Blatant lib media bias

Patrick2

Jul 12, 2011
Anyone been watching the lib media "news" coverage of the debt/spending impasse?

I watch See BS, and it's really biased. They characterize the talks as just the debt issue. They give obama far more minutes in the coverage, usually reducing the republican side to opening statements made by a GOP spokesman, making it seem as if all they had to say was something very general. The lib media have picked up the new leftwing euphemism for taxes, "revenue" (remember when it was "investments"?)

See BS has a super-biased lib cover the whitehouse and congress, Nancy Cordes, who called proposed GOP spending cuts "severe". You'll never hear them call the national debt "unsustainable", much less outrageous. Once she said obama "ordered" GOP congressmen to the white house - of course he doesn't have the power to order anyone in congress to do anything.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDocL7AfIRo&feature=player_detailpage]‪Baby Talk, Bla Bla Bla!!!!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Hey, whatta you say you go play with some razor blades? (The libs here seem to get more retarded by the minute. :D)

Anyone been watching the lib media "news" coverage of the debt/spending impasse?

I watch See BS, and it's really biased. They characterize the talks as just the debt issue. They give obama far more minutes in the coverage, usually reducing the republican side to opening statements made by a GOP spokesman, making it seem as if all they had to say was something very general. The lib media have picked up the new leftwing euphemism for taxes, "revenue" (remember when it was "investments"?)

See BS has a super-biased lib cover the whitehouse and congress, Nancy Cordes, who called proposed GOP spending cuts "severe". You'll never hear them call the national debt "unsustainable", much less outrageous. Once she said obama "ordered" GOP congressmen to the white house - of course he doesn't have the power to order anyone in congress to do anything.

The media goes as far to ignore the polls they take when reporting on the debt ceiling.

Network Poll Coverage Ignores Public Opposition to Debt Ceiling Raise

By Kyle Drennen | July 23, 2011 | 09:00

NBC and CBS polls released earlier this week determined that a significant portion of the American public remain opposed to any increase in the nation’s debt limit, but neither network has included that fact in their on-air reporting. And a poll released by ABC on Tuesday didn’t even bother to ask for public opinion on whether the raising the debt ceiling was a good idea or not.

The networks’ selective coverage of their own polls corresponds with CNN on-air hosts scandalously ignoring the fact that their polling found 66% of Americans supported the House GOP's 'Cut, Cap and Balance' plan and that 74% would support a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution.

An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found that despite warnings of supposedly dire consequences if the debt ceiling was not raised, 31% of Americans were against the increase. After providing a brief explanation of both sides of the argument, that number went up to 43%. The CBS News poll found an even higher 49% of Americans thought Congress should not raise the debt ceiling.

The closest ABC News came to actually asking the question was to simply wonder who Americans would blame for the assumed disaster that would befall the country if the debt ceiling was not raised.

All three networks did find time use their respective poll findings to focus blame for the stalemate on the Republican Party. On Tuesday's ABC World News, anchor Diane Sawyer proclaimed: "Republicans baring the brunt of the blame, 67% disapprove of the way Republicans in Congress are handling the economy."

On Tuesday's NBC Today, political director Chuck Todd declared: "Most of this poll shows that the middle of the country and a majority of Americans basically don't like the Republican position on this debt plan."

Finally, on Monday's CBS Early Show, co-host Chris Wragge observed: "And congressional Republicans also have an issue here as well. Seventy-one percent say they disapprove of their handling of things."

You are starting to sound like Sarah Palin.......quit whining

Some more media bias from our great media or should i say the media in the tank for Obama.

GORDON PETERSON, HOST: House Republicans say they have a solution: Cut, Cap, and Balance. Tea Party folks love the idea of a Constitutional amendment to balance the budget. At what point does reality rear its ugly head with some of these people, cause it ain’t going to happen?

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: I like the way you pose an objective question implying the insanity of a Republican proposal which passed the House. I just want the viewers to understand how this is a fair and balanced program.

PETERSON: Well, we do our best. We don’t have the vast resources of Rupert Murdoch and Fox News, but we do the best we can.

NINA TOTENBERG, NPR: [Laughs]

KRAUTHAMMER: I understand, but on a shoestring, you manage to introduce a hell of a lot of bias.

PETERSON: Thank you very much.

KRAUTHAMMER: I commend you on your…

PETERSON: Can you answer my question? When does reality rear its ugly head with these people?

Speaking of reality rearing its ugly head, Peterson must have missed the parts of Thursday's CNN poll finding 66 percent of respondents supporting "Cut, Cap, and Balance" and 74 percent favoring a balanced budget amendment.

This is especially peculiar as Peterson later in the program referred to the CNN poll, just not the sections contradicting his depiction of Tea Partiers supporting the same things an overwhelming majority of Americans as being out of touch with reality.

Maybe the limited budget PBS gives him for the program only affords him access to small portions of polls rather than the complete text every other person can access for free via the internet.

If you believe that, I've got some bridges for sale in New York.

Last edited:
it's a private corporation, it can do as it likes with it's resources, so what, don't watch if you don't like it. Or just have a heart attack from all ur frustrations.

Some more media bias from our great media or should i say the media in the tank for Obama.

GORDON PETERSON, HOST: House Republicans say they have a solution: Cut, Cap, and Balance. Tea Party folks love the idea of a Constitutional amendment to balance the budget. At what point does reality rear its ugly head with some of these people, cause it ain’t going to happen?

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: I like the way you pose an objective question implying the insanity of a Republican proposal which passed the House. I just want the viewers to understand how this is a fair and balanced program.

PETERSON: Well, we do our best. We don’t have the vast resources of Rupert Murdoch and Fox News, but we do the best we can.

KRAUTHAMMER: I understand, but on a shoestring, you manage to introduce a hell of a lot of bias.

PETERSON: Can you answer my question? When does reality rear its ugly head with these people?

Speaking of reality rearing its ugly head, Peterson must have missed the parts of Thursday's CNN poll finding 66 percent of respondents supporting "Cut, Cap, and Balance" and 74 percent favoring a balanced budget amendment.

This is especially peculiar as Peterson later in the program referred to the CNN poll, just not the sections contradicting his depiction of Tea Partiers supporting the same things an overwhelming majority of Americans as being out of touch with reality.

Maybe the limited budget PBS gives him for the program only affords him access to small portions of polls rather than the complete text every other person can access for free via the internet.

Krauthammer is a mild-mannered intellectual - but he apparently could hardly keep his cool in dealing with that imbecilic lib media talking head. :lol:

well as far as I am concerned, FOX news does the same thing to GOPers. I don't listen to any of them. Imake my own decisions no matter what anybody else is doing.
there is a little prayer I think of constantly when frustrated,
Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

well as far as I am concerned, FOX news does the same thing to GOPers. I don't listen to any of them. Imake my own decisions no matter what anybody else is doing.

Comparing Fox News to the titanic liberal media establishment is like comparing an ant to an elephant.

You are to be congratulated if you REALLY make up your own mind, but undoubtedly millions of others are just being brainwashed.

Krauthammer is a mild-mannered intellectual - but he apparently could hardly keep his cool in dealing with that imbecilic lib media talking head. :lol:

He went after the whole panel about two weeks ago and it was classic when he shut them all up.

Last edited:
When republicans and conservatives aren't whining about something either irrelevant or untrue, do the spend the rest of the time crying?

If there are any characteristics that the right wing exemplifies it is the whining, the sky is falling, and martyrdom syndrome. Someone is always plotting to destroy some past utopia that only they can see or even know about. Add the Dunning-Kruger effect and you have the perfect right winger, usually a conservative, often republican, but occasionally a libertarian sort of mortal. They are real beauts. The corporations play them like banjos, and like a banjo they willingly acquiesce. Whine on whine on.

Could you please link us to the great ratings fox has please. I see it all the time how fox has the best ratings....yet somehow its a liberal media? How exactly does this work?

Forum List

Back