BLANKLEY: Obama lied; the economy died

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
I am trying to capture the spirit of bipartisanship as practiced by the Democratic Party over the last eight years.

Thus, I have chosen as my lead, the proposition: Obama lied; the economy died. Obviously, I am borrowing this from the Democratic Party theme of 2003-08: "Bush lied, people died." There are, of course, two differences between the two slogans.

Most importantly, I chose to separate the two clauses with a semicolon rather than a coma because the rule of grammar is that a semicolon rather than a coma) should be used between closely related independent clauses not conjoined with a coordinating conjunction. In the age of Barack Obama, there is little more important than maintaining the integrity of our language - against the onslaught of Orwellian language abuse that is already a babbling brook, and will soon be a cataract of verbal deception.

The other difference is that George W. Bush didn't lie about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. He was merely mistaken. Whereas President Obama told a whopper last week when he claimed he was not for bigger government. As he said Tuesday night: "As soon as I took office, I asked this Congress to send me a recovery plan by President's Day that would put people back to work and put money in their pockets. Not because I believe in bigger government - I don't."

Washington Times - BLANKLEY: Obama lied; the economy died

:eusa_eh:

I am trying to capture the spirit of bipartisanship as practiced by the Democratic Party over the last eight years.

Thus, I have chosen as my lead, the proposition: Obama lied; the economy died. Obviously, I am borrowing this from the Democratic Party theme of 2003-08: "Bush lied, people died." There are, of course, two differences between the two slogans.

Most importantly, I chose to separate the two clauses with a semicolon rather than a coma because the rule of grammar is that a semicolon rather than a coma) should be used between closely related independent clauses not conjoined with a coordinating conjunction. In the age of Barack Obama, there is little more important than maintaining the integrity of our language - against the onslaught of Orwellian language abuse that is already a babbling brook, and will soon be a cataract of verbal deception.

The other difference is that George W. Bush didn't lie about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. He was merely mistaken. Whereas President Obama told a whopper last week when he claimed he was not for bigger government. As he said Tuesday night: "As soon as I took office, I asked this Congress to send me a recovery plan by President's Day that would put people back to work and put money in their pockets. Not because I believe in bigger government - I don't."

Damn Willow, you should get a copyright on that saying. Good chance of becoming an instant millionaire. Can I have exclusive rights to print the bumper stickers?

The only person who lied about WMD was Saddam.

And EVERYONE took him at his word.

RAFLMAO!! That's right... we should listen to the same people who've been wrong for the past eight years. :lol:

You guys are too funny....

this has to be getting tough for you Jillian. Even presented with your guys own words you still have to use the response of your average two year old.

WAKE THE FUCK UP. He isn't telling you to listen to us. He's telling you to listen to Obama and evaluate what he says vs. what he does.

Last edited:

that isn't quite true.....richard clarke and gerogre tennat....two clinton apointees who were attacked no less than six times both said saddam had wmds and that is was a slam dunk .....

that isn't quite true.....richard clarke and gerogre tennat....two clinton apointees who were attacked no less than six times both said saddam had wmds and that is was a slam dunk .....

They were duped by Saddam also. Saddam wanted everyone to think he had WMD, even though he had mostly complied with the UN sanctions. He never figured we'd actually come after him. In part, his reasoning for doing so probably had to do with his fear of another war with Iran. That, and he liked to talk big.

Excuse me, but you seem to like to overlook all the Kurds gassed to death compliments of Saddam and Chemical Ali. Iraq had WMD. Unfortunately, the U.S. gave them ample time to whisk them away. Man, you people are really in denial and miss the obvious.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back