Blacks Protest Philly Curfew

CoolBreeze

Momma if you could see me
Jan 27, 2011
Rural Pennsylvania
Protests Held In Center City Philadelphia Over The City's Extreme Crackdown On Flash Mobs As Part Of The International Day of Resistance Against Africa and African People. « CBS Philly

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Protestors took to South Street Saturday night to voice their displeasure with Philadelphia’s new curfew laws, calling them draconian, and attacks against Democracy.

The community walk against the curfew was designed to draw attention to what the event’s organizers called a war on the African Community, rejecting the claim that the violence of flash mobs is being caused by black youth.

Tommy Joshua, who identified himself as a concerned Philadelphian, likened the situation to martial law. “Can’t be a military solution to a youth problem. Only by joining hands can we change Philadelphia.”

Event organizers pointed to the amount of money that the city is pouring into having an extra police presence on weekends. A main speaker at the protest was independent mayoral candidate Diop Olugbala.

“Through this curfew the city spends more than $56,000 every single weekend. I mean how many youth can be employed from $56,000 being spent a weekend.”

The demonstration was part of the International Day of Resistance Against Africa and African People. Various protests and demonstrations were held across the world as well.

IMO, if the blacks in Philadelphia had taken the time to teach their children to act properly in public and not be a threat to the public at large, there would have been a curfew put into place. Stop the protesting and teach your damned kids about the property rights of others and if they want to be respected, they must first show respect for others.

The mayor also said they need more "youth programs" like basketball.

Six people were injured during a shootout - one critically - at a local league basketball game attended by 500 people in the city's Kingsessing section Monday night, police said.

The game was being held by the Eggy Taylor and Pick Brown League, which is run by the city, said Recreation Commissioner Susan Slawson.

The victims were "innocent bystanders," Slawson said. One man was in critical condition.

Six injured in shooting at Kingsessing basketball game | Philadelphia Inquirer | 08/23/2011

Good thing there were no cops around. :(

I saw a woman on The Factor who wrote for the Inquirer and she said Nutter's new curfew sends a message to black kids that white people's lives are more valuable than blacks. She was angry that he chose to speak out only after the flash mobs attacked in the white sections of the city.

I don't think black kids got that message from the mayor. But I fear they may have gotten it from her.

The curfew is criminal and militant. And just friggin dumb.

generations of idiocy have lead to this.

Each liberal generation has worked and worked to "help" black people, each generation has not only failed, but made it worse. Now, another dem, is using a brutal curfew to resolve the issues.

make drugs legal and kill welfare.

The men will have nothing to sell and will have to find education and jobs.
The women will no longer be able to live off of checks and will have to either get a man in thier life to help raise the kids or get an education or job, or all of the above.
The children will see thier parents acting like adults and follow the path from poverty via education and jobs.

If the liberals keep doing what they are doing, they are going to keep getting what they got.

Each liberal generation has worked and worked to "help" black people, each generation has not only failed, but made it worse. Now, another dem, is using a brutal curfew to resolve the issues.

The women will no longer be able to live off of checks and will have to either get a man in thier life to help raise the kids or get an education or job, or all of the above.
The children will see thier parents acting like adults and follow the path from poverty via education and jobs.

If the liberals keep doing what they are doing, they are going to keep getting what they got.

You do know there are almost just as many whites on welfare as blacks right? I think Bessie in the trailer park would like to have a word with you about cutting off her welfare check.

You would think a civilized people would be out protesting the violent flash mobs.

The International Day of Resistance Against Africa and African People

Whoever these organizers are, they really need to work on their command of the English language.

That sounds more like a memorial day barbecue at Tank's place :lol:

Last edited:
The lawbreakers are the ones with no parental supervision. The curfew doesn't have a detrimental effect on kids who have places to go and things to do without running the streets in packs.

I don't know the solution. Wish I did because my family lives there. But the curfew has worked so far. I was there last night and didn't see any young people in Center City, without their parents. It's about containment in the ghettos. Sad, but true.

You do know there are almost just as many whites on welfare as blacks right? I think Bessie in the trailer park would like to have a word with you about cutting off her welfare check.

Well Bessie needs to get some book lernin and get herself a job.

fyi; the "just as many whites on welfare" doesn't hold up under the simplest of scrutiny.

There are more whites than blacks in America. check the percentages.
Percent wise, the number of blacks is far higher than whites.

If I recall it went
hispanics
blacks
whites
native indian
asians

It's genration after genaration of liberals telling blacks that they are owed welfare, and now it's at the point that they don't have to be told that.

I don't know if you have ever been poor enough to be in the system, but I have, and I can tell you, it's incredibly hard to get off. If you are on the system, life becomes easy, not great, just easy. You make one penny more than you are allowed, life becomes very very hard, and when you have few examples of how to be an adult and struggle threw, you end up back on the system a beaten man. so you teach your kids how to use the system. [not you specifically, you in a general sense]

Of course it does. But the flashmobs have almostall been black and the victims almost all white. It is a racial issue and the black mayor of Phila. understands it.

You do know there are almost just as many whites on welfare as blacks right?

Is that supposed to change something?

I think Bessie in the trailer park would like to have a word with you about cutting off her welfare check.

Too fucking bad. She can get up off her lazy ass and get a job.

Sleaze is a matter of integrity, not color.

So adults are protesting their kids (assumably ranging from 10-17 years old) are NOT allowed to raom the streets of Philly after 9:00 pm? .... wow

Well Bessie needs to get some book lernin and get herself a job.

fyi; the "just as many whites on welfare" doesn't hold up under the simplest of scrutiny.

There are more whites than blacks in America. check the percentages.
Percent wise, the number of blacks is far higher than whites.

If I recall it went
hispanics
blacks
whites
native indian
asians

It's genration after genaration of liberals telling blacks that they are owed welfare, and now it's at the point that they don't have to be told that.

I don't know if you have ever been poor enough to be in the system, but I have, and I can tell you, it's incredibly hard to get off. If you are on the system, life becomes easy, not great, just easy. You make one penny more than you are allowed, life becomes very very hard, and when you have few examples of how to be an adult and struggle threw, you end up back on the system a beaten man. so you teach your kids how to use the system. [not you specifically, you in a general sense]

I see where your coming from and I'm not saying your wrong necessarily however I am just saying if you pulled welfare you would piss off just as many white folks as you would blacks.

The lawbreakers are the ones with no parental supervision. The curfew doesn't have a detrimental effect on kids who have places to go and things to do without running the streets in packs.

I don't know the solution. Wish I did because my family lives there. But the curfew has worked so far. I was there last night and didn't see any young people in Center City, without their parents. It's about containment in the ghettos. Sad, but true.

The solution is not to have children that you cannot care for or bring up properly.

The solution is not to have children that you cannot care for or bring up properly.

I agree but all that comment does is the ruffle the feathers of the pro life crowd.

I agree but all that comment does is the ruffle the feathers of the pro life crowd.

Tough.... let them get ruffled.

Forum List

Back