Blacks Receive 60% Longer Sentences For Same Crimes

:eusa_shhh: That is an inconvenient truth.. Everybody knows, but nobody cares. I would like to know what other people have to say about that.

Not much depth to that article. Could be whites hire lawyers that reduce or plea down sentence. It could be due to previous criminal records. Or maybe blacks commit more gang related activities while in Parisian extending their sentence.

Not much depth to that article. Could be whites hire lawyers that reduce or plea down sentence. It could be due to previous criminal records. Or maybe blacks commit more gang related activities while in Parisian extending their sentence.

:eusa_think: Could it be the lack of a father figure in MANY black families?

Yep and don't worry about those drones overhead if you have done nothing wrong.

ApplesAndOranges.jpg

actually, it's endemic racism in the system as well. if you have someone black and someone white accused of the same crime, there is noteworthy disparate treatment.

you can pretend that isn't the case. but enforcement differs. studies show that white teens don't sell or use drugs any less than black teens. yet the "war on drugs" is largely enforced against minorities. that's simply wrong no matter how you slice it.

i heard this past weekend that if you took every person out of california's prisons and sent them all to community college, the state of california would save billions of dollars.

That's definitely a big factor. Close to 80% of black children in the U.S. are born out of wedlock. The state plays the role of father, but that's exactly how many of the politicians like it.

That could add to the number of blacks committing crimes.

But how would it explain blacks getting harsher sentences than whites for the same crime?

Could it be the lack of a father figure in MANY black families?

actually, it's endemic racism in the system as well. if you have someone black and someone white accused of the same crime, there is noteworthy disparate treatment.

you can pretend that isn't the case. but enforcement differs. studies show that white teens don't sell or use drugs any less than black teens. yet the "war on drugs" is largely enforced against minorities. that's simply wrong no matter how you slice it.

i heard this past weekend that if you took every person out of california's prisons and sent them all to community college, the state of california would save billions of dollars.

Yeah, sorry, Jillian. We clearly overlooked all those white, pistol-packin' home boys slinging crack on the street corner.

There's no doubt that a number of drug dealers peddling hard and soft drugs are white. But "studies" and statistics, while we're at it, suggest - I'd say prove, but I wouldn't want to incur any accusations of racism - that a disproprtionate number of violent offenders who have proven history of defending their turf and honour with deadly force (often with an unregistered firearm) are black. And don't cite the poverty excuse, we all make our own choices in life.

Let's also not forget the disproportionate propensity among black defendants in the courtroom to exhibit a complete lack of respect for the those in the process of passing sentence on them. White defendants may well know how to play the system to their advantage, but considering the severity/solemnity of the situation they find themselves in, who can blame them? If I, as a white man, stood charged of murder, I'd being doing my hardest to come across as serious and co-operative as possible. Not acting-up for my friends/associates in the public gallery. And if I were presiding over one of the two examples I've cited, I'd look favourably upon the defendant who at least acted like they appreciated the severity of the situation they were in, regardless of what colour they happen to be.

Its happened to me personally many years back.

My black friend with the better lawyer got in less trouble than I did...same petty possession charge, but a crime no less.

Oh yeah and,
Go ahead.... send them to the colleges and see what happens :cuckoo:

There is a reason they dont go on their own.... they are not interested in being a contributing member of society.

This is not a blanket statement on black men either. Im just sticking to topic is all.

Yeah, sorry, Jillian. We clearly overlooked all those white, pistol-packin' home boys slinging crack on the street corner.

There's no doubt that a number of drug dealers peddling hard and soft drugs are white. But "studies" and statistics, while we're at it, suggest - I'd say prove, but I wouldn't want to incur any accusations of racism - that a disproprtionate number of violent offenders who have proven history of defending their turf and honour with deadly force (often with an unregistered firearm) are black. And don't cite the poverty excuse, we all make our own choices in life.

Let's also not forget the disproportionate propensity among black defendants in the courtroom to exhibit a complete lack of respect for the those in the process of passing sentence on them. White defendants may well know how to play the system to their advantage, but considering the severity/solemnity of the situation they find themselves in, who can blame them? If I, as a white man, stood charged of murder, I'd being doing my hardest to come across as serious and co-operative as possible. Not acting-up for my friends/associates in the public gallery. And if I were presiding over one of the two examples I've cited, I'd look favourably upon the defendant who at least acted like they appreciated the severity of the situation they were in, regardless of what colour they happen to be.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back