Blame People not Politicians?

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
I get e-mails from Right, Left, and Center just so I can weigh the bullshit.

I got this in my box from a Tea-Party group. It claims to be written by someone from the Czech Republic. Whether that's true are not, I don't know.
There are no results in Snopes........

But let's discuss the body of the message, rather than the origins.

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president."

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Last edited:
We've all seen the videos of Obama supporters. And I'm sure there were probably some other version after Bush was elected.

Are the wrong people voting in America???

If we have a fool for a President, then he was put there by even more foolish people. I can grasp that concept. This being true, then we surely do have a country full of idiots.

If we have a fool for a President, then he was put there by even more foolish people. I can grasp that concept. This being true, then we surely do have a country full of idiots.
Thanks, Count.

Now how do we remedy it?

We elect another fool from the choice of fools the political parties put up for us to vote for/against?

Ohh wait we have been there for a few presidential election cycles.

Thanks, Count.

Now how do we remedy it?

At the current rate we are proceeding, we may be beyond any reasonable attempts at assistance. Could be we are a lost cause. However, nothing is ever going to get straightened out until we begin to have actual honest politicians and we quit electing professional politicians who will do anything and say anything to remain in power. I'm all for term limits. I think there should be a limit on the amount of money a person can spend to get elected, for example, nobody should be allowed to spend more than a year's salary for the office he or she is seeking on the campaign. No more free rides for life with the golden unbrella after you have been elected. All laws passed by Congress should be followed by every American including the ones that passed the law. They should be subject to the same laws as the ordinary citizen. Common sense things like this might be a good start.

Voter exams. It's the only solution. People who can't demonstrate a reasonable knowledge of the way our government works and of current events should not be allowed to vote.

Voter exams. It's the only solution. People who can't demonstrate a reasonable knowledge of the way our government works and of current events should not be allowed to vote.

Well that would exempt at least half of our elected officials from being able to vote.

Well that would exempt at least half of our elected officials from being able to vote.

Even better.

K I will go for your voting test if it included political contributors to pass the same test before they can contribute. That would include every member of a PAC or stockholder in a coproration.

Bush was the main reason Obama got elected.
I can agree with that.

So many, I believe, voted for what was promised to them without researching who was making the promises.

they wanted CHANGE from Bush and republican rule because they were terrible for this country....mccain/palin were Bush lite to the majority of Americans, thus the majority voted for Obama.

i was a hillary supporter and could not vote for obama because i thought he and the Party screwed over hillary from day one.

BUT, he is our President now and that's that...

and NO, i do not believe we should change things where only the ELITE get to vote....

only 50% of this country eligible to vote, votes now....which is already the FEW making decisions for all....

care

Washington, DC wouldn't be such a bad place if we could keep all the damned politicians out of the city limits.

Even better.

K I will go for your voting test if it included political contributors to pass the same test before they can contribute. That would include every member of a PAC or stockholder in a coproration.

Am I in charge? ok then all lobbying and PACs are made illegal. You want to contribute ? Fine you contribute to a privately held fund and that money is equally distributed to all candidates. No more private contributions to candidates.

Even better.

Am I in charge? ok then all lobbying and PACs are made illegal. You want to contribute ? Fine you contribute to a privately held fund and that money is equally distributed to all candidates. No more private contributions to candidates.

I did not say that. I said that only those passing the voters qualification test could contribute. If they pass the test they can contribute. I made no reference at all to money being distributed to other candidates.

I get e-mails from Right, Left, and Center just so I can weigh the bullshit.

I got this in my box from a Tea-Party group. It claims to be written by someone from the Czech Republic. Whether that's true are not, I don't know.
There are no results in Snopes........

But let's discuss the body of the message, rather than the origins.

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president."

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Nope--that came from a Tea Partier--as I am ONE OF THOSE--who believe that this country elected a "communtiy organizer" and not a LEADER.

New Topics

Forum List

Back