Blame game...

Let's take a beat here to recall the other "Blame Games" in recent history. Conservatives blame Barney Frank for the banking collapse, in spite of the presence of the derivative market (caused by Phil Gramm (R) Texas and his penchant for deregulation).

Conservatives blamed Bill Clinton for the attacks on September 11 because he failed to kill bin Laden. This, in spite of the fact that George W. Bush also failed to kill bin Laden in eight years of trying.

Conservatives blame everyone else for hyping environmental concerns even as the environment is deteriorating. This is to provide cover for the big donors like energy and chemical manufacturers.

Seems there is still plenty of blame to go around! I wonder when someone on either side is going to step up and actually accept some of it!

If you're waiting on politicians to take on any negativity and point it at themselves, bring me one of those ice cubes you find in hell.

Let's take a beat here to recall the other "Blame Games" in recent history. Conservatives blame Barney Frank for the banking collapse, in spite of the presence of the derivative market (caused by Phil Gramm (R) Texas and his penchant for deregulation).

Conservatives blamed Bill Clinton for the attacks on September 11 because he failed to kill bin Laden. This, in spite of the fact that George W. Bush also failed to kill bin Laden in eight years of trying.

Conservatives blame everyone else for hyping environmental concerns even as the environment is deteriorating. This is to provide cover for the big donors like energy and chemical manufacturers.

Seems there is still plenty of blame to go around! I wonder when someone on either side is going to step up and actually accept some of it!

Hmmm...well, Obama DID say he was going to change things in DC....but apparently he wasn't referring to accepting any responsibilty.

It's also very telling that you only focused on conservatives doing the blaming. As if dems have no accountability for playing the blame game.

The blame on Barney comes from his insistance that Fannie and Freddie were in great shape and there was nothin to worry about. He knew that wasn't true....FAULT=BLAME

Clinton actually had intel on Bin Laden...had access to him. Basically, they had him in their sites....and didn't take the shot. Knowing what he knew, I can't understand why....FAULT=BLAME

As for environmental issue...you seem to conveniently forget that scandal that came out a couple of months back about statistica fraud in the data that was being used to support the claims of global climate change. It sent Gore into hiding for awhile. MILLIONS have been made on this fictional issue. FAULT=BLAME

I'll save you all the agony of having to listen to this idiot...

1. It's all Bush's fault.
2. I inherited this mess.
3. Did I mention that it is all Bush's fault?

There ya go.. now you can watch Family Guy and not be bothered with Barry the moron.

I'll blame them right now......

Bush and the Republicans fucked up the country and now the Dems have to fix the damage.

Thanks rightwinger!!!!

As I stated...

3. Did I mention that it is all Bush's fault?1. It's all Bush's fault.

Here is a contest for us all to enjoy. How long will Obama speak in the State of the Union speach tonight before he blames the prior administration for things that are not going well for him now? I predict less than 15 minutes. How about you? What's your guess?

I think he should use it as an opener, perhaps quote from a recent history book. You people who believe that the Bush years had no impact on the current state of the union are comical.

Here is a contest for us all to enjoy. How long will Obama speak in the State of the Union speach tonight before he blames the prior administration for things that are not going well for him now? I predict less than 15 minutes. How about you? What's your guess?

I will say within 10 minutes we will hear the word "inherited" at least once.
I am more curious how many times he will say "I"

What's he supposed to do? Have a mirror handy and say "That guy"?? Good Grief, you people are such fucking fools.

What's he supposed to do?

I dunno, be a man and admit he's IN WAY OVER HIS HEAD? Nah, liberal/progressives can't do that. The man is a walking, talking cliche. Fuck him.

As much as the GOP wants to....you don't get to reset the clock and start over from zero. The GOP is accountable for their actions just like the Dems are responsible for theirs.

It used to be a keystone of conservatism....accountability

As much as the GOP wants to....you don't get to reset the clock and start over from zero. The GOP is accountable for their actions just like the Dems are responsible for theirs.

It used to be a keystone of conservatism....accountability

Yeah didn't Bush campaign on that?

Of course he will blame the previous administration. That said, he should. He inherited an economy in shambles, and troops on two fronts. Sure he has tried to make changes to correct these issues (yes, imo these changes failed). But he should remind people that he started off in a hole.

I just wish he would correct the direction we are headed before it's too late. Unfortunately, I don't think he has the means to do it.

-TSO

In order to correct the situation, he needs support from the Republican Party, which they are not going to give him on a single solitary thing. That was clear from the outset, and it has been the spoken mantra for over a year now. Republicans (or whatever they prefer to call themselves now that they've all decided George W. Bush was just a figment of someone's imagination) that their goal is the bring down this administration, no matter how it might hurt the nation as a whole.

That was driven home quite clearly yesterday by the defeat of the Deficit Reduction Panel, a bill sponsored by Senators Conrad (D) and Gregg (R) and widely seen as a good starting point at one time but when it came up for vote, was defeated by many of those same Republicans whose idea it was in the first place.

Of course he will blame the previous administration. That said, he should. He inherited an economy in shambles, and troops on two fronts. Sure he has tried to make changes to correct these issues (yes, imo these changes failed). But he should remind people that he started off in a hole.

I just wish he would correct the direction we are headed before it's too late. Unfortunately, I don't think he has the means to do it.

-TSO

Why would a person run for an office if they don't want to accept the challenge of existing issues? Unfortunately, he has had opportunities to change directions, but like you said, hasn't had the means (experience and knowledge) to choose a better direction to go in. His advisors have been focused on their own agenda for this country. It's very hard to rebuild an engine when you don't know what you're doing and even harder when your team of advisors wants to rebuild that engine to run in reverse.

What direction should that have been? If only one Republican had firmly stood up and said something "new" that would dramatically have helped save this economy from tanking, I would have been right there applauding him/her on. But all they do is criticize and offer no solutions of their own. As do the posters here. Day in/day out.

-TSO

In order to correct the situation, he needs support from the Republican Party, which they are not going to give him on a single solitary thing. That was clear from the outset, and it has been the spoken mantra for over a year now. Republicans (or whatever they prefer to call themselves now that they've all decided George W. Bush was just a figment of someone's imagination) that their goal is the bring down this administration, no matter how it might hurt the nation as a whole.

That was driven home quite clearly yesterday by the defeat of the Deficit Reduction Panel, a bill sponsored by Senators Conrad (D) and Gregg (R) and widely seen as a good starting point at one time but when it came up for vote, was defeated by many of those same Republicans whose idea it was in the first place.

And there is a whole thread on this.. where I have already pointed out that the measure/bill was amended and changed no fewer than 10 times from the original bill that was supported by some who did not end up supporting the end product

-TSO

And there is a whole thread on this.. where I have already pointed out that the measure/bill was amended and changed no fewer than 10 times from the original bill that was supported by some who did not end up supporting the end product

The real question that answers this is who ammended and changed the bill and why.

Forum List

Back