Blind faith in the Oligarchy is not patriotism

The Koch Bros, through their corporately sponsored Club for Growth & FreedomWerks, have the Righties hoodwinked into to thinking a few million $ is rich LOL :lol:

Would the Jihadist's want to 'take over the world' etc... if we were not doing the above???

We can aswer that question by looking at the rates of suicide bombings in Iraq. Since the withdraw of our troops began there is a clear and steady decline in the rate of suicide bombings. Before our occupation of Iraq began there was 0 suicide bombings in that country.

Clearly United States aggression fuels the hatred towards us.

Yes. yes they would want to take over the world. They are trying to create a global caliphate.

You are really shocked that the suicide bomber rate is going down as we withdrawal? It seems kind of obvious that our troops arent going to get attacked by suicide bombers if our troops arent there.

So what? we caused it? Last time i checked terrorists were out to get us before we went to Iraq. We were just nice enough to give them a place they can come out against us elsewhere so our citizens wouldn't be killed.

The Koch Bros, through their corporately sponsored Club for Growth & FreedomWerks, have the Righties hoodwinked into to thinking a few million $ is rich LOL :lol:

What does it matter how much is rich? How is that relevant to treating the rich and poor the same before the law? What does that have to do with us not spending our children into slavery? What does that have to do with overregulation and overtaxation? How does that somehow mean robbery is good?

Who cares how much our neighbors have? If they are blessed with wealth, that doesn't hurt me. If they can earn more money more power to them.

Pride, jealously, covetousness, and envy aren't good justifications for public policy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSVI4_jY344]Lawrence Lessig: Corrupt Congress a Farm League for K Street Lobbyists - YouTube[/ame]​

This video is a little more specific:

Acting against the interest of your constituents and in the interest of you donors:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HumMyN0Q8Gc&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HumMyN0Q8Gc&NR=1[/ame]​

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PiXDTK_CBY&feature=related]Wall Street Mocks Protesters By Drinking Champagne 2011 - YouTube[/ame]​

breen.jpg

Im not reading the article... all you did was list events with no context, I opened it and the guy did the same.

The man has no merit to speak on what he is talking about... He studied accounting in college, I don't care if he picked up some books but I know those actions were responses to actions the governments of those nations have taken.

Look we definitely have done some bad things, how we gained control of Hawaii, we are the reason Iran is as messed up as it is, we supported many bad people in the process of containing the Soviet Union and in the interest of security in the middle east.

I would love a more isolationist approach, but oddly, people of his ilk. The self loathing collective security types, are the reason we have been taking these actions. We needed to do what we needed to do during the Cold War because of communist ideology, it cannot coexist with capitalism as Marxism defines it. This man is a moron, has some serious issues and I wouldn't take him seriously. The fact he is so sneery in the first couple sentences shows his bias and lack of an objective construction of reality. I don't understand why it is so villainous to be proud for lack of a better word of being apart of this country. Look at our history, no wheres perfect but if I had to be born anywhere else in the world going of how the country started and the path it is on I would choose no where else. That doesn't give us a pass or say we don't need to improve but the desire to improve was always engrained in us, I doubt if it is anymore.

Blind faith in the Oligarchy is not patriotism
NOW you tell the Teabaggers!!!!

"In “Coming Apart,” Murray investigates the growing gap between America’s upper and lower classes, with a specific focus on whites.

Murray posits that a conspicuous rift has grown between the “new upper class” and “the new lower class” and that it has gotten to the point where, culturally speaking, the two have nothing in common.

Even more disconcerting, according to Murray, is the fact that this rift has grown during times of economic stagnation as well as economic prosperity.

“It’s not too dramatic to say this,” Charles Murray said during a recent interview with PBS, “we’re losing a lot of what has made America exceptional. And as we have become increasingly a class society in which a big chunk of the people on the bottom no longer behave in the ways that are essential for a self-governing free society.”

We Liberals/Progressives....
TRIED TO WARN YOU!!!!

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back