• For it

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Against it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blockchain? Wuzzdat?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Anything that's stops the liberals from cheating is good in my book

I've been reading about blockchain technology and it's transformational impact on almost everything it touches: including voting. It's fool proof and tamper proof.

Are you for or against implementing block chain voting in US elections?

Blockchain for voting and elections – Hacker Noon
Can't say I fully understand how it would be implemented but if it makes the vote more secure while not adversely impacting voter turnout it is OK by me.

So long as it's a way to submit one's vote rather than the way one must vote, I'm okay with it. I would expect that vote tabulation via a blockchain technology be integrated with votes made via other modalities so as to prevent individuals to cast multiple votes.

There is one potential issue with votes via any digital means: one way or another, a voter's identity and the nature of votes they cast may be identifiable. I don't know that many folks would be keen on there being a risk that that could happen.

Warburg huh? I wonder if she is any relation to the banking Warburgs?
No...no blockchain. If it's binary, it can be hacked and the further and the less centralized the worse. I am a firm believer in paper ballots. You are an expat? Do what the rest of us do...mail it in.

$400m hack of Japan Crypto Exchange’s NEM loss spooks investors
If it's binary...it can be hacked.
I think the point of blockchain isn't that it absolutely cannot be hacked but that the hack cannot destroy the data record; thus the hack is perfectly reversible.

No...no blockchain. If it's binary, it can be hacked and the further and the less centralized the worse. I am a firm believer in paper ballots. You are an expat? Do what the rest of us do...mail it in.

I think the point of blockchain isn't that it absolutely cannot be hacked but that the hack cannot destroy the data record; thus the hack is perfectly reversible.
hmmm...not educated enough on the topic. Thanks!

hmmm...not educated enough on the topic. Thanks!
If you're interested, the first section in the following paper is a decent high-level primer: BlockChain Technology. If you prefer to watch a video, this is a fine one to view, though you'll need to think of a vote in terms of a transaction:

Well, good thing the geniuses at CISA implemented Blockchain to secure the Presidential election in 2020.

Well, good thing the geniuses at CISA implemented Blockchain to secure the Presidential election in 2020.
How could they do that, without all of the 50 state governments knowing or working with them, since all states have their own separate systems?

And mail in votes are already paper ballots, that are simply scanned in for a count?

Forum List

Back