Blasphemy!

Larsky

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2016
DuPage County
Weather is raw and windy here in Illinois. So I'm doing St. Louis ribs in the (GASP) crockpot.
Apply rub, place ribs in pot on edge against the side of pot, low 8 hrs, sauce and finish on grill or broiler. Aside from the lack of smoke, I've been told they are fall off the bone good. We shall see.

Updates to follow...

Weather is raw and windy here in Illinois. So I'm doing St. Louis ribs in the (GASP) crockpot.
Apply rub, place ribs in pot on edge against the side of pot, low 8 hrs, sauce and finish on grill or broiler. Aside from the lack of smoke, I've been told they are fall off the bone good. We shall see.

Updates to follow...

I've done em that way.
They're decent but they are lacking in that grilled flavor.

Subbed for results.

Gah! I gotta $5 upright smoker, I don't understand how it works. I saw a guy had one of them sideways smokers he got from Wally world for $40. I know how to work one of those. Keep the wood in the sidebox and 7-8 hrs. I got some Hickory I saved from way back.

Subbed for results.

Gah! I gotta $5 upright smoker, I don't understand how it works. I saw a guy had one of them sideways smokers he got from Wally world for $40. I know how to work one of those. Keep the wood in the sidebox and 7-8 hrs. I got some Hickory I saved from way back.

Is the upright one of these?
a2709cbea848b789a938fbba910f2efe.jpg

Subbed for results.

Subbed for results.

Uprights work well. Is there not a partition between the fire and rack?

Subbed for results.

PM
Subbed for results.

Water pan.
They do work pretty well. Cooked a bunch of turkey's on em before getting my Pitts and Spitts stick burner.

Subbed for results.

Subbed for results.

I'm an ignorant cracker. It was $5, could not pass it up.

Subbed for results.

Is the upright one of these?
a2709cbea848b789a938fbba910f2efe.jpg

Yeah, but charcoal/wood.

Updates to follow...

I did some in the pressure cooker in a similar fashion. Pressure cooked them for an hour, and then put them on the grill. The only real issue was they were more greasy than usual. BUT they were tender.

Updates to follow...

I did some in the pressure cooker in a similar fashion. Pressure cooked them for an hour, and then put them on the grill. The only real issue was they were more greasy than usual. BUT they were tender.

About the only meat I like in a crock pot or pressure cooker is a beef roast.

Updates to follow...

Oh! I get them beef ribs and put them in a pressure cooker. bring to pressure for about 20 minutes, cut off, remove bones, then add taters, carrots, onion, and celery. Then bring to pressure for 10 minutes then cut off. Makes a fine Beef stew. The real trick is making a roux at the end and gravying it.

Updates to follow...

Oh! I get them beef ribs and put them in a pressure cooker. bring to pressure for about 20 minutes, cut off, remove bones, then add taters, carrots, onion, and celery. Then bring to pressure for 10 minutes then cut off. Makes a fine Beef stew.

I could see that.

We Went To A Chain Steak House
Got BBQ Ribs As One Of The Appetizers
When The Manager Visited Our Table
My Wife Announced 'Those Are Pressure Cooked'
The Manager Didn't Dis-Agree

I'm Glad We Went There For Steaks
Just Sayin'...

[

I make a Chili Verde in the pressure cooker that is second to none. Throw in a quart of chicken stock, a pork picnic roast, 10 Anaheim chilies, 4 jalapenos, 2 tomatillos , salt and pepper. Pressure cook for an hour and it is fall off the bone with an awesome green chili. I love my Instapot.

Meh. They were tender, but had no soul. Tasted like they were from a cheap buffet.

Thats been my experience.
I'm into reverse sear steaks and other cuts. Put em in the oven at 225 and pull it when it's just short of your finished temp.
Wipe em dry with some paper towels and sear the shit out of em.
You get the tender with the sear.

Forum List

Back