Blair reveals Syria’s fears were well-founded

ZOMG!

Anyone who thinks fear is not a standard, and an effective tool, in foreign policy is naive.

But, ZOMG!
(I think that's the preferred reaction sought by the OP.)

Last edited:
"Either with us, or against us"- mentality. And the whole US public celebrated it.

everyone in this Country?.....there goes another big tent thrower......so i guess then its safe to say...ALL the Turks were dancing in the street after 9/11.....

Blair reveals Syria’s fears were well-founded - The National Newspaper

DAMASCUS // Syria always feared that the White House of George W Bush and Dick Cheney would invade Damascus once it had dispatched with Baghdad in 2003 and, in his newly released memoirs, the former British prime minister Tony Blair confirmed those fears were well founded.

Describing the former US vice president as an advocate of “hard, hard power”, Mr Blair said Damascus was next on Mr Cheney’s hit list.

“He would have worked through the whole lot, Iraq, Syria, Iran, dealing with all their surrogates in the course of it – Hizbollah, Hamas, etc,” Mr Blair wrote in his autobiography, A Journey. “In other words, he thought the whole world had to be made anew, and that after September 11, it had to be done by force and with urgency.”

It's going to be very very interesting in the future as more and more information comes out about all of this. Syria and Iran was on Cheney's list, as was Russia after the start of the Georgia war.

It is going to be interesting to learn more about the sinister agenda of the Bush Administration. At least W. had the good sense not to listen to Dick after Iraq.

Not saying much.

then stop with your dam lies asshole.....not EVERYONE in this Country agreed with what Bush said....understand dipshit....

Exceptions prove the general rule.
My observations stated in this thread, that US public celebrated the prospect of an Iraq War is no lie. Whom are you trying to fool with your Rastafari exceptions?
The "nation" was under attack, so lateral thinkers were declared unpatriotic.

US media was full of
- Shock & Awe
- Axis of Evil
- WMD threat of Saddam
- Nigerian uranium Saddam bought
- mobile WMD laoratories
- missiles to be launched by red button within 45 minutes
- Saddam-AlKaida

It's not me the one who is lying, but you with your post about dancing people.
US public simply wanted to see blood and "make them pay". The problem was, that Saddam and Iraqi people had nothing to do with it.
No one cared.

So, please stop selling yourself to us as a bastion of morality.
If there's need for that kind of morale leadership, we will let you know.

Forum List

Back