Blame Michele Bachmann, S&P Sure Does

Her hard-line stance was just one on display last night. Asked if they would accept a deal to cut the federal deficit that included tax increases — even by a 10:1 ratio — all eight candidates on stage said they would not sign such a bill into law.

One of many reasons why no one in the GOP is fit to be president.

Bachmann's statements on the debt ceiling come off either as stunningly uninformed about the issue, or deliberately misleading. Either way, this line of attack will only weaken her campaign with mainstream and business voters.

Not only Bachmann but her supporters as well.

I can't figure out why I'm not used to it yet. Every day, they say completely insane things. She's come undone. And every day, I cannot believe my ears. I need to be jaded! :(

She never was tightly-wrapped to begin with :D Also, why all the love & kisses for 43 while he was racking up unprecedented debt, not a whit to do w/ investments either :eusa_eh: :eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfJepxPPBok]Michele Bachmann: You take my breath away, Mr. President! - YouTube[/ame]​

I can't figure out why I'm not used to it yet. Every day, they say completely insane things. She's come undone. And every day, I cannot believe my ears. I need to be jaded!

No need to be jaded, but this who they are.

I’ve been dealing with the insanity of the radical right for close to 40 years now, combating the ignorance and hate of the likes of Anita Bryant, for example.

The difference then was the radical right was on the fringe of the GOP, for the most part; today it’s seen as the ‘core’ of the Party, evident in the recent debate where the candidates pander to the extremists, and the posts found in this very thread.

Michelle Bachmann Is The Reason The US Lost Its AAA Rating

S&P senior director Joydeep Mukherji told POLITICO's Josh Boak Thursday that the downgrade was partially predicated on the fact that “people in the political arena were even talking about a potential default."

“That a country even has such voices, albeit a minority, is something notable,” he added. “This kind of rhetoric is not common amongst AAA sovereigns."

Bachmann voted against every plan offered to raise the debt limit, and said she would only consider raising it if it also repealed President Barack Obama's signature achievement — health care reform.

Her hard-line stance was just one on display last night. Asked if they would accept a deal to cut the federal deficit that included tax increases — even by a 10:1 ratio — all eight candidates on stage said they would not sign such a bill into law.

S&P blamed such steadfast opposition to raising revenues as another reason for the downgrade.

Bachmann's statements on the debt ceiling come off either as stunningly uninformed about the issue, or deliberately misleading. Either way, this line of attack will only weaken her campaign with mainstream and business voters.

And there's their final answer.:clap2:

was partially

Thanks for playing.........................................

This can tell you how far to the right the GOP has come:

S&P senior director Joydeep Mukherji told POLITICO's Josh Boak Thursday that the downgrade was partially predicated on the fact that “people in the political arena were even talking about a potential default."

“That a country even has such voices, albeit a minority, is something notable,” he added. “This kind of rhetoric is not common amongst AAA sovereigns."

Bachmann voted against every plan offered to raise the debt limit, and said she would only consider raising it if it also repealed President Barack Obama's signature achievement — health care reform.

S&P blamed such steadfast opposition to raising revenues as another reason for the downgrade.

And there's their final answer.:clap2:

You liberals look to blame everyone but yourselves.

You are the cause of this financial catastrophe with your reckless spending and social programs mean to "help" people.

You should be ashamed of yourself trying to blame a true American for the downgrade.

Dear TrueAmerican;

Where on EARTH did you find a picture of MB looking sane?

I'm informed that S&P's decision was apparently based on the possibility that the USA finds the political will NOT to pay its bills.

Not that it cannot, but that it might choose not to, as was so evident during the debates about the debt ceiling.

Exactly, which is what was stated per a statement to Politico from S&P, post-downgrade. This is a recent quote, not 'he-said, she-said' guesses.

One of many reasons why no one in the GOP is fit to be president.

Not only Bachmann but her supporters as well.

I can't figure out why I'm not used to it yet. Every day, they say completely insane things. She's come undone. And every day, I cannot believe my ears. I need to be jaded! :(

She never was tightly-wrapped to begin with :D Also, why all the love & kisses for 43 while he was racking up unprecedented debt, not a whit to do w/ investments either :eusa_eh: :eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfJepxPPBok]Michele Bachmann: You take my breath away, Mr. President! - YouTube[/ame]​

That's why the neocons be hatin! People remember that they could give a rat's ass when it was their guy. Now that it's [insert disparaging and likely racist remark here] - well "
"Wait one goddamn minute!!! Grover Norquist, where are you!?"

Somebody refresh my memory: How much of Obama's "NEW" debt was actually GWB's "off the record" wars?

How would that be relevant since Obama went to the double down plan?

Have we left Iraq as promised?

Seriously? They didn't know that he was telling the passengers what would happen if the Republicans and Tea Partiers refused to veer course from the iceberg? Derp!

Seriously? They didn't know that he was telling the passengers what would happen if the Republicans and Tea Partiers refused to veer course from the iceberg? Derp!

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Do you understand what the term clarity is, or how to use the quote button.

Should I follow that up with bitch?

But, but, but I thought Obama and all you loons said S&P was stupid, but now all of a sudden their word is golden and true?

Christ, you Obamabots are fuckin' idiots!:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back