bleak future for the "Fox News crowd"

And I'm saying Fox is closer to that objective than any other source. I'm also saying that this is the basis of your actual complaint.

You don’t see FOX as having a right-wing bias? Just because most of the other news outlets out there tend to lean left-wing does not exempt Fox from also holding a bias in the other direction.

I didn't say that you endorsed anyone. You have attacked Fox, so you must be looking to other sources. Currently, there are DNC controlled sources, and Fox on the air. If you watch news on TV, you can watch what the DNC puts out, or you can watch Fox. Again, you attacked Fox, ergo......

Ahh, I get it. Because I don’t like Fox, that means that I MUST be a communist Democrat who welcomes in total government control. What’s wrong with you Uncensored?

I’ll tell you why I don’t like Fox. In my opinion, they generally tend to hold a pro-Republican Party bias. Problem is, I don’t like the Modern Republican Party.

I think Republicans are Authoritarian, War hungry, and spend just as much as their Democratic counterparts. The Bush Administration spent money wildly and recklessly and did more to increase the executive powers of the POTUS than any administration in the past 50 years. Republicans voted in favor of the NDAA 2012 act that gave the Fed Gov’t the ability to detain “terrorists” indefinitely. Republicans want to draft into law rigid social norms that dictate how we all should and should not behave. You want small gov’t? Better look elsewhere, buddy.

What party is that exactly Uncensored?

News reports on Fox have no imbedded opinion (nor does CNN at this point in time.) Opinion on Fox is clearly designated as such. O'Reilly isn't an Anchorman. I understand that you want him silenced, but he has nothing to do with news reporting on FNC, he does a commentary show that is labeled as commentary.

Yes, Fox has an “imbedded” pro-Republican opinion and agenda.

Also, how exactly do you “understand” that I "want O’Reilly silenced" (where did that idea conjure up in that one-track mind of yours)? Again, putting words in my mouth. I actually have a good deal of respect for O’Reilly and consider him a funny guy at times. I realize he’s not an Anchorman.

Of course what you claim is false, but you are a partisan, so you say what serves the party, not what is true.

What partisan leaning do I have exactly? If a man does not like baseball, do you automatically conclude that he likes basketball?

I tend to agree with you about the failures of the Republican party, but where ya gonna go for "objective" politics eh? You gonna be interviewing "independents" on policy issues?

I watch Fox because they are often FIRST and FAR in the lead in covering stories that others won't initially touch (like Fast/Furious) and WeinerGate.

And as a Libertarian, uncreative Republican slants just make me feel sorry for them, whilst I'm deathly allergic to the more dramatic leftist progressive type of propaganda.

Bleak future for the Fox News crowd. Demographic shifts in America virtually assure the Fox News crowd will be fighting an uphill battle up a steeper slope every year.

City Living Boom for Young Adults Spells Doom For the GOP | AlterNet

FACTS:
Age 18 to 34 21% watch Fox News
Age 35 to 54 36%
Age 55+ 42%

Income
$30 to $49,999 25%
$50 to $74,999 18%
$75,000+ 38%
Fox News (Cable News Network): What are the demographics of Fox News viewers? - Quora

My conclusions from the FACTS are
in 2025 there will be: under 20 20 - 64 66+
United States 100.0 26.8 54.7 18.5
Population Projections - States by Age, Sex, Race, and Hispanic Origin: 1995 to 2025 (PPL47)

So the Conclusions are FOX will grow even more popular because once the person
reaches 34 most will be watching fox.
Also the people advertisers want are people with money to spend.. Fox has 56% of viewers make $50,000 and more!
Again advertising promotes revenue. More revenue more viewers!
Also do you Alternet is owned by Independent Media Institute,
Media Consortium member AlterNet, which is part of the Independent Media Institute that got an extra $495,000 from Soros, has a section of their website for 'Special Coverage: Occupy Wall Street.' Here it has articles that bust '5 conservative economic myths' such as 'regulations kill jobs' and 'business does everything better than government.' It also lauds big labor for joining the protests. AlterNet's Kristen Gwynne was even arrested during a protest.
$3.6 Million from Soros Aids Groups That Support, Promote Occupy Wall Street | Media Research Center

So..
A) The source for your article is extremely bias and has extremely liberal agenda.
B) Soros funded.. enough said!
C) Sadly is right about the "renter's generation" BUT is ignoring the DEMOGRAPHICS
of Fox news i.e. gets older people watching and one thing for sure Alternet's article is about young people that WILL GROW OLDER!
D) Advertisers prefer people that have money to spend and advertise where those viewers are and Fox has 75% that make over $50,000 so I think Fox is financial viable.. can't say the same for NYT, MSNBC,CBS,ABC,NBC!!! All losers laying off employees !

Forum List

Back