Blind to their own faults

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

- Matthew 7:5

As an Independent I see this as the biggest problem with lawmakers and their respective media outlets. Both sides verbally flail away at each other, finding fault and nit picking each others perceived weaknesses, never giving a thought to cleaning up their own backyard. Here are just 2 cases in point:

Democrats: What would the left wing and the folks at CNN say if President Trump had used his personal email account to send sensitive government communications on, and comingeling this with his personal info. in clear violation of Government protocol?

Republicans: What would the right wing and the "fair and balanced" folks at FOX news say if President Obama had invited a group of high ranking Russian officials into the Oval Office, and given away our most top secret government information to the Russians?

I won't bore you with the multitude of other examples available, but I think you get the point. Right and Left wing media outlets are driven by ratings and circulation. Admitting faults and fixing shortcomings is not going to bring many advertising dollars for either...but it needs to be done...or both sides will continue to live in their respective fantasy worlds, believing they are 100% right and the other side in 100% wrong, when in fact both are no different than the hypocrite Jesus spoke of all those centuries ago.

Interesting. Jesus was speaking to Indie's also.

Re your hypotheticals - one event actually did happen, the other didn't.

To claim to be unbiased, while accusing others of such, is a bias in and of itself. :)

5 facts about America’s political independents

In the 'fantasy' world left-leaning public voices in media and entertainment outnumber and out shout right leaning voices. Unfortunately, declaring oneself an Independent does not entitle one to claim the political moral high ground free of partisanship and hypocrisy.

The best thing to do? - rather than worry over everyone else's faults, listen to a variety of voices, read - form and express your own opinion on an issue (as opposed to your perception of others behavior) - your opinion is the only thing you have control over.

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

As an Independent I see this as the biggest problem with lawmakers and their respective media outlets. Both sides verbally flail away at each other, finding fault and nit picking each others perceived weaknesses, never giving a thought to cleaning up their own backyard. Here are just 2 cases in point:

Democrats: What would the left wing and the folks at CNN say if President Trump had used his personal email account to send sensitive government communications on, and comingeling this with his personal info. in clear violation of Government protocol?

Republicans: What would the right wing and the "fair and balanced" folks at FOX news say if President Obama had invited a group of high ranking Russian officials into the Oval Office, and given away our most top secret government information to the Russians?

I won't bore you with the multitude of other examples available, but I think you get the point. Right and Left wing media outlets are driven by ratings and circulation. Admitting faults and fixing shortcomings is not going to bring many advertising dollars for either...but it needs to be done...or both sides will continue to live in their respective fantasy worlds, believing they are 100% right and the other side in 100% wrong, when in fact both are no different than the hypocrite Jesus spoke of all those centuries ago.

CNN covered the Clinton e-mail scandal non-stop from day one to election day.

CNN covered the Clinton e-mail scandal non-stop from day one to election day.
Lol, yeah right. If they did report on it, it would be. This is false information, our dear Hillary would never do something like this. If CNN reported on Hillary the way they do about Trump. Hillary would be in jail. Public outrage over her law breaking would be over whelming. Instead CNN won't report negative things on her.

Forum List

Back