Blame game or possible solutions?

Same difference. You bought homes from people who were forced out of them.

Everyone who could not make their payments got their homes taken away.

Which caused the bubble to burst.

no it didn't. defaults began after TARP and were triggered by payment resets in adjustable rate mortgages. It was like a mortgage bomb was set and set to explode at a pre determined moment, just before Obama's presidency. Or just at the end of Bush's second term.

TARP was an effect, or an attempted solution. Not a cause.

An avalanche of delinquent loans and foreclosures caused it, rendering MBS to be worthless.

No worthless MBS, no TARP.

Last edited:
A seller is forcibly removed from their home.

Once again you are simply repeating something that isn't true. The seller has not been forced out of the property. No matter how many times you repeat this lie, it will continue to be a lie.

His credit is trashed.

Not as badly as it would be in a foreclosure. In any case, taking the hit to your credit rather than staying underwater makes financial sense. The same is true with many foreclosures where people simply walk away from their mortgages.

The bank takes a loss.

Only relative to the unsustainable mortgage. They know they are getting abetter deal than foreclosure. That's why they do it.

You're pimping misery.

Whatever. I'm getting richer. Gonna close on another three decker next month.

Same difference. You bought homes from people who were forced out of them.

Everyone who could not make their payments got their homes taken away.

Which caused the bubble to burst.

no it didn't. defaults began after TARP and were triggered by payment resets in adjustable rate mortgages. It was like a mortgage bomb was set and set to explode at a pre determined moment, just before Obama's presidency. Or just at the end of Bush's second term.

TARP was an effect, or an attempted solution. Not a cause.

An avalanche of delinquent loans and foreclosures caused it, rendering MBS to be worthless.

No worthless MBS, no TARP.

dude the housing bubble spiked and dropped long before the defaults started rolling in. Reality is at odds with your ideology.

A seller is forcibly removed from their home.

Once again you are simply repeating something that isn't true. The seller has not been forced out of the property. No matter how many times you repeat this lie, it will continue to be a lie.

His credit is trashed.

Not as badly as it would be in a foreclosure. In any case, taking the hit to your credit rather than staying underwater makes financial sense. The same is true with many foreclosures where people simply walk away from their mortgages.

The bank takes a loss.

Only relative to the unsustainable mortgage. They know they are getting abetter deal than foreclosure. That's why they do it.

You're pimping misery.

Whatever. I'm getting richer. Gonna close on another three decker next month.

Banks don't negotiate short sales for borrowers who are willing and able to their mortgage obligations. The people who can pay, but merely walk are far and away in the minority.

But we're done with this "everyone wins" silliness.

The only ones who win are misery pimps.

Reality is at odds with your ideology.

What else is new? When the right wing ideology is contradicted by facts, the facts simply must go. There's no hope for this one. Just keep posting the facts for the benefit of others. This one no longer has the capacity for independent thought.

Banks don't negotiate short sales for borrowers who are willing and able to their mortgage obligations.

If you truly understood what you just said, you'd know how idiotic you are being. The short sale price isn't negotiated with the buyer. It's negotiated with the seller! The bank and the seller act in their own best interests. Capitalism at work.

Banks don't negotiate short sales for borrowers who are willing and able to their mortgage obligations.

If you truly understood what you just said, you'd know how idiotic you are being. The short sale price isn't negotiated with the buyer. It's negotiated with the seller! The bank and the seller act in their own best interests. Capitalism at work.

I do. I see 20-30 short sales or foreclosures a week.

The seller is out of the picture. The bank approves the sale price. The seller has nothing to do with that.

It's trading on misery.

Reverse redistribution.

The seller is out of the picture.

No he's not. He can hang on as long as possible and go to foreclosure. He can make life miserable for the bank.

But, aside from being dead wrong on the facts, again, you are spewing now contrary to your own philosophy simply to take a mindless swipe at me, in pure ad hominem fashion. What am I supposed to do, let these deals go by the boards and essentially throw that potential profit down the shitter?

Yeah, fine capitalist you are.

Now the right wing drone is in infinite repeat mode.

In reality there are innumerable ways to stall both foreclosures and short sales. But the facts mean nothing. Nonetheless, for anyone who actually cares about reality, the truth is on the board for them to read. My job is done.

From here on, if faced with nothing but infinite repeat, I will ridicule the right wing drone.

The statist exploits just enough of the free market as he needs to. But he does exploit it.

And here the drone quotes libertarian scripture. One wonders if he kneels and folds his hands when he regurgitates this dogma.

The seller doesn't do anything but forestall the inevitable.

In other words, I'm right. The seller can make life miserable for the bank and in the real world, the seller, bank and buyer are acting in their own self-interests.

The bank sells when it's good and ready.

The seller can delay for months and even years and drive the bank's costs through the roof. God forbid he's an attorney or has a cousin that's one!

I see them all come and go. Buyers, sellers, lenders.

And you sit in your miserable bank job, having meetings about future meetings and spewing libertarian clap-trap on the Internet.

Get a life.

The statist tells you he believes in redistribution, but, in reality, he is the taker.

The Rand disciple does not think, he spews dogma like a braindead drone.

The seller can protest, but once the decision is made to sell short, he controls nothing.

I don't work for a bank. But I see more short sales and foreclosures than you can dream about buying.

"He excoriates banks, but willingly partners with them to profit," he observed.

New Topics

Forum List

Back