Blast in Gaza kills 7 Hamas blames Israel

dread

Mar 5, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
BEIT LAHIYA, Gaza Strip - An explosion flattened a house in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, killing seven people. After blaming Israel and unleashing a barrage of rockets and mortars, Hamas suggested the blast was accidental, not an Israeli attack.

The statement was taken as a Hamas acknowledgment that the blast was probably accidental, not an Israeli attack. Dozens of militants have been killed while handing explosives in recent years.

The blast shook the town of Beit Lahiya in northern Gaza, about a mile from the Israeli border.

Ambulances rushed to the scene, and residents of nearby homes brought shovels and bulldozers to help dig people out. Three people covered in blood were carried out on stretchers and hurried into ambulances that sped them away to a hospital.

Hamas said seven people were killed, including a 4-month-old girl and a senior aide to the Hamas interior minister. Several bodies were removed from the rubble. Among the dead were five militants, Hamas said.

Israeli envoy returns without Gaza truce deal - Yahoo! News

I am sure the terrorist apologistas will claim it an Israel conspiracy somehow.

BEIT LAHIYA, Gaza Strip - An explosion flattened a house in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, killing seven people. After blaming Israel and unleashing a barrage of rockets and mortars, Hamas suggested the blast was accidental, not an Israeli attack.

The statement was taken as a Hamas acknowledgment that the blast was probably accidental, not an Israeli attack. Dozens of militants have been killed while handing explosives in recent years.

The blast shook the town of Beit Lahiya in northern Gaza, about a mile from the Israeli border.

Ambulances rushed to the scene, and residents of nearby homes brought shovels and bulldozers to help dig people out. Three people covered in blood were carried out on stretchers and hurried into ambulances that sped them away to a hospital.

Hamas said seven people were killed, including a 4-month-old girl and a senior aide to the Hamas interior minister. Several bodies were removed from the rubble. Among the dead were five militants, Hamas said.

Israeli envoy returns without Gaza truce deal - Yahoo! News

I am sure the terrorist apologistas will claim it an Israel conspiracy somehow.

I seem to be somehow lacking completely in any sympathy for them.

tsk, tsk, tsk...

And they still wonder why enraged arabs turn thousands of american workers into ground meat from time to time...

I wonder how many of my fellow Americans, those of us who cannot even begin to understand the Palestinain position, and have no sympathy for those Palestinians who are still fighting for their homeland, if you all would roll over and play dead if your nation had been invaded, your families stripped of their rights and their property, your futures and those of your children were destroyed?

What would you do, if that was your history? What would you do if your every day life was to be disenfranchised and treated as prisoners, shoved into slums and camps, and systematically starved into submission by the invaders, chums?

Would you all give up, roll over and watch your children die?

I ask the above questions because that is what some of you seem to expect from the Palestinian people, you know.

You expect them to just give up and accept that they are beaten.

Ain't gonna happen, you know.

Arabs have been repelling Europe invaders since the crusades, and besides, they have no place to go.

Even cornered rats fight back when they have no choice, folks.

Originally posted by editec
I wonder how many of my fellow Americans, those of us who cannot even begin to understand the Palestinain position, and have no sympathy for those Palestinians who are still fighting for their homeland, if you all would roll over and play dead if your nation had been invaded, your families stripped of their rights and their property, your futures and those of your children were destroyed?

What would you do, if that was your history? What would you do if your every day life was to be disenfranchised and treated as prisoners, shoved into slums and camps, and systematically starved into submission by the invaders, chums?

Would you all give up, roll over and watch your children die?

I ask the above questions because that is what some of you seem to expect from the Palestinian people, you know.

You expect them to just give up and accept that they are beaten.

Ain't gonna happen, you know.

Arabs have been repelling Europe invaders since the crusades, and besides, they have no place to go.

Even cornered rats fight back when they have no choice, folks.

What a brave american you are, editec.

The world desperately needs americans, jews and palestinians like you.

Courageous people who are not afraid to say no to the dehumanisation from all sides of the conflict and reafirm the FULL HUMANITY of jews and palestinians alike.

Brave americans, jews and paletinians who insist on ethical consistency and strongly assert the right of the jewish and palestinian people to share their common homeland in a unitary, democratic and secular state.

Presenting the war on terrorism as a conflict between the West and the Muslim world is a gross misrepresentation of the conflict.

It is in fact a struggle between those who believe in democracy, secularism and racial equality (westerners, jews, arabs, asians, etc...) against all the values Israel, Saudi Arabia and Iran stand for: authoritarianism, theocracy and ethnic supremacism.

The peaceful dismantlement of Israel and the democratisation of Palestine would bring a tremendous amount of goodwill towards and United States and the West in general.

It would undoubtedly help defeat islamic fundamentalism, undermine all the dictatorships in the Middle East and give a huge boost to democracy in that region.

I do not recall Americans blowing up women and children in the revolutionary war, the war of 1812 or even the Civil War, perhaps you could enlighten me on when those acts occurred during those wars?

Fighting an occupier or enemy does NOT give you the right to murder their children and families. That you two think it does speaks volumes for your lack of compassion and caring.

Courageous people who are not afraid to say no to the dehumanisation from all sides of the conflict and reafirm the FULL HUMANITY of jews and palestinians alike.

It takes no courage to recognize that both the Palestinians and the Israelis are screwed until they find a way to live together, Jose.

It merely takes a recognition of the long and sad history of that land.

While I believe that the existence of Israel as a colony for Euopean Jewery was a collosal mistake, I also recognize that NOW, the Israelis have no place to go, just as the Palestinians they displaced still have no place to go.

But when you've still got millions of people crammed into camps, or crammed into the most densely populated land on earth, when you take people's houses destroy their ability to make a living and treat them like animinals, one can hardly be surrpised when they fight back with whatever means at their disposal.

Until the Israeli Jews acknowledge that they were interlopers, and until they pay the Palestinians for their past transgressions and land theft, and until the Palestinians have some truly viable means to survive on whatever share the land they are allowed to take back, this insanity will go on.

We can bitch and whine about how the Palestinians kill innocents and I'll agree with that complaint completely. It's disgusting and vile.

But unless the West is willing to acknowledge that the Israeli have killed far more innocent Palestinians, either overtly with bombs and modern weapons that we gave them, or coverty by economic warfare, then there is really no hope whatever that this mess is ever going to be resolved peacefully.

Eventually, if this continues, some Palestinian or Palestinian sympathizer is going to get their hands of some weapon of mass destruction and they are going to take out Tel Aviv

When they do, them everybody is going to lose in Israel and Palestine, and possibly the whole damned world if it escalates beyond those borders.

Those people won't give up because we offer them no real reason TO give up.

Desperate people are prone to taking desperate chances when they've got nothing to lose.

Last edited:
Fighting an occupier or enemy does NOT give you the right to murder their children and families.

Fighting to take over somebody's land does NOT give you the right to murder their children and families either, gunny, yet that is exactly what is being done every day to the Palestinians.

Are you denying that the Isrealis have been murdering Palestinian women and children either as collatoral damage or more cruelly (but more effectively) by economic warfare?

I mean are you really denying that the Palestinians have been killed at rates ten times that of the Israelis?

Not that the death of any innocents of either side is justified, but for goodness sakes, man, don't let your prejudice for the Israli position cloud your judgement.

Fighting to take over somebody's land does NOT give you the right to murder their children and families either, gunny, yet that is exactly what is being done every day to the Palestinians.

Are you denying that the Isrealis have been murdering Palestinian women and children either as collatoral damage or more cruelly (but more effectively) by economic warfare?

I mean are you really denying that the Palestinians have been killed at rates ten times that of the Israelis?

Not that the death of any innocents of either side is justified, but for goodness sakes, man, don't let your prejudice for the Israli position cloud your judgement.

As a matter of fact I DO DENY your spurious claim.

As a matter of fact I DO DENY your spurious claim.

Okay. Denial is always one foolproof way to deal with objections that you can't overcome by facts or logic.

Given that you deny the historical reality of the Israeli conflict, gunny, (one that the historic record and the dailypapers document pretty clearly) there's really very little common ground upon which we can have a rational discussion about this subject, then.

If you ever want to have a reality based discussion about this subject, let me know.

Okay. Denial is always one foolproof way to deal with objections that you can't overcome by facts or logic.

Given that you deny the historical reality of the Israeli conflict, gunny, (one that the historic record and the dailypapers document pretty clearly) there's really very little common ground upon which we can have a rational discussion about this subject, then.

If you ever want to have a reality based discussion about this subject, let me know.

How dense are you? What part of HAMAS killed their own people DONT you get? It WASNT EVEN the Israelis?

And yet here you are BLAMING!

How dense are you? What part of HAMAS killed their own people DONT you get? It WASNT EVEN the Israelis?

And yet here you are BLAMING!

NO NO, the Israels are to blame cause they FORCED those guys to build bombs to try and murder Israeli children and women. They FORCED them to use a house in the middle of a civilian city. Don't you get it? Everything is Israelis fault, simply for existing? A child dies in palestine, some Israeli caused it. A terrorist fires a rocket from a roof top and the Israelis are to blame when the house is blown up. A terrorist's family supports and defends the terrorist and the Israelis are to blame when their house is bulldozed. A terrorist opens fire on Israelis from a crowd and it is the Israelis fault they kill some "innocent" civilians defending themselves. And the best one of all, it is the Israelis fault that they killed that poor freedom loving terrorist BEFORE he could detonate himself in a crowd of women and children.

NO NO, the Israels are to blame cause they FORCED those guys to build bombs to try and murder Israeli children and women. They FORCED them to use a house in the middle of a civilian city. Don't you get it? Everything is Israelis fault, simply for existing? A child dies in palestine, some Israeli caused it. A terrorist fires a rocket from a roof top and the Israelis are to blame when the house is blown up. A terrorist's family supports and defends the terrorist and the Israelis are to blame when their house is bulldozed. A terrorist opens fire on Israelis from a crowd and it is the Israelis fault they kill some "innocent" civilians defending themselves. And the best one of all, it is the Israelis fault that they killed that poor freedom loving terrorist BEFORE he could detonate himself in a crowd of women and children.

Well...If THAT is the case then I will start blaming Editec FOR EVERYTHING...Simply because I think he is a fuck wad!

Face it folks, those in power in Israel and the Hamas and everyone else in the area thrive on the conflict. Without it, what would they be?? Who would need them? As long as someone can come up with some excuse to hate someone else you need someone to show you how to fight them and that makes you a hero, a leader, (which is not a bad way to get chicks either).
These people have more excuses to hate each other than anyone on the planet and ninety nine percent of it is based on superstition.
Personally, I'm fed up with all of them. I don't care who stole what from who, who dissed who, who called who a bad name. It's shear stupidity in action.

Face it folks, those in power in Israel and the Hamas and everyone else in the area thrive on the conflict. Without it, what would they be?? Who would need them? As long as someone can come up with some excuse to hate someone else you need someone to show you how to fight them and that makes you a hero, a leader, (which is not a bad way to get chicks either).
These people have more excuses to hate each other than anyone on the planet and ninety nine percent of it is based on superstition.
Personally, I'm fed up with all of them. I don't care who stole what from who, who dissed who, who called who a bad name. It's shear stupidity in action.

That's simply NOT true...The Jews would be just fine on their own. Now as for the Palestinians that dont know how to build a thriving economy if it bit them on the ass. Do you EVEN know how much money has been given to the Palestinians? Do you EVEN know how much money has been given SPECIFICALLY by Israel TO the Palestinians only to be used to buy MORE ammo and rockets to kill Israel?

oh but the zionists aren't racist.. noooope.

Hey Dread.. why dontcha mozy on over to my latest thread about jews taking a fucking club to an elderly goatfarmer and make some more brilliant fucking observations, eh buddy?

oh but the zionists aren't racist.. noooope.

Hey Dread.. why dontcha mozy on over to my latest thread about jews taking a fucking club to an elderly goatfarmer and make some more brilliant fucking observations, eh buddy?

What does that have anything to do with what the thread is about? There are no observations...Just fatcs that Israel gives millions of dollars to Palestine and Palestine tries to kill them...

Or are you saying that you support that kind of hypocracy?

Originally posted by dread
What does that have anything to do with what the thread is about? There are no observations...Just fatcs that Israel gives millions of dollars to Palestine and Palestine tries to kill them...

Or are you saying that you support that kind of hypocracy?

How nice of the israeli government!!

Following the “honorable example” of the US government distributing disease-free blankets to the indian reservations and spraying bullets at anyone who dared to leave the god forsaken territories.

Or South Africa’s example, “investing” in Ciskei, Transkei and all the other pseudo republics and, at the same time, arresting every single black South African who tried to “immigrate illegally” to South Africa.

Presenting the token handouts of a racist state as evidence that the said state is the benefactor of the discriminated ethnic group, rather than its oppressor, is cynicism of the highest order, dread.

You obviously did NOT READ what I wrote about that conflict, did you?

I understand that some people here have enormous affection and loyalty to Isreal, and want to ignore any of the facts which suggest that their team is ALSO is killing innocent people.

All I can do is remind them that the Palestinian AND the Israeli people are BOTH trapped in a desperate situation, a situation which is largely the result of the creation of the State of Israel over the objections of the people who already occupied that land, and that desperate people do terrible and desperate things.

If you expect me to be morally outraged when Palestinains do terrible things to Israelis, but to applaude when the Isreal do equally terrible things to Palestinians, you are bound to be disappointed with me and my position about this blood-drenched conflict.

My sympathy goes out to the innocent civilians of BOTH SIDES who find themselves trapped in this ongoing war over that land.

My contempt goes to those who are so blinded by partisanship and race hatred that they're ignoring the obvious fact that both sides are murdering innocents in the name of their respective gods.

The Jews and the Arabs partisans are their own people's worst enemies.

Those on either side who would rather kill than find a peaceful solution to this complex problem simply do not get my respect.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back