Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is the only unforgivable sin? What is it?

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is the only unforgivable sin. What is it?

Read this in a dictionary of Scripture and myth. No name was attributed to the author.

BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST :—

A symbol of the turning away from the means of salvation.

" Whosoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world nor in that which is to come."— MAT. xii. 32.

This is the attempt which must always be unsuccessful (hence there can be really no blasphemy) to substitute for the living Spirit the dead letter of convention and authority. This attempt is made, not only by theologian and ecclesiastical formalists, but by all men who do not live in accordance with the Divine guidance within them, who do not take up what is committed to them to spiritually profit by, and who fail to accept the Holy Spirit as it comes to them to become the sustaining power in their daily lives. There is much of this incipient blasphemy, for which there can be no forgiveness and no remitting, since there can be no substitute for the Holy Spirit which is the means of the soul's evolution. Until the atma-buddhic vibrations are allowed to permeate the lower nature, and so raise it, there can be no salvation for the soul.

Read this in a dictionary of Scripture and myth. No name was attributed to the author.

" Whosoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world nor in that which is to come."— MAT. xii. 32.

This is the attempt which must always be unsuccessful (hence there can be really no blasphemy) to substitute for the living Spirit the dead letter of convention and authority. This attempt is made, not only by theologian and ecclesiastical formalists, but by all men who do not live in accordance with the Divine guidance within them, who do not take up what is committed to them to spiritually profit by, and who fail to accept the Holy Spirit as it comes to them to become the sustaining power in their daily lives. There is much of this incipient blasphemy, for which there can be no forgiveness and no remitting, since there can be no substitute for the Holy Spirit which is the means of the soul's evolution. Until the atma-buddhic vibrations are allowed to permeate the lower nature, and so raise it, there can be no salvation for the soul.

No, to slander the Holy Spirit is to denounce a revelation of truth from God as evil.

No, to slander the Holy Spirit is to denounce a revelation of truth from God as evil.

I doubt a revelation of truth through the Holy Spirit could be interpreted as evil hobelim.

I doubt a revelation of truth through the Holy Spirit could be interpreted as evil hobelim.

I agree, but according to the story that's exactly what happened to Jesus.

He came and did what no other man could do except the awaited messiah by revealing the hidden wisdom and teaching of the law that could have only come to him from God..

As obvious as the revelation is, many people still revile it as of evil origin. To dismiss Jesus as crazy is one thing but to suggest that his teaching was of an evil origin is another matter entirely especially after the undeniable healing of those who were touched by his words.

Last edited:

He came and did what no other man could do except the awaited messiah by revealing the hidden wisdom and teaching of the law that could have only come to him from God..

As obvious as the revelation is, many people still revile it as of evil origin.

From my post.

This is the attempt which must always be unsuccessful (hence there can be really no blasphemy) to substitute for the living Spirit the dead letter of convention and authority.

I think this explained it perfectly.

Just the opposite Breeze. King David took a life and God considered David the apple of His eye. Because of David's remorse.
no scriptures required.
you're walking on water Ram.

taking someone's life (that) can not be restored is an unforgivable sin - that's why after pg 1 I would not read further your book to avoid the sin of believing those fallacies and the same as your king david. .

Having never read it disqualifies you from commenting on it. You literally have no idea what you are talking about.
Moses took a life, David did, scores were killed in battle. God sees this life differently than we do. Death to us is the end. To God it is the beginning of your eternal life.

From my post.

This is the attempt which must always be unsuccessful (hence there can be really no blasphemy) to substitute for the living Spirit the dead letter of convention and authority.

From my post.

I'm glad you are happy with it but I really don't see how that explains anything.

The only people guilty of the unforgivable sin of blasphemy against the Holy spirit are those who blaspheme against the holy spirit because there really is a sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit..

And according to the story people did exactly that. They preferred the dead letter of convention over the living spirit of the word.

"Here lies the test; The light has come into the world but men preferred darkness to light because their deeds were evil."

according to Jesus some things can never be forgiven such as receiving the fulfillment of thousands of years of messianic expectations and the generational promise of God to millions and millions of the faithful departed only to reject it and despise it as evil.

Last edited:
Just the opposite Breeze. King David took a life and God considered David the apple of His eye. Because of David's remorse.
no scriptures required.
you're walking on water Ram.

taking someone's life (that) can not be restored is an unforgivable sin - that's why after pg 1 I would not read further your book to avoid the sin of believing those fallacies and the same as your king david. .

Having never read it disqualifies you from commenting on it. You literally have no idea what you are talking about.
Moses took a life, David did, scores were killed in battle. God sees this life differently than we do. Death to us is the end. To God it is the beginning of your eternal life.

I would rather write it than be like you and most christians as history proves the point, there are other ways to know what is in that book.

all one needs to know, were the lives taken in self defense ... otherwise it is an unforgivable offense, you should know that Ram the killer is irrelevant to the crime.

... Another way to blaspheme the Holy Spirit is to live in a state of sin, and refuse to repent.

That is why Catholics who divorce and remarry cannot receive Communion. They are living in a state of sin, and they are refusing to repent from that sin, and therefore cannot go to confession and make their souls proper vessels to receive Communion. ...

You are wrong. The sin is in this case not to marry again after an divorce. (It's by the way impossible to marry two times in a catholic ritual - but that's another theme). It's exactly in the other way: A Catholic who is convinced he should marry again and is not doing so, because he lives in fear of Clerics of the own church, would make something wrong. Let me say it with the words of the Dalai Lama: "Learn the rules, so you know very clear when you have to break the rules."

It's even possible that some of the Clerics misuse ideas about marriage to do a sin against the holy spirit by excluding intentionally people from the community with all other people in the catholic church who are much more holy than they are themselve on their own. I'm sure to be remarried diaqualifies no one. It's a sign of hope, that's all.

Last edited:

I looked up Judas, and this led to links asking if Judas blasphemed the Holy Spirit when he betrayed Jesus.

That misses the point entirely.

Judas did not blaspheme the Holy Spirit when he betrayed Jesus. For that, he could have simply gone to Jesus and been forgiven. Jesus forgave all the other men who participated in his crucifixion, so Judas could easily have been forgiven.

But Judas despaired. He did not believe he could be forgiven, so he did not seek forgiveness, instead he killed himself. In despair and suicide, Judas blasphemed the Holy Spirit. ...

I dont't know who made the story about his suicide. Without Judas no crucifix. Without crucifix no church. Without church no one would know what the Jew Jesus said about a sin against the holy spirit and the forgiveness of sins. Anyway it's completly unimportant what you think about sins of people who are dead. Where's an alternative? You are not Jesus. He has the last word.

Last edited:

I looked up Judas, and this led to links asking if Judas blasphemed the Holy Spirit when he betrayed Jesus.

Judas did not blaspheme the Holy Spirit when he betrayed Jesus. For that, he could have simply gone to Jesus and been forgiven. Jesus forgave all the other men who participated in his crucifixion, so Judas could easily have been forgiven.

But Judas despaired. He did not believe he could be forgiven, so he did not seek forgiveness, instead he killed himself. In despair and suicide, Judas blasphemed the Holy Spirit. ...

I dont't know who made the story about his suicide. Without Judas no crucifix. Without crucifix no church. Without church no one would know what the Jew Jesus said about a sin against the holy spirit and the forgiveness of sins. Anyway it's completly unimportant what you think about sins of people who are dead. Where's an alternative? You are not Jesus. He has the last word.

There were several occasions when Jesus was almost grabbed by the Jewish leaders. It just was not His time. If Jesus was not kissed by Judas, He would have been seized on the street. It was just a matter of God's perfect timing.

according to Jesus some things can never be forgiven such as receiving the fulfillment of thousands of years of messianic expectations and the generational promise of God to millions and millions of the faithful departed only to reject it and despise it as evil.

Yes according to the Greco/Roman version.

Last edited:

There were several occasions when Jesus was almost grabbed by the Jewish leaders.

Jesus was executed from the Romans because they said he likes to be the "king of the Jews" = a rebell against the will of Rome. So how are you able to call them "jewish leaders"? "Roman spitlickers" would be a better expression.

It just was not His time.

Is a time which is not the time of god?

If Jesus was not kissed by Judas, He would have been seized on the street. It was just a matter of God's perfect timing.

"Perfect timing" is perhaps only an interesting nail for the king of the Jews. God came to the world into his creation. Who knows human beings know what they will do with their creator:

a) We will honor him on a golden throne.
b) We will crucify him like a criminal.

What do you think will we do? And in case your answer is b): Who is able to help us not to do what we will do although we know what we will do?

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back