Blog of a Free Market Type

Metternich

Federalist Farmer
May 25, 2009
University of San Diego
I admit, USMG, I have been cheating on you. With another, and no not with another message board. Someone who is just different, I know that isn't much consolation - though you must have seen this coming. I'm young, obssessive, I have the endurance to write more then wht you can provide, but I don't mean to offend it is merely that I cannot change my nature. I know, I know, this isn't how I imagined it happening either. It was an accident, really, but before I knew it... I was trapped. Visiting her and writing with her day after day.

Her name? Well, if you want to know - I'm not standing in your way - is Link edited. I call her 'Ramblings From A Young Conservative' and we are in love. I want you to feel the love as well. Even if this means my attention is divided, you'll always be the board of my dreams.

:eusa_angel:

Mish, mash.

Each state has it's own environmental agency. The fed EPA sets the standards the states decide how they will deal with those standards.

I call DEQ here a few years back to gain some information on the regulatory process for tearing out an old building. After being dictated to without an actual regulation citation that I could rely on I called the EPA office in KC. The guy there explained to me what I needed to know. Basically it came down to the state here telling me that a family member's federal certification would not work in this state. I knew it was hogwash but kept silent as the guy continued. Then the guy gave me one private company's name to call and no other options. He insisted I call them. I asked the guy for a third time to please cite the proper place I could review the regulations. Then the guy started threatening me (I hate having this girly voice at times like these). By the time I went through the whole scene with this guy and again asked again if there was anywhere that I could see this "law, "regulation or requirement" the guy was livid. He started demanding that I give him my phone number and my address so their attorney could send me a cease and desist order and call me. I laughed and told him thank you, I think I have all the information I need.

The problem we have in all government agencies is the people who use the offices for their own gain and agenda.

All I have to say is that I know, off the top of my head, above a dozen such horribe stories; I wish there was one where I could go 'this one time the EPA saved this great area" but sadly enough, I can't. The closest I can come to is that the EPA prevented any construction on this area reserved for the Fringe Toed Lizard, until a fancy Country Club moved into down and did something to build on the land. Heh.

All I have to say is that I know, off the top of my head, above a dozen such horribe stories; I wish there was one where I could go 'this one time the EPA saved this great area" but sadly enough, I can't. The closest I can come to is that the EPA prevented any construction on this area reserved for the Fringe Toed Lizard, until a fancy Country Club moved into down and did something to build on the land. Heh.
I have known that sort of bs to happen a lot. Generally though it is someone at the state level causing the crap.

Link Edited

Looking for a more 'ivory tower' deliberation against affirmative action and other race based initiatives? Is there anything deeper then racism when people like me are against explicitly race-oriented groups, associations, even if they're not 'White Power?' Yes, and that is what I try to explain.

Forum List

Back