Blacks Vote For A White Candidate?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Although the New York 23rd Congressional District election has garnered a great deal of interest on the board, a look South may prove to be more significant.

The Democrat Party has masterfully combined an amalgam of very specific groups, using what has been called Identity Politics.

The groups that make up the amalgam that keeps the Democrats in power:
1.Blacks (12.1%)
2. Latinos (7.4%)
3. Single mothers
4. Seniors, 65+ (16% of the vote)
5.Labor unions
6. The Young 18-29 (18%)
7. The left and radicals

It has been said that losing one or two of these groups would spell the end for the Democrats.

Which brings us to 'Hotlanta,' which has become an economic powerhouse in recent years. Since '73, Atlanta has elected Black mayors, not surprising since it is a Black city: In 2000, Atlanta was 33 percent white and 61 percent black. In 2007, the numbers were 38percent white and 57 percent black, according to the U.S. Census.

Well, Atlanta is on the verge of electing a white, Councilwoman Mary Norwood, who polling at 46%, is ahead of the next two, Black, candidates combined.

Should citizens, Black and White, not vote in the Democrat formulaic manner, we may see big changes, for the better, in this country.

Atlanta, you go!

Read more at: Atlanta's Next Mayor Could Be White

I don't like racism. It causes so much unnecessary stupidity from all sides. and voting for a person because of their color is a form of racism. If people voted for the Issues the country would be so much better off. I can't remember his name but an Army General once said (paraphrased) that if you are in a hole and need a hand out, When that helping hand reaches down to you, you do not first look at the color of that hand.

We all need to be Americans first.

I don't like racism. It causes so much unnecessary stupidity from all sides. and voting for a person because of their color is a form of racism. If people voted for the Issues the country would be so much better off. I can't remember his name but an Army General once said (paraphrased) that if you are in a hole and need a hand out, When that helping hand reaches down to you, you do not first look at the color of that hand.

Am I reading your post correctly?

Do you think I am suggesting voting for or against a candidate based on skin color?

If so, either you are misinterpreting the OP or I have poorly written it.

Let me try again. Mine is a critique of Identity Politics. I believe that a political party should address the electorate as American.

Just plain Americans, not a patronizing, unctious, attempt to 'buy' votes

...and suggest that a vote should be considered through the lens of what is best for the country, or locality.

And my hope is that the Atlanta election could indicate just that approach.

Identity politics is played by both major parties.

I believe that should not be the case, but it will not change, regardless of what Atlanta voters do.

Although the New York 23rd Congressional District election has garnered a great deal of interest on the board, a look South may prove to be more significant.

The Democrat Party has masterfully combined an amalgam of very specific groups, using what has been called Identity Politics.

The groups that make up the amalgam that keeps the Democrats in power:
1.Blacks (12.1%)
2. Latinos (7.4%)
3. Single mothers
4. Seniors, 65+ (16% of the vote)
5.Labor unions
6. The Young 18-29 (18%)
7. The left and radicals

It has been said that losing one or two of these groups would spell the end for the Democrats.

Which brings us to 'Hotlanta,' which has become an economic powerhouse in recent years. Since '73, Atlanta has elected Black mayors, not surprising since it is a Black city: In 2000, Atlanta was 33 percent white and 61 percent black. In 2007, the numbers were 38percent white and 57 percent black, according to the U.S. Census.

Well, Atlanta is on the verge of electing a white, Councilwoman Mary Norwood, who polling at 46%, is ahead of the next two, Black, candidates combined.

Should citizens, Black and White, not vote in the Democrat formulaic manner, we may see big changes, for the better, in this country.

Atlanta, you go!

Read more at: Atlanta's Next Mayor Could Be White

I hope and pray with all that is in me that Mary Norwood is elected.

The other candidates would just be more of the same ole same ole corruption and nepotism, and "helping a brother out" since 1973 (and I've lived here since 1968, so I know what I'm talking about).

Former Mayor Bill Campbell (black) is in prison for his coruption while in office.

Current Mayor Shirley Franklin (black) is or has been investigated several times for giving very very lucrative no-bid contracts for airport concessions to her family members. That's BIG dollars right in their pockets.

There are numerous other stories of corruption and mis-management on the part of our Mayors all the way back to 1973, when Sam Massell (white) left office. THAT is the last time Atlanta was even remotely properly governed by *competent* people.

I'm not saying a white mayor couldn't or wouldn't be as corrupt as all the black mayors we've had, but it's time for CHANGE. The black mayors have been elected FOR BEING BLACK....and no other reason.

You should see all the scare-mongering about Mary Norwood.... commercials that say:

"If you elect Mary Norwood, you'll send us back....."

BACK TO WHAT? They don't dare state their blatant anti-white racism.....but we all get it.

Yep....if we're gonna be in a "Hopey Changey" mode, lets start by electing a conservative white woman to the Atlanta Mayor's office! :clap2:

I she a republican? Her site doesn't say.

She claims no official affiliation. She says she is independent, but she is clearly of a conservative bent.

Whatever, she is clearly the BEST person for the job. Apparently Atlantans are wisening up.

I am SO glad to see this.....it does my heart good. :D

Do you think I am suggesting voting for or against a candidate based on skin color?

Let me try again. Mine is a critique of Identity Politics. I believe that a political party should address the electorate as American.

...and suggest that a vote should be considered through the lens of what is best for the country, or locality.

It's a very naive way to look at it. What you call "Identity Politics" is otherwise known as knowing your base. If you had read the article, you would know that if the woman in Atlanta wins, it won't be because of some brand new way of thinking - it'll be because the other two black candidates will split the black vote.

And as a response to your initial post as well..

Do you think that Republican's don't pander to their base? It's not a fault of the Democratic Party, its a fault of human nature and it's strive for power.

I think we pretty much agree with each other.

She claims no official affiliation. She says she is independent, but she is clearly of a conservative bent.

Whatever, she is clearly the BEST person for the job. Apparently Atlantans are wisening up.

So, did you know anything about her aside from her being white, when you started liking her so much?

Because she's certainly not a conservative.

Looking at her comercials and videos I really don't see where she is much different from most Politicians, and she does say she voted for and supports Obamas ideas of change. that doesn't sound very conservative to me.

Gees--wouldn't it be a new world if we could get the black population--instead of historically voting for their own color--thinking about their children's future & voting for a white candidate that is conservative. At that time we can officially declare that racism no longer exists in this country.

HELLO!

Last edited:
So, did you know anything about her aside from her being white, when you started liking her so much?

It's obviously just because of race for her. She's sick of the African Americans being in charge there and has stated such.

The choices were Mccain and Obama. There really was no doubt who to pick, look who won and by how much.

(Must keep Palin away from the white house!)

She's a pro-choice, pro gay marriage conservative.

Conservatism, the Next Generation.

lol

It's a very naive way to look at it. What you call "Identity Politics" is otherwise known as knowing your base. If you had read the article, you would know that if the woman in Atlanta wins, it won't be because of some brand new way of thinking - it'll be because the other two black candidates will split the black vote.

And as a response to your initial post as well..

Do you think that Republican's don't pander to their base? It's not a fault of the Democratic Party, its a fault of human nature and it's strive for power.

"...other two black candidates will split the black vote.."
Read the article again: her polling is more than the two black candidates combined.

"Do you think that Republican's don't pander to their base? "
Further misaprehension.
I am not comparing Republicans to Democrats, I am using the concept of Identity Politics as a pejorative. I am saying that offering the electorate the best picture of a future for our country is more honorable than promising some 'goody' designed for one group.

Rather than " knowing your base" it is a case of politicians pandering and treating the electorate as children, and, since you and so many in the voting public fall into that classification, we get the government- both parties- that we see.

Since missing the point is your modus operandi, let me review: I did not state nor imply that a vote for a white canditate in Altanta would be "some brand new way of thinking," rather it would be a step in the right direction by choosing some other aspect of a candidate than skin color.

What saddens me most is that there are many like you who have not studied history, nor are able to judge America in the historical context, as the most noble experiment in the history of the world.

Once you identified yourself, in a previous thread, as being unable or unwilling to see Ameican exceptionalism, I knew that you were one of the government-school-"educated" secularists who lacked perspective and understanding.

So sad.

The choices were Mccain and Obama. There really was no doubt who to pick, look who won and by how much.

There was no choice, Mr Obama was selected for us by the MSM there was no election to it. And Governor Palin would have made as good or better VP than Biden. Though she is not presidential material. I do wish people would stop confusing her with Tina Fey.

There was no choice, Mr Obama was selected for us by the MSM there was no election to it. And Governor Palin would have made as good or better VP than Biden. Though she is not presidential material. I do wish people would stop confusing her with Tina Fey.

I agree, Tina Fey did make her look silly by USING PALIN'S WORDS.

Oh and what did you mean by Obama was selected for us by the MSM?

Forum List

Back