Blatant Hypocricy of the Greens

centrally concentrated energy infrastructure that is controlled by corporatist terrorist nation state appeasers.

Translation = BBBBBAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

"Studies have indicated that relatively low raptor (e.g., hawks, eagles) fatality rates exist at most wind energy developments with the exception of some facilities in parts of California. All developments studied have reported fewer than 14 bird (all species combined) fatalities per nameplate MW per year, and most have reported less than 4 fatalities per MW per year. Although several developments have reported relatively numerous bat fatalities, most studies have reported low rates of such bat fatalities."

Like the actual speed of blade tips, you apparently aren't able to think deeply enough to understand what this is saying either. 4 raptor fatalities per MW per year. How many MW per year do you suppose a wind farm generates? How many MW per year do all wind farms produce? 4 raptors per megawatt.

Oh, I know this; but try to explain that to wirebender up there, who is convinced that three 150' blades spinning at 15 rpm are an unavoidable poultry meat-grinder; a bird-of-prey holocaust.

Still can't work out the math even when I do it for you. 15 RPM = over 150 mph. Don't worry though, you already said all that you need to say about yourself with your "corporatist terrorist nation state" line.

Thanks, you saved me from wasting additional time on a nutball.

Oh, I know this; but try to explain that to wirebender up there, who is convinced that three 150' blades spinning at 15 rpm are an unavoidable poultry meat-grinder; a bird-of-prey holocaust.

Still can't work out the math even when I do it for you. 15 RPM = over 150 mph.
No. You don't get the math. The parts of the thing doing over 150 mph are also over 100 yards apart, moving in a relatively consistent and patently predictable arc.

And yes, you retard, I can actually see those rotor blades when they're moving at 15 rpm, even when I'm standing right on the nacelle.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. Literally.

Don't worry though, you already said all that you need to say about yourself with your "corporatist terrorist nation state" line.

Thanks, you saved me from wasting additional time on a nutball.
You're the one who brought in your fatuous and baseless notions of what my politics are ... what's the matter cupcake? Can't take what you dish out? Did you get a little of your own shit on your summer dress?

Honduran Deaths Trigger EU Carbon Credit Clash

Protests erupted in July when six international human rights advocacy groups presented a report to the EP detailing what they called murders and forced evictions of peasants in El Bajo Aguán Valley of northern Honduras. The International Federation of Human Rights (FIDH) report accuses UN-sanctioned palm oil mills of stealing farmland from Honduran natives and killing or wounding them when they attempt to defend their property. It says the companies, acting with government impunity, regularly target members of local land-rights movements who end up murdered in feigned car accidents or hunted down and shot by private security guards

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech-...onduran-deaths-trigger-eu-carbon-credit-clash

No. You don't get the math. The parts of the thing doing over 150 mph are also over 100 yards apart, moving in a relatively consistent and patently predictable arc.

OK. I get it. You aren't a math guy. at 15 rpm, the blades are doing better than 165 mph. 165 mph = 242 feet per second. At that speed, those blade tips cover 100 yards in 1.2 seconds.

And considering the fact that you had no idea how fast the blade tips were moving, I highly doubt that you ever even got inside the fence of a wind farm, much less ever stood on a turbine.

Last edited:

OK. I get it. You aren't a math guy. at 15 rpm, the blades are doing better than 165 mph. 165 mph = 242 feet per second. At that speed, those blade tips cover 100 yards in 1.2 seconds.

And considering the fact that you had no idea how fast the blade tips were moving, I highly doubt that you ever even got inside the fence of a wind farm, much less ever stood on a turbine.

Left wingers fight for "marxism" because they're not the brightest bulbs around. They wouldn't understand that maybe those blades are moving really freaking fast...Fast enough to kill something that flies into one. Also this green crap is all about weakening the US of A. It will never do better then 10 percent of total energy generation....If you seriously went to reduce co2 emissions without downright destroying the economy, you're going to have to go nuclear or something that is economical.:eusa_pray:

Yeah. You keep saying this for some reason. As if I am disputing the tip speed. Why don't you show us all you can figure it again, as if doing so will prove that you can't see 150' a turbine blade tip that is on a rotor spinning at 15 rpm.

Considering how you are convinced, solely by the fact that you can calculate the tip speed on a 300' rotor, that rotor blades can't be seen at 15 rpm; that such turbines are unavoidable poultry meat-grinders, I am certain you have never seen a wind farm.

Left wingers fight for "marxism" because they're not the brightest bulbs around.
This is just funny. This suggestion that wind energy is about Marxism or left wing politics.

They wouldn't understand that maybe those blades are moving really freaking fast...Fast enough to kill something that flies into one.
This is also a retarded assertion. No one ... not left wingers, not even Marxists are saying that a turbine blade tip, moving at 100+ mph couldn't kill something that flies into it.

Nobody is saying that here.

Also this green crap is all about weakening the US of A.
This is retarded on it's face. Entirely undefendable as any kind of sensible sentiment.

It will never do better then 10 percent of total energy generation....
That's 10% less dependence upon energy products from terrorist nation states. Which is the only thing you can mean when you say "this green crap is all about weakening the US of A."

If you seriously went to reduce co2 emissions without downright destroying the economy, you're going to have to go nuclear or something that is economical.:eusa_pray:
Yes. This CO2 business is certainly a specious argument for renewable energy technologies--wind included, but energy security is not. Energy security is a valid argument for developing domestic renewable energy resource infrastructure. As is developing distributed power generation. And sustainability is another argument for wind energy and other sustainable energy resources--and sustainability is an argument that neither nuclear or petroleum energy enjoys.

This "green crap," for those sufficiently perceptive and thoughtful, is very much about self sufficiency; it's about taking care yourself; it's about being responsible for your own actions; it's about paying your own bills. How is that Left Wing or Marxist in your mind?

Last edited:
Yeah. You keep saying this for some reason. As if I am disputing the tip speed. Why don't you show us all you can figure it again, as if doing so will prove that you can't see 150' a turbine blade tip that is on a rotor spinning at 15 rpm.

The fact that you are being so deceptive says a great deal about you. You say 15 rpm as if it were slow when the tips of those blades are actually moving in excess of 160 miles per hour.

Considering how you are convinced, solely by the fact that you can calculate the tip speed on a 300' rotor, that rotor blades can't be seen at 15 rpm; that such turbines are unavoidable poultry meat-grinders, I am certain you have never seen a wind farm.

The only thing you are certain of is nothing, and again with the decpetion. 15 rpm as if those blades are moving at a leisurely pace when in reality they are moving over 160 miles per hour. Have you ever seen 160 miles per hour up close? Of course not.

So we have established that you are dishonest and a marxist. What else does anyone need to know?

Last edited:

The fact that you are being so deceptive says a great deal about you.
I am not being deceptive. I have committed no deception.

You say 15 rpm as if it were slow when the tips of those blades are actually moving in excess of 160 miles per hour.
The tips are moving fast, the rotor is spinning slowly. 15 rpm IS spinning slowly; the fact that you refuse to acknowledge this obvious point of reality suggests you are obstinately retarded.

The only thing you are certain of is nothing, and again with the decpetion.
I am not being deceptive. You're just being retarded.

15 rpm as if those blades are moving at a leisurely pace when in reality they are moving over 160 miles per hour.
Only the tips are going that fast, retard. Why don't you calculate the blade speed 10' feet from the hub? Still going 160 mph? 15 rpm is pretty leisurely ... it's one revolution every 4 seconds.

Have you ever seen 160 miles per hour up close? Of course not.
Again, you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

So we have established that you are dishonest and a marxist. What else does anyone need to know?
No such thing has been established. You have just established that you're a retard. A retard in denial of reality; and a retard that flings baseless accusations at his intellectual superiors to console his retarded self esteem.

Are the rotors killing birds? Do a bit of honest research if you have it in you; which I doubt. Do you honestly think birds are flying into blades close enough to the rotor that they are easily seen? As I said, you are blatantly dishonest and every post you make further confirms it.

An acquaintance of mine is one of those radical environmentalists that most of you would absolutely hate.

He doesn't want anything build EVER.

Some of you will no doubt be shocked, but this guy ALSO hates windpower schemes.

He is very actively working against Maines windpower generators that are even now being built.

He keep filing legal papers hoping to slow down the development already underway.

ONE of his complaints, is the danger they represent to birds.

And as Maine is also considering building windmills in the gulf of Maine, he has also come up with an objection about them changing the current of the water, and therefore messing up the migratory patterns of the fishies.

So there you have an example the REAL LEFT, folks.

He hates most of the "environmental organizations" that most of you probably imagine would be his allies.

And, FWIW, they think he's a bigger pain in their ass them all the corporatists combined.

An acquaintance of mine is one of those radical environmentalists that most of you would absolutely hate.

He doesn't want anything build EVER.

Some of you will no doubt be shocked, but this guy ALSO hates windpower schemes.

He is very actively working against Maines windpower generators that are even now being built.

He keep filing legal papers hoping to slow down the development already underway.

ONE of his complaints, is the danger they represent to birds.

And as Maine is also considering building windmills in the gulf of Maine, he has also come up with an objection about them changing the current of the water, and therefore messing up the migratory patterns of the fishies.

So there you have an example the REAL LEFT, folks.

He hates most of the "environmental organizations" that most of you probably imagine would be his allies.

And, FWIW, they think he's a bigger pain in their ass them all the corporatists combined.

If his concern is birds and fish, then that would be a conservationist aspect of his personality, not environmentalist. He might be surprised to learn that that he has that conservationist streak in common with the majority of conservatives.

Are the rotors killing birds?
That's what you're saying.

Unless you've been saying this whole time that the towers have been killing the birds, or that the nacelle has been killing the birds; which would make your 160 mph ranting all the more retarded.

Do a bit of honest research if you have it in you; which I doubt.
Take your own advice retard. Nothing I've posted is in the least bit dishonest; unlike your bullshit cherry picking expeditions, and your fatuous denials about rate of rotation.

Do you honestly think birds are flying into blades close enough to the rotor that they are easily seen?
If the birds are not near enough to the rotor to get hit by the rotor, they are simply not being hit by the rotor then.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

As I said, you are blatantly dishonest and every post you make further confirms it.
No. You are blatantly and demonstrably dishonest, as well as ignorant of the subject upon which you are speaking. If you were honest, you'd admit that your entire raptor mortality argument is based upon data from the ONLY windfarm that experience those kinds of bird killings, and that EVERY OTHER windfarm in the country entirely refutes your point; if you had SOME idea of what you're talking about, you'd know that the turbine blades and the hub they are attached to ARE the rotor, and raptors hitting the rotor's blades is what you've been wringing your retarded hands about this whole time.

Unless you've been saying this whole time that the towers have been killing the birds, or that the nacelle has been killing the birds; which would make your 160 mph ranting all the more retarded.

And yet another instance of blinding ignorance on your part. At this point you should be embarassed to have ever suggested that you have actually stood on the nacelle of a wind turbine. Do you not even know what the parts of a wind turbine are?

large_Wind_Turbine.jpg

It is abundantly clear that you don't know jack and don't really warrant further discussion. Everything you say is just so much BS pulled out of your ass. Of course, you have your head in perfect position to see it and pick what you believe to be the most choice bits.

And yet another instance of blinding ignorance on your part. At this point you should be embarassed to have ever suggested that you have actually stood on the nacelle of a wind turbine. Do you not even know what the parts of a wind turbine are?

large_Wind_Turbine.jpg

It is abundantly clear that you don't know jack and don't really warrant further discussion. Everything you say is just so much BS pulled out of your ass. Of course, you have your head in perfect position to see it and pick what you believe to be the most choice bits.
I an not disputing that the hub, or the nosecone is part of the rotor you fucking retard. Your cherry-picking expedition to find the one image on the whole internet to fail to identify the rotor blades as part of the rotor must have taken you half the morning.

You could not have missed every other diagram of a wind turbine out there. You literally ignored every other image in the process of selecting the one you posted.

wind-power-horizontal.gif

wind_energy.jpg

wind_turbine_blades.gif

sweep-area.jpg

wt-components.jpg

Rotor:
The blades and the hub together are called the rotor.​

This last image, with it's description of what comprises the rotor, is the very first image offered when you google "wind turbine rotor."

What IS abundantly clear is that you are a deliberately ignorant and disingenuous cherry-picking retard. You are clearly in denial of reality, and you simply must project your own inadequacies upon others to console your retarded self esteem.

Last edited:
The sound an intellectually dishonest retard makes when his lack of intellectual integrity has been exposed: wirebender.

The sound an intellectually dishonest retard makes when his lack of intellectual integrity has been exposed: wirebender.

What IS abundantly clear is that you are a deliberately ignorant and disingenuous cherry-picking retard. You are clearly in denial of reality, and you simply must project your own inadequacies upon others to console your retarded self esteem.

When someone resorts to this sort of ad hominem name calling, I am confident that I have won. Thanks for playing.

When someone resorts to this sort of ad hominem name calling, ...
This is a classic example of pathological projection.

And this:
...I am confident that I have won.
Is a classic example of denial of reality.

Let's examine old wirebender's record of retarded and patently dishonest behavior here shall we?
AD-HOMINEM
In any event, you aren't credible.

I guess you are just another "ends justify the means" sort.

Your thinking processes are very shallow and your political convictions are very deep. A poor combination for anything other than a sheep.

Shuck off your sheep suit long enough to look around with an honest objective eye.

So we have established that you are dishonest and a marxist.

Do a bit of honest research if you have it in you; which I doubt.

As I said, you are blatantly dishonest and every post you make further confirms it.

And yet another instance of blinding ignorance on your part.

Do you not even know what the parts of a wind turbine are?

It is abundantly clear that you don't know jack ...

Everything you say is just so much BS pulled out of your ass.

CHERRY-PICKING
Isn't it interesting that an oil company would be fined for the death of a couple of dozen birds while wind farms apparently remain immune when they are killing birds and bats in the tens of thousands?

Oil companies charged in ND migratory bird deaths - BusinessWeek

Bird deaths present problem at wind farms - USATODAY.com

2000 raptors a year is signifigant considering that all of them are protected species.

DELIBERATE DENIAL OF REALITY
If you slow down the blades to the point that birds can avoid them, then you don't get any electricity.

I live next to a wind-farm ... I'm watching those dopey fans right now, and from personal experience I'm telling you that you have no idea what you're on about.

For someone who lives next to one, you seem to know precious little about them, don't you?

For someone who lives next to one, you seem to know precious little about them, don't you?

You certainly didn't know how fast they are moving, so I doubt that you know much else about them either.

The fact is that you seem to very little about windfarms and thier effect on bird and bat populations.

Have you ever seen what 300 miles per hour looks like up close? Of course not.

You look at wind turbines from hundreds of yards away and try to convince me that those blades are just creeping around blithely unaware that in fact, they are, in reality moving very quickly.

I dont project. No need. I am in posession of the facts.

You say 15 rpm as if it were slow when the tips of those blades are actually moving in excess of 160 miles per hour.

15 rpm as if those blades are moving at a leisurely pace when in reality they are moving over 160 miles per hour. Have you ever seen 160 miles per hour up close? Of course not.

Do you not even know what the parts of a wind turbine are?

PATHOLOGICAL PROJECTION
Any one who tries to justify the deaths of thousands of raptors per year in the name of an energy source that is a joke is trying to justify the means in the name of the ends.

Of course, you have your head in perfect position to see it and pick what you believe to be the most choice bits.

LIES
You have demonstrated very convincingly that you are in posession of no facts from the specifications of wind turbines to the number of birds and bats they kill.

The actual fact of the matter wirebender, is that you won nothing but the recognition you deserve for being a deliberately ignorant and disingenuous cherry-picking retard; who is clearly in denial of reality, and who simply must project his own inadequacies upon others to console his retarded self esteem.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back