Blacks Celebrating......what?

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
ED-AN546_klein_G_20110509154718.jpg

Mavericks fans celebrating the Lakers getting blown out of the playoffs? Obama's gonna pay their mortgage? Grandma’s ham-hocks and collard greens for dinner?

No,they were just informed that their daughter received a coveted spot ( via lottery ala Waiting for Superman) in the Harlem Success Academy Charter School.......
http://www.harlemsuccess.org/

Stereotypes die hard….

carry on, that is all.

Last edited:
Instead of picking the hardest working kids they randomly choose from all that apply?

Only black kids, I take it.

how is it that you expect grammar school kids to distinguish themselves as the 'hardest working'

truthfully they likely have far more qualified applicants than open spots. a lottery becomes the fairest way to select from those qualified.

I think the point was that when you saw the pic, you probably thought something racist....but in fact, it was that the child was going to a magnet school...which defies the original racist thought.

the problem is...it's kind of racist to assume that a) blacks dont usually care about schools or b) whites assume all that racist shit to begin with.

thread fail.

Instead of picking the hardest working kids they randomly choose from all that apply?

yes, they use a lottery. I have had this debate many times, and frankly, at the end of the day, it is imho the last, most 'fairest' system that they can employ.

Well, they need it most. But no, as it is a lottery anyone whom lives in that school district can apply.

Public service anncmt. survey Q-

who's congressional district is the Harlem Success Academy in? :eusa_whistle:

how is it that you expect grammar school kids to distinguish themselves as the 'hardest working'

truthfully they likely have far more qualified applicants than open spots. a lottery becomes the fairest way to select from those qualified.

They have these things called "grades", once every 8 weeks, they put these "grades" on "report cards" so the parents can see how thier kids are doing.

True though, if they end up with a bunch of kids that are tied, lottery would be fair enough.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Talk about stupid.

You see a picture of black people and what enters your retarded head? :lol:

yes, they use a lottery. I have had this debate many times, and frankly, at the end of the day, it is imho the last, most 'fairest' system that they can employ.

Well, they need it most. But no, as it is a lottery anyone whom lives in that school district can apply.

Public service anncmt. survey Q-

who's congressional district is the Harlem Success Academy in? :eusa_whistle:

what's his name with the hair that shoulda gone to jail for fraud

Talk about stupid.

Nothing dipshit, I checked the link to find out what this was all about.

Harlem.

since it's mostly black, and we still have the naacp, it's not a stretch for me to wonder if it's for black kids only.

and to top it off, the girls on the cover page are 3 little black girls.

So fuck off with your idiotic assumptions.

Talk about stupid.

Harlem.

since it's mostly black, and we still have the naacp, it's not a stretch for me to wonder if it's for black kids only.

Actually due to the high cost of living, alot of black families have left Harlem and alot of whites and asians with money are moving in, the demographics are changing there.

Talk about stupid.

Harlem.

Why don't you learn to think instead? It will keep you from coming across as a racist.

True story.

Well, speaking for myself, the first thought that popped in my head when I opened the thread was the smile I got seeing the look on the two parents faces. Priceless. I'm happy for them.

Talk about stupid.

Harlem.

Actually due to the high cost of living, alot of black families have left Harlem and alot of whites and asians with money are moving in, the demographics are changing there.

Well here is a moment in which I learn something new. How is this occuring? If I recall, wasn't Harlem the birth place of the civil rights movement?

my heads in a bit of a spin. I see Harlem as a place with classical buildings along side modern ones, with, seriously, nothing but black people around.

meh, to much Hollywood, maybe.

Talk about stupid.

Harlem.

Why don't you learn to think instead? It will keep you from coming across as a racist.

True story.

And perhaps asking questions instead of making accusations will make you seem like a more decent human being that has some semblance of manners.

Harlem.

Well here is a moment in which I learn something new. How is this occuring? If I recall, wasn't Harlem the birth place of the civil rights movement?

my heads in a bit of a spin. I see Harlem as a place with classical buildings along side modern ones, with, seriously, nothing but black people around.

meh, to much Hollywood, maybe.

Well the cost of living and prices of real estate have sky rocketed in New York City in recent years, alot of the original blacks who lived in Harlem can't afford to live there anymore and are being replaced by whites and asians who work uptown and make more money, the slumlords have also started to renovate their apartment complexes to accomodate them, when I lived in Virginia I ran into a shitload of New Yorkers who moved to Virginia because the cost of living in New York was just too damn high, hell in my barbershop 4 out of the 5 barbers that worked there were from New Yorks, Queens and the Bronx specifically.

Forum List

Back