Blago Fallout, NOT Obama Bashing

Silence is right Annie, you really should stop pretending to be this "moderate" independent poster, who is simply posting news stories and information out of a deep seated concern for clean government.

Were you wandering around the board complaining about all the proven corruption in the Bush adminstration, and GOP? From scooter libby, to stephen Griles, to Tom Delay, to Ted Stevens, to Jack Abramoff?

I doubt it. Your respect for the rule of law only seems apparent when Democrats are arrested, and you are strangely silent or defensive when republican corruption is exposed.

Why not just admit your a partisan hack? I'm not embarrassed to admit I'm a liberal partisan, but I don't like corrupt government officials of either party. I'm never going to defend Blagovich, or make excuses for him, the way you and Cons backpedaled and downplayed Libby or Tom Delay.

I'm totally happy Blagovich got caught, and I hope he is convicted and receives a nice long prison sentence.

Go ahead and look back, not a problem. You have nothing to respond with, so you attack.

What accusations and insinuations? Every new report I've heard about this scandal has gone out the way to point out that OBama isn't implicated. So, what the hell are you talking about, Ed?

The vile insinuations by the morons on this board who think clever poltical discussions are all about character assassination, NO.

Plots have I laid, inductions dangerous,
By drunken prophecies, libels, and dreams,
To set my brother Clarence and the King
In deadly hate, the one against the other;
And if King Edward be as true and just
As I am subtle, false and treacherous,
This day should Clarence closely be mewed up
About a prophecy, which says that G
Of Edward's heirs the murderer shall be -

Richard III Act 1, Scene 1
William Shakespeare

Annie has nothing solid so she just attacks.

I've no problem with the Republican blogs running the GOP. It's pretty much what sent them down the toilet in the last election.

Whine on, Republicans, whine on!

Typical liberal response to attack and derail the topic, especially that post of mine. :eusa_whistle:

Typical liberal response to attack and derail the topic, especially that post of mine. :eusa_whistle:

You know...I just read my responses in this thread and I believe your complaint has merit, Annie.

I apologise for not more directly responding to your thoughts,

What's the matter with Illinois?

That was the gist of a question for Barack Obama at his press conference just now.

More's the pity. We have real issues facing us.

All but one of the questions were about the Blagojevich scandal -- even though O's topic of the day was health care. (He introduced Tom Daschle as his pick for HHS secretary.)

Like, health care, for example.

He didn't answer that question, unsurprisingly. Not that he called it out of bounds. He just followed a strategy -- as he did for all the Blagojevich questions -- of saying, essentially, I'm one of the good guys and Blagojevich is one of the bad guys.

And I'm inclined to think that is true, too. Not for partisan reasons, but for logical ones.

What benefit to Obama enter into any untoward agreement with Blagojevich who was already under suspicion?

Why do bad things seem to keep coming from Illinois government? You'll have to accept as the answer that there is also good from Illinois, and he is on the side of the good.

As elsewhere. Sad but true.

ADDED: The news conference is detailed here:

He was asked how the governor got the impression that neither Mr. Obama nor his senior adviser, Valerie Jarrett, a possible pick for the Senate seat, were “willing to play ball and why he said those unrepeatable things about you.”

Because those overatures were rebuffed, obviously.

A second part of the question referred to the previous governor of Illinois who is “still moldering” in federal prison, raising the question: What’s wrong with Illinois?

I'd say they've got to work on their electing governor skills, wouldn't you?

Mr. Obama said he could not speculate what was going on in the governor’s mind.

What? Out POTUS-elect can't read minds? He can still leap tall buildings in a single bound, though, right?

And he repeated what he said a few minutes ago, that he believes there are two different views of politics. One involves sacrifice and public service, the other is that politics is a business, “you’re wheeling and dealing and what’s in it for me?” He noted that there are good politicians in Illinois.

I think statistically speaking that's a safe assumption.

If the allegations against the governor are true, he said, “this is sort of the far end of the spectrum, that business mentality of politics.”

What an amusing way of saying, if the allegations are true, the guy's a crook.

He is, after all the POTUS-elect. He has to speak circum loquatiosly in a case like this.

He might prejudice a future case against Blegojevich if he spoke too forcefully.

I have little doubt Blogjevich intuated his desires to somebody near to the Obama team. He probably put out feelers to many potential candidates for that post.

The guy's a sleaze. How is that Obama's fault?

He added that his own campaign was about changing that view of politics. “You can get elected by playing it straight,” he said. “You can get elected by doing the right thing.”

Okay, we might preume he's talking about himself there, eh?

Given that he's even being asked these questions, one can hardly blame him for tooting his own horn.

This truly is much ado about nothing, far as our POTUS-elect is concerned.

He's got other things on his mind.

As should we all., I might add.

Last edited:
IMO..............

Did and does Obama know what type of politician this governor was/is? Yes, of course he did.

Did Obama have any clue that this governor was trying to personally capitalize on his vacant Senate seat? Sure he did.

Did Obama take part in this, do anything wrong or direct his staff to take part in this? Nope, not at all.

In fact, I think it is more than clear already that Obama most likely gave strict orders to not deal with this man and to steer clear of him. And Obama did exactly what he should have done and so did Fitzgerald, they both tried to make it clear from the start heading off the press storm, that this does not include Obama.

Why is Obama relevant in all of this? Hmmm ......... Why would anyone even have to ask that!

Forum List

Back