Blacks Pastors-are telling their flocks to stay home on Election Day

but the dems gave that one up.

All because the republicans grabed the mantle

Really you believe that?
So why did Obama lost 30-50% of the vote in West Virginia to a guy in jail, in the DEMOCRAT primary?

Why didnt republicans dominate local elections until this decade?

Seems like an awful lot of democrats didnt like the civil rights bills.....including Al Gore's father.......yeah learn history first.

They are called Dixiecrats and George Wallace was their last candidate. Now ALL of those racists are now GOP. That is the history.

Regards from Rosie

Again that's your leftwing bullshit

If that were the case why didnt the republicans take over congressional delegations, senate seats, and state legislatures in the 70s? Why did it take until the 90s to even make a dent in those areas?

Really you believe that?
So why did Obama lost 30-50% of the vote in West Virginia to a guy in jail, in the DEMOCRAT primary?

Seems like an awful lot of democrats didnt like the civil rights bills.....including Al Gore's father.......yeah learn history first.

They are called Dixiecrats and George Wallace was their last candidate. Now ALL of those racists are now GOP. That is the history.

Regards from Rosie

If that were the case why didnt the republicans take over congressional delegations, senate seats, and state legislatures in the 70s? Why did it take until the 90s to even make a dent in those areas?

White birthrate was still high in the '70's. Now it is nearing 20 years past the '90's and the diverse coalition shown at the Democratic Convention outnumbers the near lily-white Republican Convention.

Get used to losing again.

Regards from Rosie

yeah you can hope .

I hope the largest turn out in history happens.

robmoney will lose

Even Democrats have lost the hope and change feeling...............

$Obama-Year-One.jpg

I think these homophobic pastors will find that there are fewer single issue voters in their flocks than they'd like. Fear of having John Bolton in a position of authority will scare them more than two consenting, tax paying adults, getting legally married.
A poll From a radio station that caters to the black community
Will you vote for Barack obama after his support for gay marriage
37.71% Yes
56% No
6.29% I'm undecided

Did Barack Obama Lose The Black Christian Vote Over His Support For Gay Marriage? | Praise 102.7

Tony commented
You cannot honor God by selling your soul to the Devil. That is what our President has done by his support of same sex marriage. It is totally in opposition to the teachings of God. The President does not change what God says. Therefore I can no longer support him. I do not see how any Christian in right standing with God could support Obama any more. We have to answer to God someday and our vote says what we stand for, in the eyes of God.

African-American Christians waver over vote | General Headlines | Comcast
Some black clergy see no good presidential choice between a Mormon candidate and one who supports gay marriage, so they are telling their flocks to stay home on Election Day. That's a worrisome message for the nation's first African-American president, who can't afford to lose any voters from his base in a tight race.

The pastors say their congregants are asking how a true Christian could back same-sex marriage, as President Barack Obama did in May. As for Republican Mitt Romney, the first Mormon nominee from a major party, congregants are questioning the theology of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its former ban on men of African descent in the priesthood.

In 2008, Obama won 95 percent of black voters and is likely to get an overwhelming majority again. But any loss of votes would sting.

Bye-Bye Obama............

I guess it'll depend on what is more important: An eternity in HELL or free stuff on earth.

Regards from Rosie

White birthrate was still high in the '70's. Now it is nearing 20 years past the '90's and the diverse coalition shown at the Democratic Convention outnumbers the near lily-white Republican Convention.

Regards from Rosie

Ok so what does white birthrate have to do with it? Whites way outnumbered blacks in the 70s, yet they still voted democrat...that's the point. They voted republican in the presidential races on abortion, gays, shit like that. But on every other level they were democrats and went to the DNC. What racist policy did republicans propose?

Regards from Rosie

Ok so what does white birthrate have to do with it? Whites way outnumbered blacks in the 70s, yet they still voted democrat...that's the point. They voted republican in the presidential races on abortion, gays, shit like that. But on every other level they were democrats and went to the DNC. What racist policy did republicans propose?

The Dixiecrats fled in the 70's, did not vote for Carter and voted Reagan in. They didn't vote for Clinton, either - blacks did in droves. The only Hispanics Romney will pull are Cubans. The Republican base, which is too small to actually elect Romney/Ryan, is exactly who they are playing to!

Pelosi is salivating over picking out the drapes for the Speaker's Chamber a-gain.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

The Dixiecrats fled in the 70's, did not vote for Carter and voted Reagan in. They didn't vote for Clinton, either - blacks did in droves. The only Hispanics Romney will pull are Cubans. The Republican base, which is too small to actually elect Romney/Ryan, is exactly who they are playing to!

Pelosi is salivating over picking out the drapes for the Speaker's Chamber a-gain.

Regards from Rosie

She wont be speaker. Again dixiecrats are still democrats. Most of the republicans in the south came from up north.
Explain why Obama's vote with the heavy black percentage in democrat primaries was lower? The white southern democrats think people in jail are better candidates?

churches and pastors that use the pulpit for political purposes should have their tax free status revoked.

They do....if they're white....welcome to the double standard

But of course, that is wrong you know, they shouldn't. They constitution clearly says that there is freedom of religion and freedom of speech. If in your religion your religious leaders should see corruption in the state, then is it not his duty to point it out to his flock, congregation, etc.?

What business is it of the state to interfere with the goings on of the spiritual community? It matters not if they "define" it as political action. One's concern for the affairs of ones community and the condition of the state can have a profound spiritual and psychological impact on the soul. Thus, it has always been an interest of the church. This excuse to gag spiritual communities with the threat of taxation is an abomination. The founders knew what they were doing. I blame the Jesuits for rolling back their genius and castrating the 1st Amendment. Do a Google search for "In Caesar's Grip."

"There is not a shadow of right in the general government to inter-meddle with religion.
This subject is, for the honor of America, perfectly free and unshackled. The government has no jurisdiction over it."
~James Madison

Bear in mind, it is the Society of Jesus, (the Jesuits) who first invented liberation theology. Y'all know what the POTUS practices, right? :eusa_whistle:

but the dems gave that one up.

All because the republicans grabed the mantle

Really you believe that?

Regards from Rosie

Don't kid yourself, Rosie, the vast majority of those racists are still Democrats. They just moved underground, like the rats that they are.

I lived in Florida during the Jim Crow years, and I was a registered Democrat, just like the majority of people in the South. Why? Because if you were not registered as a Democrat, you had no vote in state and local elections. Democrats ruled the South, and they ruled like the corrupt bastards that they are. The South was 50 to 100 years behind the rest of the nation, and the Democrat political machine liked it that way.

When that cabal was finally broken in the late sixties and early seventies, I, like many other people who had no love for the Democrat party, switched my registration to Republican. We finally had some Republicans to vote for in state and local elections.

However, the Democrats, not through with their racial politics, went on a campaign of convincing Black people that all those who switched to the Republican party were the racists of Jim Crow fame. The dumbass Republican party never bothered to counter that propaganda, and Democrats wound up with the Black vote.

I think these homophobic pastors will find that there are fewer single issue voters in their flocks than they'd like. Fear of having John Bolton in a position of authority will scare them more than two consenting, tax paying adults, getting legally married.
37.71% Yes
56% No
6.29% I'm undecided

Did Barack Obama Lose The Black Christian Vote Over His Support For Gay Marriage? | Praise 102.7

Tony commented
You cannot honor God by selling your soul to the Devil. That is what our President has done by his support of same sex marriage. It is totally in opposition to the teachings of God. The President does not change what God says. Therefore I can no longer support him. I do not see how any Christian in right standing with God could support Obama any more. We have to answer to God someday and our vote says what we stand for, in the eyes of God.

We shall see. Blacks have fought too hard for the right to vote to stay away from the polls. Romney certainly isn't going to pick up any more than his current 0%. :lol:

Stunning lack of knowledge of black culture.

So you think you know enough about black voters to ascribe single issue voting to them?

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/...to-conventions-obama-has-four-point-lead?lite

So you think you know enough about black voters to ascribe single issue voting to them?

NBC/WSJ poll: Heading into conventions, Obama has four-point lead - First Read

No, I know enough about Black Christianity to understand that they will listen to their Pastor's.

Black Christian life revolves around their Churches.

Don't bother me NBC Polls.

37.71% Yes
56% No
6.29% I'm undecided

Tony commented

We shall see. Blacks have fought too hard for the right to vote to stay away from the polls. Romney certainly isn't going to pick up any more than his current 0%. :lol:

Well if that were true why was there such a record turn out in 2008? We have had other elections before 2008

37.71% Yes
56% No
6.29% I'm undecided

Tony commented

Well if that were true why was there such a record turn out in 2008? We have had other elections before 2008

That was only for Bammy, he has fucked that up.

Forum List

Back