Blacks causing more than their share of student loan problems

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
New Federal Data Show a Student Loan Crisis for African American Borrowers

Two weeks ago, the U.S. Department of Education provided the first-ever look at long-term outcomes for student loan borrowers, including results by race and ethnicity.

The data show that 12 years after entering college, the typical African American* student who started in the 2003-04 school year and took on debt for their undergraduate education owed more on their federal student loans than they originally borrowed. This holds true even for students who finished a bachelor’s degree at a public institution. One reason they might not be paying down their loans? Nearly half of African American borrowers defaulted, including 75 percent of those who dropped out of for-profit colleges

New Federal Data Show a Student Loan Crisis for African American Borrowers - Center for American Progress

Who'd a thunk it?

Some people just aren't college material, but they admit them anyways. If they default, Uncle Sam picks up the tab.

It's a win-win for the lending institutions, (who probably lobbied heavily for it) The taxpayers, notsomuch.

To me, it's not as much racist as it is grafty and corrupt.

Is there anything blacks can do without screwing over other folks.
They used to be good ball players but they f-ed that up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
Is there anything blacks can do without screwing over other folks.
They used to be good ball players but they f-ed that up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're good at murdering each other.

Forum List

Back