Blizzard 2005!!!!omg!!!wtf!!

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
I got to enjoy our first snowfall (and probably our last) today, as work let people out early due to 'amber road conditions'. WA drivers typically freak the hell out at the first sign of snow. Of course, I'm one of the few who actually 'can' drive in snow. Yeah, everyone says they can, but I REALLY can. :p: :D :ego:

hah

Few photos from about 20 minutes ago, around my neighborhood.

rx8snow3.jpg

rx8snow2.jpg

And my favourite:

rx8snow1.jpg

As usual, excellent photography!

One thing would make it look better though...

I bet a red RX8 against that white snow would look amazing....

GotZoom said:
As usual, excellent photography!

One thing would make it look better though...

I bet a red RX8 against that white snow would look amazing....

hey if dmp can drive and control his rx in the snow....well he is more than welcome to visit or move to VC,Nevada...we get lotsa snow in winter... equal to Tahoe...we need all the good drivers we can get...tired of dodging the Cali speedsters who have not a clue as to how to avoid disastor!

Gotta agree with Zoom, great photography. Great car. You got out early for THAT? :wtf: Had more than that the other morning, called a dusting.

Kathianne said:
Gotta agree with Zoom, great photography. Great car. You got out early for THAT? :wtf: Had more than that the other morning, called a dusting.

That doesn't even qualify as a dusting..

dmp said:
I got to enjoy our first snowfall (and probably our last) today, as work let people out early due to 'amber road conditions'. WA drivers typically freak the hell out at the first sign of snow. Of course, I'm one of the few who actually 'can' drive in snow. Yeah, everyone says they can, but I REALLY can. :p: :D :ego:

hah

Few photos from about 20 minutes ago, around my neighborhood.

Nice job removing the plate... Adobe Photoshop, "Clone Stamp Tool" (S). :D

Shattered said:
That doesn't even qualify as a dusting..
More like early summer in Wisconsin, Illinois or Upstate New York.... :)

Hey dmp.... it could be worse.... back in 1980, instead of snow, your area was covered in volcanic ash.... hopefully, that won't happen any time soon (at least in your lifetime!)

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
KarlMarx said:

Hey dmp.... it could be worse.... back in 1980, instead of snow, your area was covered in volcanic ash.... hopefully, that won't happen any time soon (at least in your lifetime!)

Definitely.. April and May have been known to look like that rather frequently...

KarlMarx said:

Worse? Yeah, volcanic ash was bad, but 8" of SNOW would be excellent.

:D

dmp said:
Worse? Yeah, volcanic ash was bad, but 8" of SNOW would be excellent.

8" is considered nothing more than an annoyance.. :D Travel to Wisconsin when we're scheduled to get 12-15" if you want *snow*. :)

Just bring a shovel, and don't be afraid to use it.

Where my mom is from, they measure snowfall by the foot, not by the inch. And they don't bother to plow, they just chain everyone's tires up and pack down each snowfall. The snowmobilers love that.

The ClayTaurus said:
Where my mom is from, they measure snowfall by the foot, not by the inch. And they don't bother to plow, they just chain everyone's tires up and pack down each snowfall. The snowmobilers love that.

I'm trying to move to a place in the country where that is 'my' reality. :)

Shattered said:
8" is considered nothing more than an annoyance.. :D Travel to Wisconsin when we're scheduled to get 12-15" if you want *snow*. :)

Just bring a shovel, and don't be afraid to use it.

What do you mean "considered"? 8" really is just an annoyance...

dmp said:
Mary? Did you steal Doug's password? If not, Doug - you sound EXACTLY like my wife :(

:-/

(sigh). I'm surprised we have as many kids as we do.

It's obviously not Mary because he said 8 INCHES. (Not 8 centimeters)

Forum List

Back