Bloodless Dog Fights...

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
OK I know...DOG FIGHTING????!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yah! Dog Fighting...Bloodless. Not the sick Mike Vick kinda dog fighting.

I would like to see more exciting dog sports. The dog show and obedience trials are for fags. Seriously..

Tug O War..

The 6' by 6' by 30' pit is fully caged and separated in the center with a thick plexiglass partition with a hole in the center. A large(thick) 12' long rope goes in the center hole and is knotted on each end. Ya put your mutt in each end and the two dogs start pulling on the rope ends. Then the rope is released and the dogs do a tug O war until the winner pulls the other dogs knot to touch the plexiglass. I think it would be great fun and competition for the dogs. Of course you would have to do it by weight class. My Pit Bull LOVES to pull on a rope. He's about 115-120 lbs now and if he could get good traction He can easily out pull me on a big ship rope. He really gets into it .growls real loud and everything. He goes out on the deck where I keep the rope tied and just pulls on it by himself sometimes.

This could be a great addition to dog shows or obedience trials....or a stand alone competition..

Dog Hanging....

Two ropes...two dogs. The dogs grab a rope and swing off into a hole and the first one that lets go and falls down into a soft sand pit loses. This one wouldn't need to be done by weight class.

Water jumping with a twist.

Similar to the standard water jumping but the dog must grab a target toy off a dangling rope before hitting the water. This would be judged by both height AND distance.

Stuff like this would be great fun for the dogs. It would also be great entertainment and competition with bragging rights for pet owners without doing any harm to their animals.

COMMON!!!

Let's start celebrating what dogs do naturally!!

How's about digging competition?

A big sand pit where two dogs dig on each side of a fence? first one to make it to the bottom sensor..say three feet down wins!!!

I am so sick and tired of making dogs compete in prissy dog shows and "obedience". YUK!!!

I mean can you imagine two Chihuahuas tugging on a small rope? That would be SOOOOoo...FUNNY!! :lol:

It could all start out amateur and eventually go pro.

I bet there are thousands of dog owners that have dogs they would like to enter in competition that doesn't require a lifetime of dedication and breeding skills.

How about "Howling" contests? It doesn't have to be all about who has the strongest or toughest mutt. There are plenty of things dogs do naturally that could make for great entertainment.

I think that this is a vastly untapped human audience and the dogs would love it!

Last edited:
I've heard of "Dog Wrestling" where dogs are trained not to bite..but wrestle. And when one goes down..the contest is over.

Very cool ideas. :thup:

There is already a long-jump for dogs. I think the record is over 20 ft. Amazing!

Of course, herding, agility, flying disc competitions and things like that are all good, more natural competition for dogs and entertainment for humans.

My bad - almost 29 ft. for the dogs jumping over water.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnKwgvIe77A&feature=related]YouTube - Gunner's Winning 28'10 Jump[/ame]

YouTube - Gunner's Winning 28'10 Jump

I had a 140lb blue doby that could jump that far. Down in Pompano Beach FLA I used to train him in this big field. Once he took off running and flushed a big white egret into flight and jumped up about ten or twelve feet in the air and caught the bird in flight. I don't know how far the distance of that jump was but it was damn close to your record 29 feet if not farther. and that was on dry land. He didn't injure the egret. As soon as I saw what was happening I yelled for him to sit just as he landed and he minded instantly as always. He released the bird and it flew away with not problems.

This was back in 1977. I have always wondered how that dog would have done on those leaping competitions you see.

At least the jumping thing is something dogs love to do naturally. AND it is great entertainment.

I think it would make for fun television viewing also. I'm sure there are a hell of a lot more people with dogs than people that can sing like in American Idol.

I had a 140lb blue doby that could jump that far. Down in Pompano Beach FLA I used to train him in this big field. Once he took off running and flushed a big white egret into flight and jumped up about ten or twelve feet in the air and caught the bird in flight. I don't know how far the distance of that jump was but it was damn close to your record 29 feet if not farther. and that was on dry land. He didn't injure the egret. As soon as I saw what was happening I yelled for him to sit just as he landed and he minded instantly as always. He released the bird and it flew away with not problems.

This was back in 1977. I have always wondered how that dog would have done on those leaping competitions you see.

At least the jumping thing is something dogs love to do naturally. AND it is great entertainment.

I think it would make for fun television viewing also. I'm sure there are a hell of a lot more people with dogs than people that can sing like in American Idol.

bird killer. I am calling Peta:evil:

bird killer. I am calling Peta:evil:

Not even...

Got another story about "Brutus" the doby..

When I was doing a lot of flying around the country I had a friend i would stay with in Seattle that owned a big VERY EXPENSIVE Blue Makaw. Brutus was sleeping down in the front room of the house near the big floor to ceiling bird cage. I woke up early from the bedroom upstairs and went down to make some coffee and Brutus was sleeping with his head on his frisbee. I noticed that the door was open on the bird cage and the bird was not in it. Then I saw something that made my heart stop! The Makaw was on the carpet right behind my dog and walked around the dogs head into view and grabbed the frisbee from under the dogs huge head and tugged on it. Brutus's eyes opened but he didn't move a muscle..I didn't really know what to do because he could have shredded that bird in a heartbeat. The dogs eyes met mine and he still didn't budge.. The stupid bird kept tugging on the frisbee until he had pulled it out from under the dogs jaws and dragged it all the way over to the cage and crawled up the cage and into the open door. I walked over to the cage..reached in..grabbed the frisbee from the parrot and tossed it back over to Brutus who caught it ...set it down and rested his head back on it. Whew!!! That was a Very close call!!! :eek:

True story... :lol::lol:

Good dogs won't kill anything unless you give them permission.

Most terriers aren't good dogs. At least mine isn't, lol.

Forum List

Back