Blacks' dreams will come true. Then what?

This doesn't make any sense. Why should african americans live their lives in shame, if Obama becomes a bad president?

You voted for Bush twice, Bush is white, Bush is the worst president in modern history, are you going to live your life in shame?
Actually, Carter was the worst Pres in modern history, and I have railed against Bush's non-conservative stands when he has taken them. Since Obama is a Messiah to the blacks, they will be crushed when he cannot deliver.

Actually, Carter was the worst Pres in modern history, and I have railed against Bush's non-conservative stands when he has taken them. Since Obama is a Messiah to the blacks, they will be crushed when he cannot deliver.

I agree. Will these people finally admit they're wrong when Obama runs this country into the ground?

Mark Nickolas: What A President Obama's Cabinet Might Look Like?

I heard Politico.com had something but I couldn't find it on their website???

Al Gore isn't even mentioned on this one from Huffington. I think Al Gore should be on this list.

I got to to go to a meeting. Later.

Sad how John Edwards sexed himself out of consideration. I think he would have made a great Attorney General.

Hillary Clinton on the Supreme Court .. that works ..

But more germaine to the topic of this thread .. I didn't see many black or hispanic names for consideration. Hud? .. Democrats always give us HUD. There are lots of longtime, seasoned black politicians, like Conyers, who has as much experience and important leadership positions as almost anyone on the list ..

. but hey .. this is a day for celebration .. and most importantly, I'm not the one who's going to be surprised and disappointed.

No. They'll make up some excuse or hide the facts. It's about power and control not right or wrong.

Exactly--Obamabots will go the the same lengths that the Bushbots did. The truth is not an issue here. It's how well you can do at distorting it.

Sad how John Edwards sexed himself out of consideration. I think he would have made a great Attorney General.

Hillary Clinton on the Supreme Court .. that works ..

But more germaine to the topic of this thread .. I didn't see many black or hispanic names for consideration. Hud? .. Democrats always give us HUD. There are lots of longtime, seasoned black politicians, like Conyers, who has as much experience and important leadership positions as almost anyone on the list ..

. but hey .. this is a day for celebration .. and most importantly, I'm not the one who's going to be surprised and disappointed.

That list isn't certain.

I heard 2 Republicans might be Obama appointees. They were anti Iraq Republicans.

I wish I kept track of people who told me I was crazy. One republican on these boards said no way Hillary would be a Supreme Court nominee. BET!

The very fact that we even have to discuss this issue leads me to think that there's no way in hell any American can avoid being racist.

We can, at best, try not to let the background radiation of the racist world we live in effect us too much. But sadly for everyone concerned, as long as we notice such unimportant things as skin color, we are programmed to think in terms of race.

Not my perspective my wise friend. We are all colored by who and what we are and seasoned by the environment we've grown up in. It is our identity. There is nothing wrong with perspectives based on our identity and culture. Nothing wrong with protective biases of our culture and identity. However, at the core, we are all people who aspire to pretty much the same things.

Intelligent society understands the value of true diversity, not tolerance. This is true even in enviroments where everybody is pretty much the same .. like Ireland. They kill each other over religion. The same is true in Africa, the arab world, and elsewhere. The evil of Self is human nature .. and it must be controlled by law, culture, and most importantly, intelligence.

Skin color and culture and not unimportant. It's our identity. The key is accepting the identity, vison, and perspectives of other people and understanding the value of true diversity and how it benefits us all. I am better because there is you and you are better because there is me.

That understanding tempers the evil of racism. It's why I call you brother.

Sadly power corrupts Black men no less than White ones. We ALL want to be heros, but the path to power takes us down dark alleys we'd rather not go.

The only way to be a completely honest man, one completely devoid of the the corrupting power of power, is to have no power whatever.

Who needs completely honest men .. or women? That's not how life works, and even genuis suffers from the same frailties as the weakest among us. Just human nature. If it's human, expect weakness. Those who put "heros" on a pedistal are the only ones who will be disappointed to find out their hero was only human after all. I never expected perfection from Jackson, Sharpton, King, Malcolm, or anybody else who stepped up and played their part in a struggle that has lasted for 400 years. They did their part, I stand on their shoulders .. I respect where I came from.

In my life I've been blessed to get close to many people I respect, and have great admiration for .. my heros. If one doesn't understand that they are just people, they should stay away from heros and admire them from afar.

True enough. If you're Black (or White for that matter) do not worry about being tolerated. You won't be.

I'm probably older than you my brother. I lived the sixties. But you seem more pessimistic than I am. Even in my "blackness", I've not only been tolerated by many white people, I've been made to feel every bit as comfortable as I could have imagined. That I'm not tolerated by everyone white is meaningless .. because they'd probably be the people I have no tolerance for .. as there are black people I have no tolerance for.

Heros, even tin plated ones, serve a purpose. I expect Obama to do what he can, given what he's working with.

I agree .. and the purpose I expect him to serve is in teaching the failure of American politics. We've had 8 years of failure from the right .. and expect more years of failure from the center. There are lessons to be learned for sure.

Nobody who is truly awake expects him to walk on water.

Yes, but notice how even you had to qualify that with "truly awake"

That list isn't certain.

I heard 2 Republicans might be Obama appointees. They were anti Iraq Republicans.

I wish I kept track of people who told me I was crazy. One republican on these boards said no way Hillary would be a Supreme Court nominee. BET!

Republicans WILL BE in his Cabinet and Hagel and Lugar are almost certain.

Hillary on the Supreme Court would even be better than her as president .. but DAMN would the knuckledraggers go crazy.

Republicans WILL BE in his Cabinet and Hagel and Lugar are almost certain.

Hillary on the Supreme Court would even be better than her as president .. but DAMN would the knuckledraggers go crazy.

I would rather have voted for hilary than ever vote for obama

Exactly--Obamabots will go the the same lengths that the Bushbots did. The truth is not an issue here. It's how well you can do at distorting it.

Bullshit, I voted for him but I expect results and I will have no problem calling him out if he doesnt deliver.

Not my perspective my wise friend. We are all colored by who and what we are and seasoned by the environment we've grown up in. It is our identity. There is nothing wrong with perspectives based on our identity and culture. Nothing wrong with protective biases of our culture and identity. However, at the core, we are all people who aspire to pretty much the same things.

Were there no minorities, we would invent minorities. Classism, based on some nonsense or the other, is social-nature.

Intelligent society understands the value of true diversity, not tolerance. This is true even in enviroments where everybody is pretty much the same .. like Ireland. They kill each other over religion. The same is true in Africa, the arab world, and elsewhere. The evil of Self is human nature .. and it must be controlled by law, culture, and most importantly, intelligence.

Yes.

Skin color and culture and not unimportant. It's our identity. The key is accepting the identity, vison, and perspectives of other people and understanding the value of true diversity and how it benefits us all. I am better because there is you and you are better because there is me.

Social culture is important. Much more so than race.

Social-cultures often clash precisely because of that.

America is, right now, in the midst of a clash of American social cultures.

Tolerance to race is but one aspect of those different social values in collision.

That understanding tempers the evil of racism. It's why I call you brother.

Understood. We all have our demons. That's one which I have managed to send to hell before I get there.

Who needs completely honest men .. or women?

Every society, every culture. they hate them, but they need them.

Truly pathological societies, societies typically on the verge of collapse, eliminate them.

That's not how life works,

Actually, yes it is.

Iconclastism is just one of the archtypal human personalities. Every society spawns them. The break icons because they have no choice, not because they're heroic.

and even genuis suffers from the same frailties as the weakest among us. Just human nature. If it's human, expect weakness.

And heroism, and perfidy and every other known human trait. Each and every one of us is sometimes the hero and sometimes the villan, no?

Those who put "heros" on a pedistal are the only ones who will be disappointed to find out their hero was only human after all. I never expected perfection from Jackson, Sharpton, King, Malcolm, or anybody else who stepped up and played their part in a struggle that has lasted for 400 years. They did their part, I stand on their shoulders .. I respect where I came from.

Ah yes, heros.

We both know what the Greeks thought of them. A wise people those ancient Greeks. A least their playwrites knew a thing or two about the tragic nature of the human comedy

In my life I've been blessed to get close to many people I respect, and have great admiration for .. my heros. If one doesn't understand that they are just people, they should stay away from heros and admire them from afar.

I've never really had a hero. Just not my nature, I guess. I admire some people, of course, but I don't expect them to shit marble.

I'm probably older than you my brother. I lived the sixties.

As did I. I am one of the few people who lived though that age who did NOT go to Woodstock. That, and never having seen The Sound of Music are traits which I suspect make me a unique membmer oif our generation. Throw in the fact that I STILL have never played a game of basketball, and I'm off some kind of Boomer bell curve.

But you seem more pessimistic than I am.

You think? Don't confuse my saying things are going down economically with pessimism. I take a long view of things.

Things change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. It's often hard to tell which thing is bad and which is good, when you're living though it.

I am certainly not thrilled with where I see the nation going in the next few years. Beyond that random events own the night.

Even in my "blackness", I've not only been tolerated by many white people, I've been made to feel every bit as comfortable as I could have imagined. That I'm not tolerated by everyone white is meaningless .. because they'd probably be the people I have no tolerance for .. as there are black people I have no tolerance for.

I've tolerated a few White people in my life. They're sort of okay as long as they aren't in large groups. Then they get uppity.

I agree .. and the purpose I expect him to serve is in teaching the failure of American politics. We've had 8 years of failure from the right .. and expect more years of failure from the center. There are lessons to be learned for sure.

It's a lesson that our neighbors seem unwilling to learn. Were you here when the banking "Fix" was announced?

Did you notice that so called liberals AND so called conservatives both were aghast? For a moment, I thought sanity might break out.

Have you noted since then, that this place has fallen back into the standard US them Left/Right Lib Con paradigm?

People do not like complications. They want white hats and black hats.

Golden ages aren't remembered because they're the common experience of mankind, BAC.

Yes, but notice how even you had to qualify that with "truly awake"

Of course I did. I strive to be as accurate as I can be, given the limitation of trying to describe a complex reality in text.

A simple declarative sentence, one without any need for further clarification, or one without some mitigation?

Simple unmitigated declarative sentences that are entirely correct are as rare as a universal constant is in reality.

The speed of light isn't a law, it's a suggestion.

Last edited:
Were there no minorities, we would invent minorities. Classism, based on some nonsense or the other, is social-nature.

Absolutely

Social culture is important. Much more so than race.

Social-cultures often clash precisely because of that.

America is, right now, in the midst of a clash of American social cultures.

Tolerance to race is but one aspect of those different social values in collision.

Absolutely

Understood. We all have our demons. That's one which I have managed to send to hell before I get there.

:lol:

you funny

Every society, every culture. they hate them, but they need them.

Truly pathological societies, societies typically on the verge of collapse, eliminate them.

I've always been inspired by the story of the 300 Spartans (No one can do it better than Kirk Douglas in Spartacus) .. but even early in life I recognized that the course of society and events often lie in the hands of a few .. also evidenced by the Civil Rights Movement. I'm just looking for the few to emerge.

Actually, yes it is.

Iconclastism is just one of the archtypal human personalities. Every society spawns them. The break icons because they have no choice, not because they're heroic.

Brilliant

And heroism, and perfidy and every other known human trait. Each and every one of us is sometimes the hero and sometimes the villan, no?

Absolutely agree

Ah yes, heros.

We both know what the Greeks thought of them. A wise people those ancient Greeks. A least their playwrites knew a thing or two about the tragic nature of the human comedy

Ahh, the Greeks. Revealed much about human nature did the Greeks.

I've never really had a hero. Just not my nature, I guess. I admire some people, of course, but I don't expect them to shit marble.

Marvin Gaye actually shit marble .. I'm serious. I've seen it.

As did I. I am one of the few people who lived though that age who did NOT go to Woodstock. That, and never having seen The Sound of Music are traits which I suspect make me a unique membmer oif our generation. Throw in the fact that I STILL have never played a game of basketball, and I'm off some kind of Boomer bell curve.

Wait a minute .. I'm starting to question if you're even human brother.
You've never seen the Sound of Music?
You never engaged in the sweet science of basketball?

I need to check your Green card.

You think? Don't confuse my saying things are going down economically with pessimism. I take a long view of things.

Things change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. It's often hard to tell which thing is bad and which is good, when you're living though it.

I am certainly not thrilled with where I see the nation going in the next few years. Beyond that random events own the night.

We most certainly agree here.

I've tolerated a few White people in my life. They're sort of okay as long as they aren't in large groups. Then they get uppity.

Are you availble for rent?

It's a lesson that our neighbors seem unwilling to learn. Were you here when the banking "Fix" was announced?

Did you notice that so called liberals AND so called conservatives both were aghast? For a moment, I thought sanity might break out.

Have you noted since then, that this place has fallen back into the standard US them Left/Right Lib Con paradigm?

People do not like complications. They want white hats and black hats.

Golden ages aren't remembered because they're the common experience of mankind, BAC.

Of course I did. I strive to be as accurate as I can be, given the limitation of trying to describe a complex reality in text.

A simple declarative sentence, one without any need for further clarification, or one without some mitigation?

Simple unmitigated declarative sentences that are entirely correct are as rare as a universal constant is in reality.

The speed of light isn't a law, it's a suggestion.

Most excellent thoughts.

Thanks for sharing them.

Last edited:
Now every black child in the country will now have a hero to look up to that is not a sports star or a rapper.

This will change American culture forever.

If a politician is the best example of a hero any person of any race can come up with, there's a problem.

Barack is way more than a politician. He's the best white america has to offer also

Now every black child in the country will now have a hero to look up to that is not a sports star or a rapper.

This will change American culture forever.

If a politician is the best example of a hero any person of any race can come up with, there's a problem.

Barack is way more than a politician. He's the best white america has to offer also

No the whites are starting to become the minority and that is not how it was meant to be.

Forum List

Back