Blame game...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Here is a contest for us all to enjoy. How long will Obama speak in the State of the Union speach tonight before he blames the prior administration for things that are not going well for him now? I predict less than 15 minutes. How about you? What's your guess?

Here is a contest for us all to enjoy. How long will Obama speak in the State of the Union speach tonight before he blames the prior administration for things that are not going well for him now? I predict less than 15 minutes. How about you? What's your guess?

I will say within 10 minutes we will hear the word "inherited" at least once.
I am more curious how many times he will say "I"

The speech could simply be shorted to less than a minute

Content could most probably be summarized by:
But, but, but Boooooooooooooooooooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Look at me, inflate my ego. I'm going to tax the living shit out of you in every way I can sneak it through. Look over here, and while you are distracted I will fuck you over there. Inflate my ego some more, I I I me me me. Hope, change, transparency. We're fucked and I am clueless on the proper way to run anything or have a fix that does not involve feverishly expanding the government. Repeat broken promise and false premise. Thank you and good night.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Of course he will blame the previous administration. That said, he should. He inherited an economy in shambles, and troops on two fronts. Sure he has tried to make changes to correct these issues (yes, imo these changes failed). But he should remind people that he started off in a hole.

I just wish he would correct the direction we are headed before it's too late. Unfortunately, I don't think he has the means to do it.

-TSO

Of course he will blame the previous administration. That said, he should. He inherited an economy in shambles, and troops on two fronts. Sure he has tried to make changes to correct these issues (yes, imo these changes failed). But he should remind people that he started off in a hole.

I just wish he would correct the direction we are headed before it's too late. Unfortunately, I don't think he has the means to do it.

-TSO

YOur right. He did inherit a mess but he has made it worse.

I think he will take about 10 minutes to warm up and then the I's, inheriteds, the previous adminsitrations and I truely cares' will start flying.

-TSO

Why would a person run for an office if they don't want to accept the challenge of existing issues? Unfortunately, he has had opportunities to change directions, but like you said, hasn't had the means (experience and knowledge) to choose a better direction to go in. His advisors have been focused on their own agenda for this country. It's very hard to rebuild an engine when you don't know what you're doing and even harder when your team of advisors wants to rebuild that engine to run in reverse.

Last edited:

-TSO

Why would a person run for an office if they don't want to accept the challenge of existing issues. Unfortunately, he has had opportunities to change directions, but like you said, hasn't had the means (experience and knowledge) to choose a better direction to go in. His advisors have been focused on their own agenda for this country. It's very hard to rebuild an engine when you don't know what you're doing and even harder when your team of advisors wants to rebuild that engine to run in reverse.

In 2008 I felt that anyone who actually wanted to be president and believed they could fix things in short order to be stupit beyond belief.
I still stand by that statement.

So were they all lying? Or just too stupit to understand the situation?
I see no other options.

Your side began blaming Obama before he recieved the nomination. This thread is clear & convincing evidence of partisan hypocrisy.
The truth be told, the problems we face today have many fathers.

Chris Baker has come up with what he calls P-Bo bingo cards, to play along with the standard boilerplate clichés expected tonight.

Sorry, Macsters, they're in Word.

Chris Baker- 100.3 KTLK-FM,

-TSO

Why would a person run for an office if they don't want to accept the challenge of existing issues? Unfortunately, he has had opportunities to change directions, but like you said, hasn't had the means (experience and knowledge) to choose a better direction to go in. His advisors have been focused on their own agenda for this country. It's very hard to rebuild an engine when you don't know what you're doing and even harder when your team of advisors wants to rebuild that engine to run in reverse.
Exactly. There is certainly enough blame to go around, but it's been a year now with his regime in place along with super majorities in the house and senate to help him expedite his plans. He can't expect to keep getting by on "well, look at what i inherited." For one, the many people in the nation unemployed or in danger of being unemployed aren't going to want to hear it, and most of the nation is getting sick of it except for the far lefty Obama nut huggers. Second; he knew exactly what he was getting into and won mostly because people genuinely thought he could "fix" things... it's what he campaigned on.

-TSO

Why would a person run for an office if they don't want to accept the challenge of existing issues. Unfortunately, he has had opportunities to change directions, but like you said, hasn't had the means (experience and knowledge) to choose a better direction to go in. His advisors have been focused on their own agenda for this country. It's very hard to rebuild an engine when you don't know what you're doing and even harder when your team of advisors wants to rebuild that engine to run in reverse.

In 2008 I felt that anyone who actually wanted to be president and believed they could fix things in short order to be stupit beyond belief.
I still stand by that statement.

So were they all lying? Or just too stupit to understand the situation?
I see no other options.

Too bad that the only option offered by the DNC was a guy without the experience or understanding that this wasn't going to turn around quickly and that to promise anything different was naive and irresponsible. On the flip side, McCain wasn't going to be able to achieve much either. But at least he would have been a bit more flexible and willing to listen to all sides. I could be wrong, but I don't think we'd be in this much of a hole after a year. There's no way to know. A democratically controlled Congress wasn't going to be much good to him, so whose to say?

Your side began blaming Obama before he recieved the nomination. This thread is clear & convincing evidence of partisan hypocrisy.
The truth be told, the problems we face today have many fathers.

Emphasis mine. That's true.

Oh My Gawd.... Wry Catcher and I agree on something. :eek::eek::eek:

Let's take a beat here to recall the other "Blame Games" in recent history. Conservatives blame Barney Frank for the banking collapse, in spite of the presence of the derivative market (caused by Phil Gramm (R) Texas and his penchant for deregulation).

Conservatives blamed Bill Clinton for the attacks on September 11 because he failed to kill bin Laden. This, in spite of the fact that George W. Bush also failed to kill bin Laden in eight years of trying.

Conservatives blame everyone else for hyping environmental concerns even as the environment is deteriorating. This is to provide cover for the big donors like energy and chemical manufacturers.

Seems there is still plenty of blame to go around! I wonder when someone on either side is going to step up and actually accept some of it!

Forum List

Back