps jobs away from them and in America.

You’re the one that supports illegals, lower wages, wages off the books that are never taxed, and you support China taking our jobs. Which is of course what Bloomberg wants.

I like Americans with full-time living wage jobs. I am against illegal immigrants. I am pro jailing US employers that knowingly hire illegals including tRump. I am for the elimination of the daddy bush H-1B programs. I am NOT for tariffs because tariffs cause a rise in consumer spending which we can not afford until we get wages to a living wage level.

The Governor of Oregon has to increase taxes because of the less expected return from the Feds due to Corporate America and the wealthy paying less taxes. btw, that's occurring in almost all States.

Shut up liar. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar: Now that this ^^^ liar has been dealt with, here's what Oregon liberals are going to spend the new $1 billion dollars in taxes on...half the money will be spent on NOT teaching math and science but 'student mental health' and 'reducing achievement disparities for students of color' in other words hiring more public employees. State GOP senators walked out in protest, they say the tax is destined not for students but for public employee pensions.

Whats wrong with increasing workers pay?

I like Americans with full-time living wage jobs. I am against illegal immigrants. I am pro jailing US employers that knowingly hire illegals including tRump. I am for the elimination of the daddy bush H-1B programs. I am NOT for tariffs because tariffs cause a rise in consumer spending which we can not afford until we get wages to a living wage level.

Yea well raising the wages of the lowest skilled jobs will only raise inflation. Keeping inflation low is what makes for a better standard of living. Raising their wages only diminishes the wages that highly skilled jobs give.

Housing should always strive for mixed neighbours, so that the poor aren't "ghetto-ized", the way they are now.

You know, I've asked that same question, and can't ever get a satisfactory answer. Republicans want people to get off of public assistance and stand on their own two feet. And, if people were given a living wage, then they would make too much money to qualify, meaning they would get off of public assistance.

Only trouble is, they then bitch about the cost of hiring workers and having it cut into the profit margin of the businesses. Basically, they don't want to do anything to help people get off of assistance, they just want to bitch about it and threaten to cut it off all together.

NO tax increase, spending cuts, and tax cuts. Oregon Democrats PREY on businesses using them as their personal piggy banks to raid.

Because Dem's are stealing the money from poor and middle class workers or pay for it. :itsok:

NO tax increase, spending cuts, and tax cuts. Oregon Democrats PREY on businesses using them as their personal piggy banks to raid.
What do you think should be cut?

Oregon PERS (public employee retirement system) that corrupt ass system raped Oregon taxpayers.

Housing should always strive for mixed neighbours, so that the poor aren't "ghetto-ized", the way they are now.
Riiight...because middle class people should be forced to live next to Mexican or negro thugs. They tried that shit in Phoenix, building brand new subdivisions in ghetto areas. All of them have to have HOAs to maintain expensive gated community enclosures to try and keep the thugs out. Ultimately all it does is lower the value of those homes, the values of the ghetto around them never goes up, nor does the crime drop. All it does is give the home invaders richer targets.

Oregon PERS (public employee retirement system) that corrupt ass system raped Oregon taxpayers.
What would be a better solution?

What would be a better solution?

Good luck with that?

Forum List

Back