Blaming the homeowners for their own ignorance!

actually, if you stop and think about this for a moment, your bill go up to 20,000 cause half of American households don't pay taxes..

now I'm really feeling all warm and fuzzy.

actually, if you stop and think about this for a moment, your bill go up to 20,000 cause half of American households don't pay taxes..

now I'm really feeling all warm and fuzzy.

Think of it as a $1 contribution toward 20,000 people's houses :D

There, now that's better isn't it? You'd give a guy a buck to make his mortgage wouldn't you?

TRUE victims are not. These shits that you want to protect should be punished. They're just as responsible for fucking everything up for everyone else as the lenders, if not moreso. And you know who's going to have to pay for it? We are. In addition to my own fucking house, I'm going to have to pay for someone elses that I don't even know, because they were too god damned stupid and greedy.
you are such a bitter woman shattered, if you are one?

I said IF they were victims, they should not be punished because they were the victim of the scam in several posts now...only people like you, that don't take the time to read, would be so blatently a b*tch and rude to the core....

The lenders were in no way, shape or form, the victims in this mess....not ONE of them were.....they were smart, they did have the colledge educations in business and finance and risk management knowledge and apparently in scamming too, but you call them EQUAL to the uninformed, to those who trusted and believed our american safeguards and agency would keep them from being taken advantage of...it's not like the ones i am talking about didn't pay their mortgages, they did pay them, until their payments raised in to the sky with the adjustable rates then they got behind....and helping these people in to a fixed rate mortgage IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO IF THERE IS GOING TO BE MONEY HANDED OUT of ours and that's a big if ....that isn't bailing them out, they are still going to have a mortgage but it will be at a fixed rate instead of the through the roof adjustable rate.

seems like helping these people would help the banks, by the banks having fewer foreclosures, and as said, it is the only thing that will help existing homeowners out, by stopping the spiral down in their home values....

i have NEVER stated that ALL of the adustable rate mortgage owners are victims...but SOME are victims and fraud did take place in this mess which is WELL DOCUMENTED....

sorry to get you in such an uproar shattered to get the curse words rolling! sheesh, you are like a chiwawa!!! deep breaths and exhale....

care

is this a RULE CHANGE or yours midstream?

VICTIMS are not punished by the justice system, why do you recommend a change now dillo, because these were the disadvantaged? :confused:

Rule change ?? :confused:
Since when can you buy something, discover you can't afford it and have someone else be forced to pay for it for you ?

Rule change ?? :confused:
Since when can you buy something, discover you can't afford it and have someone else be forced to pay for it for you ?

what exactly do you think you would be forced to pay for them? getting them in to a conventional mortgage vs the adjustable mortgage? they would still be paying their mortgage themselves, you wouldn't be paying it....did you think you would be paying for their mortgage or something?

I am not talking about those homeowners that took advantage of the situation....no help for them, we are talking about the ones where fraud might have taken place....

VICTIMS of this crisis, not perpetrators of the crisis....as with all other victims, they are NOT to be blamed...

Do you blame the little old man or lady who sent all of his money off to the telephone scammer just because someone fraudulently lead them astray or do you charge the perp with the crime?

$700 Billion more to save bondholders, who were getting paid to take a risk, but nothing for the homeowners, not only those who overpaid and over extended themselves, but the no help for the homeowners who aren't in trouble either.

When the homeowners in trouble go down, they take the value of the homeowners who aren't in trobuble down with them.

So typical.

And people try to tell me its hyberbole when I say this nation is conducting an undeclared class war?

What does it take to wake people up?

Last edited:
We are going down no matter what. Spin it any way you want but the homeowners who thought they were getting something for nuttin are to blame. If they were'nt there with their hands out grabbing for all this easy money then we wouldn't be asked to bail their sorry asses out. Plain and simple. Victims my ass.

what exactly do you think you would be forced to pay for them? getting them in to a conventional mortgage vs the adjustable mortgage? they would still be paying their mortgage themselves, you wouldn't be paying it....did you think you would be paying for their mortgage or something?

I am not talking about those homeowners that took advantage of the situation....no help for them, we are talking about the ones where fraud might have taken place....

VICTIMS of this crisis, not perpetrators of the crisis....as with all other victims, they are NOT to be blamed...

Do you blame the little old man or lady who sent all of his money off to the telephone scammer just because someone fraudulently lead them astray or do you charge the perp with the crime?

You tell me---just what would that enormous amount of money be paying for if it's not helping them pay for their homes ?

Telephone scams-----apples and oranges.

...And if you are a brain dead liberal fuck who can't understand it, then hire an adviser for $200 to look over it... $200 ain't much when you are dealing with say a $200K investment...

I never said that I was a brain dead liberal fuck who couldn't get enough of a handle on what kind of mortgage I was buying, I am a fairly conservative brain dead fuck and I the only time I ever used and ARM I was very nervous for the 14 months that I owned it.

That being said, all I was saying is that there is a big enough problem here that the consumer is not the only party to be in the wrong.

Sure! Capitalism requires that the buyer beware, but does that mean we allow entrepreneurs to say and do anything to separate people from their money? Of course not!

Like it or not, government tells us what we can and can't buy and sell. Because of that, people expect some degree of protection from the government in the marketplace. especially when the paperwork is so complicated.

With 3/4 of a trillion dollars involved, stupid consumers had serious and substantial help driving this train off the tracks.

-Joe

No...I didn't mean that at all....Legal documents are confusing to the layman....thats why we hire lawyers...its HIS DUTY to protect your interests and not let you sign any document that is other than what is considered normal operating procedure in the field....and that is your protection...you can claim he did not do his duty in protecting your interests....
You don't need to fully understand the legalities ..... its the lawyers job to make you aware of what he thinks might be out of the ordinary....or not in your best interests and advise you accordingly....

Your concern should be your ability to honor the agreement

In my opinion, any system that requires the services of a professional paperwork handler to obtain ownership of personal shelter is an elitist system.

-Joe

We refinanced our previous VA mortgage that was at 8.5% down to 5.12% in a 7 year fixed, ARM....we did this, because we KNEW we would be selling our home in about 4 years and the lower ARM would save us some money in the mean time....and were very, very fortunate to have sold it for a profit nearing 2 years ago.

Where we are hurting now, is the new home we bought here in Maine, has reduced greatly in value since we bought it, cash.

So, even though we do not have a mortgage now for this home, we have lost tens of thousands of dollars in our home's value in just 2 years, so it hits pretty hard in the gut....

AND NONE OF THIS is our fault, but the fault of others that gambled, both banks and homewoners, and now, not only do i have to take the kick in the gut with my losses, I now have to BAIL OUT all the people that were at fault with my own money too....

as my husband would say, we're being screwed from the front and back on this mess and I am mad as hell about it!

It is like stock - it is only worth less now if you have to sell it. Sure it sucks to loose the equity, but you still have a roof that is worth something and you don't owe anything, let alone more than it is valued at.

If you are living in it and owe nothing for it, I would appraise it as "Priceless" in this market.

Good for you, Care.

It does suck that people who were smart (like you) and lucky (like me) enough to not be upside down right now are going to pay for the crime and ignorance of others through recession and inflation.

-Joe

In my opinion, any system that requires the services of a professional paperwork handler to obtain ownership of personal shelter is an elitist system.

-Joe

Elitist ??? lol....This country is FULL of lawyers..its their primary duty to fuckup everything they can get their hands on....
Washington is full of them...
Its why we have a multi million word tax code to separate most of us from
our money while protecting others...

There is no law that demands you get a lawyer to buy or sell a house, but its obviously in your best interest to have one....after all, they made the freekin' laws...
They can explain to you why black is really white and then convince liberals to agree with them.....lmao :lol::lol:

where is this line and how can i get in it? :D

The hand out isn't for you, it is for the rich folks you owe the money to, so that they can loan it out again before you pay it all back. The theory being that the next guy borrowing it will use it to buy a car and provide employment for people, perhaps in Detroit or Canada, but more likely in Japan.

-Joe

that just makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over, I get to contribute ten thousand dollars towards somebody else's house...

You and I are not going to help keep anyone in their house. Foreclosures will still happen if payments are not made.

You and I are going to help out the rich dudes who loaned the money on the foreclosed property so that they can make more loans.

-Joe

Last edited:
You and I are not going to help keep anyone in their house. Foreclosures will still happen if payments are not made.

You and I are going to help out the rich dudes who loaned the money on the foreclosed property so that they can make more loans.

-Joe

not if the dems get their way,, and to address the articles title.. who should we blame for their ignorance?

You tell me---just what would that enormous amount of money be paying for if it's not helping them pay for their homes ?

Telephone scams-----apples and oranges.

That money will be going to the bankers who made the bad loans, so that they can make more loans so that more over-valued houses can be built, providing employment for people to buy them so that the whole game can continue until the tax payers are as broke as the bankers find themselves right now.

The foreclosures on defaulted loans will continue... unless you can hang on long enough to get refinanced once the rich banker-dudes are flush again.

-Joe

not if the dems get their way,, and to address the articles title.. who should we blame for their ignorance?

Ignorance should be blamed on the ignorant person, unless the person in question is a politician, they are the responsibility of the pricks who funded their campaigns.

-Joe

Forum List

Back