Blade Runner 2049

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I saw the original movie on laser disc. Yeah. A laser disc as big as a record album.

I've seen every iteration of the original, and so I am very excited to see this sequel which will be coming out in October.

From the trailers, I gather the blade runner played by Ryan Gosling is a replicant himself, as was implied about Decker with the origami unicorn.

Yes, Harrison Ford is in the sequel. Awesome.

Here was the announcement trailer, with Vangelis:

Here is the latest trailer:

Looks like Mackenzie Davis is in 2049. She is hawwwwwt!

Check her out in Halt and Catch Fire when you can.

Another probably pretty good movie buoyed by an aging actor long past his prime taken from a concept approaching 30 years old. What will Hollywood do when it runs out of old actors and even older hit movies to spin off from? Looks good but I'll probably wish it had a lot more of Mr. Ford in it.

The director, Denis Villeneuve, is doing Dune next.

David Lynch totally botched that one.

Another probably pretty good movie buoyed by an aging actor long past his prime taken from a concept approaching 30 years old. What will Hollywood do when it runs out of old actors and even older hit movies to spin off from? Looks good but I'll probably wish it had a lot more of Mr. Ford in it.
The first Blade Runner movie is 35 years old. :)

Adapted from a book which is 49 years old.

Harrison Ford is approaching 75. I just can't picture him chasing replicants through the streets.

Mackenzie Davis would make a great replicant. I hope that's what she is in 2049.

I have two versions of it on laser disc. Others on DVD, BluRay and hard drive. Hate to see good movies copied and spun from if the original actor can't be in it. Harrison is in it, but obviously not as the central figure any more. Sad but understandable. They ought to clone Ford in CGI, make him look younger, then they can make him do anything they want. Then he can just do voice-overs. Even better, make him turn out to be a replicant himself! But without the time limit. Where is Sean Young when you need her? ;^) As to Mackenzie, she will be a replicant, obviously as a spin off replacement for the likes of Daryl Hannah. They must really be shelling out the big bucks these days to get Harrison back into films! Not many good actors left out there.

I have two versions of it on laser disc. Others on DVD, BluRay and hard drive. Hate to see good movies copied and spun from if the original actor can't be in it. Harrison is in it, but obviously not as the central figure any more. Sad but understandable. They ought to clone Ford in CGI, make him look younger, then they can make him do anything they want. Then he can just do voice-overs. Even better, make him turn out to be a replicant himself! But without the time limit. Where is Sean Young when you need her? ;^) As to Mackenzie, she will be a replicant, obviously as a spin off replacement for the likes of Daryl Hannah. They must really be shelling out the big bucks these days to get Harrison back into films! Not many good actors left out there.
CGI is not yet at the point where it can be convincing when it comes to humans. See the end of Rogue One with Princess Leia. Horrible!

I think Sean Young turned out to be crazy in real life. So did Darryl Hannah, come to think of it.

Perhaps the third time's the charm.

Lynch's was decent visually within the restrictions of the time, but the story and the studio buried him. And that Toto soundtrack ... :ack-1:

The Syfy miniseries was dismally bad.

Ford probably wants to kill off all his old characters. He's doing Indy Jones again too.

Where is Sean Young when you need her? ;^)
If Sean Young is not in the sequel, I wonder how they will explain her absence since Decker ran off with Rachael at the end of the original.

"The lithium ion battery in her head caught fire and she went up in flames."

Finally saw this. Was not impressed. A huge letdown.

Great special effects, but the story blows.

I don't even know what the hell Robin Wright's purpose in the movie was.

*SPOILER ALERT*

And WTF was that triple layer robot sex scene about? That was just beyond stupid.

Perhaps the third time's the charm.

Lynch's was decent visually within the restrictions of the time, but the story and the studio buried him. And that Toto soundtrack ... :ack-1:

The Syfy miniseries was dismally bad.

The SyFy miniseries was excellent. Slow, but very well done. Much better than the cheesy movie. The Children of Dune series was less good.

Finally saw this. Was not impressed. A huge letdown.

Great special effects, but the story blows.

I don't even know what the hell Robin Wright's purpose in the movie was.

*SPOILER ALERT*

And WTF was that triple layer robot sex scene about? That was just beyond stupid.

This seems to be the general consensus: a big disappointment. The idea of a new movie never really grabbed me, so I was mostly planning to wait for DVD anyway. I'm definitely going to wait now.

New Topics

Forum List

Back