Blatant Hypocricy of the Greens

Discussion in 'Environment' started by wirebender, Oct 3, 2011.

1. wirebender

wirebender Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
  2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Yes, it is interesting, I agree.

I continue to be unimpressed by the GREEN PARTY specifically and most "environmentalists" generally.

And I think of myself as both green and an environmentalist, too, so my lack of respect for most of these so called environmental organizations has nothing to do with my supporting the right wing POV.

3. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,418
    The funds spent by the oil and gas industries to comply with local, state, and federal environmental regulations is staggering.

4. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,448
  5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    The more I look into the 'Greens', the more red I see. Just like progressives have taken over the 'liberal' label, in my opinion the 'green' label is hiding the reds... Communists hiding behind the green agenda. A bunch of watermelons.... green on the outside, red on the inside.

6. LOki

LOki The Yaweh of Mischief

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Cats kill birds--literally--1000 times more frequently that wind turbines. CATS!:clap2:

Why aren't you all up in arms about the goddamned bird-slaughter that cats cause, and how their owners get off all scott free?

Seriously, if anyone should be getting fined over bird deaths, it should be cat owners.

This isn't about hypocrisy in a wind vs fossil debate ... it's really about how dumb birds are, and the fact that you can't slow something down enough so these stupid birds will stop hitting them. If the issue is bird-deaths, then hypocrisy lies in how those responsible for (by FAR) the greatest number of bird deaths are not held responsible at all--not that the wind energy industry is held less accountable than the fossil energy industry.

7. wirebender

wirebender Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    I dropped a 20 year old subscription to Autobon because of their silence on the issue.

While I am not a green, I am a very devoted environmentalist in the conservationist vein.

8. wirebender

wirebender Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Cats kill birds--literally--1000 times more frequently that wind turbines. CATS!:clap2:

Why aren't you all up in arms about the goddamned bird-slaughter that cats cause, and how their owners get off all scott free?[/quote]

Cats are a part of nature. Also, cats aren't killing raptors and bats.

If you slow down the blades to the point that birds can avoid them, then you don't get any electricity. The fact is that at the blade tip, the speed is approaching 100 mph.

9. LOki

LOki The Yaweh of Mischief

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Ok then. Windows--no more part of nature than a domestic cat--kill birds nearly 5000 times more frequently than wind turbines.

You are entirely wrong. The blade tip may be going 100 mph in some winds (the kind of winds birds and bats don't fly in), but these grid utility scale turbines are only spinning ~ 15-30 rpm.

I live next to a wind-farm ... I'm watching those dopey fans right now, and from personal experience I'm telling you that you have no idea what you're on about. Particularly the part about killing the birds and bats. Just about everything else kills birds at a greater rate than wind turbines.

10. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,448
    do you think recompense on the order of a million bucks a year would presuade someone to continue giving the story people are willing to pay to hear?