Blacks Cannot Swim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big D

The police department in this seaside town has dropped its swimming requirement for new officers -- in part, to recruit more blacks to the force.

North Miami officials said knowing how to swim is not really necessary. And they said the requirement has discouraged some blacks in this Haitian-American enclave from joining the department.

"They have been intimidated because they don't swim. Very few of them swim," Mayor Joe Celestin, who is Haitian-American.

In fact, experts said blacks in general are less likely than whites to be proficient swimmers.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/04/22/police.swimming.ap/index.html

Originally posted by Big D
The police department in this seaside town has dropped its swimming requirement for new officers -- in part, to recruit more blacks to the force.

North Miami officials said knowing how to swim is not really necessary. And they said the requirement has discouraged some blacks in this Haitian-American enclave from joining the department.

"They have been intimidated because they don't swim. Very few of them swim," Mayor Joe Celestin, who is Haitian-American.

In fact, experts said blacks in general are less likely than whites to be proficient swimmers.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/04/22/police.swimming.ap/index.html

Can you?
It seems to me you're drowning in a sea of racial hatred.
I'd be happy to give you a swimming lesson.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Can you?
It seems to me you're drowning in a sea of racial hatred.
I'd be happy to give you a swimming lesson.
I bet you would like to give me some "swimming" lessons, no thanks I like girls.

If you want to teach people how to swim, try teaching blacks because they don't know how.

Originally posted by Big D
I bet you would like to give me some "swimming" lessons, no thanks I like girls.

If you want to teach people how to swim, try teaching blacks because they don't know how.

Hey D, have you noticed how many people are interested in what you have to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back