Blaming Politicians For the Price of Gas?

While I will be one of the first to say that politicians are bottom feeders a simple fact needs to be said:

In 1962 if you made $1.00 an hour and gas was .25 a gallon it took one hour of work to buy 4 gallons of gas.
In 2012 if you make $16.00 an hour and gas was $4.00 a gallon it would take one one hour to buy 4 gallons of gas.

In 1962 most cars got 8-12 MPG
In 2012 most cars get 20-35 MPG

Just saying............................

And how did you feel in 2008 when the Dems were beating up the Republicans for supposed high gas prices?
Exactly. Pelosi Premium.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5UYNX_XGQA]The Pelosi Premium - YouTube[/ame]
Also, here is a nice article as well, pretty much sums it up.
Aren't High Gas Prices What Democrats Want?

authorized federal funding of stem cell research.
directed the justice dept to stop defending DOMA
directed the justice dept to stop performing pot busts in states that approved it for medical uses
acknowledged climate change
included the actual cost of the wars in the budget instead of hiding it emergency spending

authorized federal funding of stem cell research.
directed the justice dept to stop defending DOMA
directed the justice dept to stop performing pot busts in states that approved it for medical uses
acknowledged climate change
included the actual cost of the wars in the budget instead of hiding it emergency spending

And, this is just a partial list of the damage he's done!

So here is what seems to be the Conservative Argument on this:

We didn't blame Bush for high gas prices but we do blame Obama for them.
Why?
Because Libs blamed Bush. So nyah!

I didn't blame Bush. I don't blame Obama. That kinda screws their argument into the ground.

Big Oil companies speculate as to the highest price the market will tolerate. Duh. This isn't about policy, supply, demand or anything else. The rather obvious elephant in the room is ........ wait for it........ record profits.

Again. Duh. Really, no one can figure that out? Really? Amazing how politics will blind people to the obvious.

You can drill all the oil you want, however, unless you can refine it what is the true value of the resource. So how many refineries have been built over the past 25 years? How many LNG facilities have been built? When you are anti business the cost of goods and services will be artificially inflated by the actions of governmental regulation. But heck, blame the industry and bury your head in the sand.

Why?

I didn't blame Bush. I don't blame Obama. That kinda screws their argument into the ground.

Big Oil companies speculate as to the highest price the market will tolerate. Duh. This isn't about policy, supply, demand or anything else. The rather obvious elephant in the room is ........ wait for it........ record profits.

Again. Duh. Really, no one can figure that out? Really? Amazing how politics will blind people to the obvious.
Really?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKdScVerrBU]Gas Price Hypocrisy - YouTube[/ame]

Why?

Really?

[/url]

So you reinforce what I wrote. Thanks!

UPDATE 1-US 2010 oil refining capacity highest in 29 years-EIA | Reuters

Jun 29, 2011
U.S. oil refining capacity increased to its highest level in nearly three decades during 2010, but refining operations remain well below historical highs seen in the 1990s, the Energy Information Administration said Wednesday.

There were 148 refineries operating in the U.S. at the beginning of 2011 with a capacity to produce 17.7 million barrels of petroleum products a day, up 0.9 percent, or 152,000 barrels per day, from the previous year, the EIA said.

"While the refinery utilization rate increased to about 86 percent in 2010, it remains well below the levels seen from 1993 through 2005," the EIA said.

The Federal Trade Commission announced earlier this month it would investigate whether refineries were operating at lower levels to reduce available fuel supply and thus keep gasoline prices high.

Why?

Really?

[/url]

NO here's the liberal argument we blamed bush but since it happened under Bush and he did nothing it's OK with obama.

Really?

[/url]

NO here's the liberal argument we blamed bush but since it happened under Bush and he did nothing it's OK with obama.

Again, you reincofrce my point! Thanks!

Why?

Last edited:

What is your point? That you didn't blame Bush nor do you blame obama? Is that your point?
Well small fry you aren't all liberals Bush never got a pass but obama has.

You seem determined to keep reinforcing my point - which is nice of you and all.

So why is it Obama's fault but it wasn't Bush's???

Thus far, your only reasoning as to why it is now Obama's fault is exactly the whackjobbery I pointed out: Well THEY blamed our guy! Waaah!

Party-Hysterics aside, I have yet to see a logical, reasonable argument that supports the Conservative position on this.

If the reason for high gas prices was because of the president, then wanna explain why the oil companies keep posting RECORD PROFITS?

It's not the president, it's the greed of the oil companies who use any excuse to jack up the price.

What is your point? That you didn't blame Bush nor do you blame obama? Is that your point?

You seem determined to keep reinforcing my point - which is nice of you and all.

Thus far, your only reasoning as to why it is now Obama's fault is exactly the whackjobbery I pointed out: Well THEY blamed our guy! Waaah!

Party-Hysterics aside, I have yet to see a logical, reasonable argument that supports the Conservative position on this.
Remember that offshore drilling ban Bush lifted and obama reinstated it? Remember that fuel tax at the beginning of the year? All of that is on obama.

Who said it wasn't Bush's fault?

Personally, I am inclined to blame Obama because he stated that he wanted higher gas prices before he was elected, hired an energy secretary who outlined a policy that included higher gas prices, and has actually implemented many changes that he said would help increase the price of gas to European levels. I don't know if any of that is enough for a dependent illogical to actually blame Obama for gas prices going up, but I think it would work for most independents.

Who said it wasn't Bush's fault?

Personally, I am inclined to blame Obama because he stated that he wanted higher gas prices before he was elected, hired an energy secretary who outlined a policy that included higher gas prices, and has actually implemented many changes that he said would help increase the price of gas to European levels. I don't know if any of that is enough for a dependent illogical to actually blame Obama for gas prices going up, but I think it would work for most independents.
Yep

Forum List

Back